* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 10029 times)

0 Members

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #120 on: 4/09/20, 19:23 »
Briss -
I think it's time to accept a natural cycle won't work. 
It doesn't mean a managed 'natural supported' cycle won't work. 

There is a lot written about LH being dysfunctional in people who are 'Peri' so it doesn't surprise me you need a trigger.   

Dorchester -
I would suggest start Cetrotide at LH >10, and follicle >10.   E2 at 500 might be too late for you.
I would suggest Cetrotide twice daily at LH >15.

AFM - 6 week scan on Wednesday went well,  strong heartbeat seen. 
Still freeking out about the Thrombophilia and would be great to know if anyone else has these issues.  Think i'm going to keep going with Clexane till term (if I get that far), but need to find a supportive consultant in the UK.
My blood sample also went missing in the post, and I'm not feeling v nausious so worrying a little.  I started taking methalyated B vits and the sickness definately decreased since then - but still I don't like hardly haveing any symptoms except being hungry.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 4/09/20, 20:41 »
    Queenie, amazing news about the heartbeat, so positive and hopefully you can feel reassured for a few weeks! When are you planning to have another scan? BTW, I had absolutely zero symptoms other than feeling really thirsty.... and I totally get what you mean that some symptoms would have been reassuring. I hope the next few weeks until 12 weeks go so quickly for you!

Sunshine, lovely to hear from you and it's almost unbelievable your little girl is already 1! Totally with you on no more IVF, I've decided I can't do it to myself physically, mentally or financially again. I'm probably quite resigned to having an only and I'm sad about it for his sake, but we will see what the future holds. As it is, I still pinch myself every day that he is here, healthy and happy. I am going back to work in 2 weeks, I can't believe that mat leave flew by so quickly!

Dorchestor and Briss, I hope your next cycles go well xxx

Online mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 5/09/20, 09:58 »
    Hi all,

I hope itís ok that I join this thread. Iíve been reading it for a while now and found it a source of support and hope in dark and challenging times.

Itís lovely to hear all the positive stories of success. Congrats Queenie123 on your good news.

Iím hoping for a bit of advice from you lovely ladies. A bit about my situation below

Iím 39 and have done 4 rounds of ivf with the lister. Initially I was given good odds 25% as my AMH was 5.7 and FSH 14. But I have now been told I am a poor responder and have issues with quality and quantity of eggs and that those hormone results donít mean much anymore.

Ivf 1 short protocol -progesterone went sky high so would have been a freeze all. 4 eggs collected but only 1 normal and didnít make a blast. I think I was massively over stimmed on max dose and this affected egg quality.

Ivf 2 long protocol cancelled due to poor response.

Ivf 3 back to short protocol cancelled due to poor response.

Ivf 4 letrozole protocol with a lower dose of menopur 225. Stimmed for longer as they were trying to let a few follicles catch up. I was given estrogen as my lining was thin. I had 4 good ones on day of egg collection but they only got 1 egg! But that one egg made a 5 day blast 4ab but bfn.

During the transfer the dr struggled to get the catheter in as my uterus was effectively at a U bend as it is so retroverted. Iím now wondering if I actually have an implantation problem. I did conceive naturally and easily at 36 and had an emergency section with my DD and then had a lot of bowel and bladder complications post surgery.

I have a follow-up on Monday with the consultant with a view to cycling again in October. I suppose my question is we have now spent a small fortune to only get 1 blast and are there any questions I should be asking the consultant? I have wondered about natural ivf but I guess I still hope we might get more than one egg at some point if we carry on with stims. While clinically my consult is ok he is extremely clinical and not that personable so Iím just trying to prepare myself before the appointment. I have wondered about switching consultants but I guess they all do the same job and the outcome would unlikely change.

Any advise would be gratefully received, I feel like itís going to be a long journey ahead!

Thanks

Offline eyes

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 5/09/20, 22:49 »
    Hi
    I have pm you. Your experience seemed similar to mine. Hope you get success very soon.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 6/09/20, 13:20 »
    Mouse - Thank you so much for your post,  this is the place for you!  You definately need some support. 

