* Author Topic: Natural BFP Age 41  (Read 572 times)

0 Members

Offline Squiggly

• It only takes one egg. Just not always yours! :-)
modify
Natural BFP Age 41
« on: 1/01/20, 23:07 »
I needed an egg donor to conceive my first baby and we were planning to return to the clinic in 2020 to 'pick up' a frozen embryo that might be a sibling for him.  ^hugme^

But somehow, I got pregnant naturally.  ^idiot^

My cycles returned immediately even though I was breastfeeding and continued to breastfeed until he was 2.5 years old, stopping only once I was pregnant and got too sore.

The only other thing we did differently was that we were both following a mainly vegan diet, inspired by the documentary "The Game Changers", which describes how vegan athletes found themselves capable of greater strength, speed, performance and recovery than before and allowed older athletes to compete with those much younger. With the inflammatory nature of endometriosis and adenomyosis, the vegan diet seems pretty healing.

I suppose breastfeeding may have had some impact, though hard to measure. I was still breastfeeding when I got pregnant and only stopped once I found it was too sore due to the pregnancy. (One of my hopes was that breastfeeding would reduce period pain, which I think it did.)

I'm 41, but my infertility stretches back through my 30s and possibly longer. I don't know since I hadn't met my husband until I was 29. My endometriosis was described as 'severe' and I never did well during (own egg) IVF.

Awaiting a scan tomorrow to see how far along I am and to see if all is well.

If you're reading this looking for hope, well, apparently anything is possible.  :)  ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    Natural BFP Age 41
    « Reply #1 on: 2/01/20, 07:06 »
    Congratulations and good luck!  ^goodluck^

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
    modify
    Natural BFP Age 41
    « Reply #2 on: 4/01/20, 22:34 »
    Huge congratulations!
    We spoke way back in 2015 as I was a fellow endometriosis And hypothyroid person. I think you’d read my diary on here.
    I am so so pleased for you and wish you all the very very best with your pregnancy.
    I think if you can manage to reduce inflammation then natural pregnancy with endo is possible. You’re proof of that now. Xx