* Author Topic: Newbie to FertilityFriends but been on this journey seems like forever!!  (Read 309 times)

0 Members

Offline EternalHope

• Un-Ranked
Hi I'm 45 years old, been on the TTC roller-coaster for past 8 years from when I met my partner. We started trying for children straight away as I realised time wasn't on our side. While we were getting fertility investigations I fell pregnant naturally but I was devastated to be told it was an ectopic pregnancy, my tube ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery to remove it and was told I would need IVF. My partner already has a grown up daughter from previous relationship so we didn't qualify for any NHS treatment. We did an IVF cycle at Jessops in Sheffield which unfortunately was a negative result, at this point I was suffering a lot with endometriosis and adenomyosis so I was given Zoladex injections to down regulate me. When it came to try a second cycle I wasn't responding to the stimms and they thought the zoladex had put me into menopause, at egg collection they didn't retrieve any eggs and I was told i would never be a biological mother :'( After a break we decided to try with donor eggs, this cycle resulted in a positive result but sadly ended in miscarriage at 7 weeks. I was heartbroken and took it really badly so much so that I spiraled into depression and didn't have any further fertility treatment. Fast forward 4 years and I have realised I cannot give up on my dream to be a mum so I have just started looking into donor embryos abroad. So thats where I am at, looking forward to reading the boards and picking up some tips and info xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    Iím very sorry for your losses and your struggles  ^hugme^

Iím glad you found us, there is some great support around here. Have a look at the international boards for advice about your clinic/country, and also the Donor section.

Good luck xxx

Offline Crazycats42

Hi. Iím so sorry for your sad journey.  I too have been at this journey a long time and am planning donor embryo treatment next year.