* Author Topic: 43 and looking towards Double donation  (Read 1984 times)

0 Members

Offline Padellina

modify
43 and looking towards Double donation
« Reply #10 on: 1/03/20, 10:40 »
Hi ladies, can I join you?
I will start donor egg treatment soon. We found an altruistic donor and hope to start soon in the UK.  It would be great if we could keep in touch.
I havenít join the DCN yet but I am planning to do it soon
All the best

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 1/03/20, 13:16 »
    @Padellina- I am not in the same position, just wanted to tell I will be keeping my fingers crossed for success of your treatment x

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 2/03/20, 21:06 »
    Hi  - yes certainly  - On FF there are various threads in different places often about similar things so sometimes I loose track !

AFM I am single /43 so having DD treatment in the UK  - I found choosing the donor really harrowing tbh , I have the planning appointment tomorrow so i will know more then . I am writing down questions for the clinic as and when they arise.  I feel quite overwhelmed at times atm. Yes the DNC has books to borrow and talks etc - there is a convention coming up soon I am thinking I might attend as it has talks / groups for 'thinkers and tryers' Yes do keep posting here xx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 5/03/20, 21:53 »
    HI,

I recently had planning appointment for DD treatment .  Quite surprised how long /complex the treatment protocol is,  how expensive each subsequent ET would be  - i have to decide about the embryoscope incubator (camera ) too.  I guess I am tired and worried in general - in the midst of this it is difficult to see getting through each stage , the patience and ongoing resiliance required and being a single person i grieve for various hopes i had, i know it has to be a day at a time and 'trying' to carry on as 'normal ' ( long ago forgot what that was tbh !) . The clinic are generally helpful though I have to chase up things quite a bit it seems , I guess they are v busy.  I am thinking maybe to go to the DCN conference in April in London xx                                         

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 30/03/20, 12:51 »
    Hello @snowdropwood I guess things are on hold?  I do wish this will be over soon :(

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 30/03/20, 20:49 »
    Hi Yes it is . The donor had started but it was still cancelled , so very difficult for everyone.  What is your situation with treatment xx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 1/09/20, 17:43 »
    Hi - that sounds very positive !

I  have viability scan this week at 7/8 weeks ,  though just tested at home as the clinic doesnt do the 'blood tests, so early days indeed !