* Author Topic: Last Chance  (Read 305 times)

0 Members

Offline TJmills74

• Un-Ranked
modify
Last Chance
« on: 24/12/19, 05:49 »
Hi all,

I've made a decision to give this one last try. My journey started in 2010. Within these 10 years I have had
3 IUIs LWC  unsuccessful
Countless DIY with known donor - 1 pregnancy miscarried just before 3 months
3 IVFs - Herts and Essex - all unsuccessful
1 IUI - Serum, Athens - unsuccessful
2 IVFs - Serum, Athens with Donor eggs & sperm - 1 pregnancy miscarried just before 3 months
Adopted 3 beautiful boys in 2016 now ages 7, 5 and 3.

But despite everything I still have an all consuming, huge desire to have a biological child.
I'm now 43 and the odds are stacked massively against me but I know I'll regret it if I don't try again, and will probably regret it if I do as well! (if unsuccessful)

My question is i have about 5k on a credit card to do this and know that won't get me much in the UK.
We were very happy with Serum but wondered if there were any more affordable options out there. Have looked briefly at Lithuainia..

Have recently found out about ovarian rejuvenation. I feel this would benefit me. Does anyone have any experience of it?

I don't know if the reason I can't let it go is because I deep down believe that I can get pregnant and carry to term. I am gay so have only ever had fertility treatment or self insemination with known donor.

Any info/ experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AdelineX

modify
    Last Chance
    « Reply #1 on: 26/12/19, 08:02 »
    Dear TJ, I have no direct experience with ovarian rejuvenation, but I have read about a few cases on forums. I don't mean to disappoint you, but the reason "older" eggs often fail to lead to a healthy pregnancy is genetic. It means that the ovarian environment cannot overcome the problems in the genetic makeup of the egg. DNA deteriorates with age and so far medical science has not found a cure for that. Rejuvenation cannot change the way eggs enter the final stage of maturation, metaphase II, when genetic errors most often occur. So, in my humble opinion, it may just be a waste of money.

Of course, you can try to improve things with supplements, COQ10 in large daily doses (800 mgs) may be of help, also Omega 3, and many others. But their impact is limited - the genetic competence of the egg cannot be influenced, unfortunately.
    As far as money is concerned, an IVF cycle with own eggs in the Czech Republic is approx 2200 eur. There are some great clinics you may want to take a look at, in my opinion they are more scientifically oriented than Greek clinics. That is, their protocols have at least some empirical success ( immune protocols, etc).
    Of course you know this, as you have already tried it - donor eggs, at 43, gives you the best shot. You will have the biological connection, not the genetic one. They also offer genetically tested embryos for embryo adoption (double donation), that is about 1800 eur.

I wish you lots of wonderful luck in your journey and I'm very sorry it has been so long and painful until now. I hope you get your happy ever after with a healthy rainbow baby soon.