I found the Lister (although they have an amazing reputation) were not in the right mindset for me.   I have never (even at 32 years old) made more than 1 good embryo per cycle.  - I mean, what is the point of making 5 or 6 eggs if only 1 of them ever is viable - So pleased you can make Blasts!.    My BFP (and anything I have come close to) has always been on a natural supported cycle.   Quality over Quantity.  But you have to be prepared it might take more cycles.  Yes it is Brave to give up making more eggs, it feels very backwards, but I have made 3 eggs on a natural cycle before, and they can give you a little bit of stims, but each clinic manages it differently - for me I needed a little stims, cetrotide and a trigger, otherwise quality wasn't as good.    I think the Lister do not have a lot of experience with nearly natrual cycles - suscess depends on the skills and exerpience of the clinician, if you go down that route I would find someone or somewhere who is comfortable with that approach.

For Implantation - Yes, I pursued that persistantly and I was right.  Many of us have mutli-factoral problems. 
    You should check Immune issues, Thrombophilia and Thyroid.  (To start).  I think if that doesn't show anything up then a hysteroscopy with ERA might help.    Correcting the Thrombophilia and Thyroid were the trick for me.

Online mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 6/09/20, 22:53 »
    Thanks so much for replying. Itís so tough isnít it. If I could I would try serum but practically itís not possible for us (both NHS frontline clinicians with a toddler and no family who live nearby to help with childcare).

As Iím sure you all know work starts to suffer as the cycles go on and on and the time out starts to become an issue.

We went to the lister both because itís been recommended and because Iím commuting in from Brighton and itís a short distance from Victoria. But I have never gelled well with my dr and might ask to switch. I will also look at create as I know they do more natural cycles. I feel like Iíve spent so much money at the lister I feel like I need to see a few more cycles through before switching to see if they can learn from the last cycles.

I will definitely push more for investigating implantation issues, Iíve asked about this every time in consults, but itís been dismissed so far. I honestly think itís an issue. My worry is it costs so much (and so much time) to even get one blast that waiting for a few to fail before checking if there is a problem seems completely impractical (and expensive).

I agree quality over quantity is the most important thing. Will be interesting to see what they suggest for my next round in October.

Thanks again and will keep you posted. Iím already trying to muster up the strength to cycle again, itís difficult to keep going despite the knock backs!

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 7/09/20, 06:17 »
    Hey mouse, as you've had a DD and only made the one blast on your IVF cycles then in my opinion that's not an issue with implantation as you cannot conclude anything from this one cycle with the blast. It could easily have just been an abnormal embryo. The key is probably to try and get more embryos transferred which I know to get more can be a struggle (it was the same for me). I've had lots of eggs all the time and my FSH was only 8 but none of the eggs were any good (or the embryo then wasn't good). I think your clinic hasn't got the protocol right. Seeing the last cycle gave you the best results then I'd try and recreate something similar, letrozole and low dose menopur. The only other input I'd have is that when stimulating for a longer time then perhaps the timing could be a bit off and you may want to think of freezing what you have and then transfer in a cycle when you haven't taken many drugs. Also considering the fact the lining was thin (due to the letrozole most.likely). There is no harm done in assessing any thyroid, blood clotting etc issues if there are (or even if there aren't) but in all likelihood you just need a normal embryo I believe. It's frustrating I know (and so expensive) but I'm confident that with your age and numbers there will be that one good egg. But it could take several cycles to get it. All the best of luck

Online mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #127 on: 7/09/20, 20:18 »
    Thanks Kat for your reply and advise.

So had the follow up consult today. Dr suggested another letrozole cycle with the same dose of menopur. He didnít think there was any issue with implantation and there is no evidence to support it (which I understand having only 1 blast). I asked about banking and pgs testing. He said itís up to me but can end up being really costly. So weíve opted for another 2 cycle package. I really hope it get a couple more blasts to transfer as itís getting really expensive!

While I find my consultant not that personable he is good at getting things sorted in terms of actioning a plan and Iím starting a new cycle tomorrow and heís sorted me a baseline scan etc. This will be my fourth back to back cycle with no breaks at all in between. I found out my last cycle failed on Friday so feel good that I donít have to wait a month to go again.

I do have the fear that nothing will grow this month but there is also the possibility that maybe I will get another blast.

Howís everyone else doing?

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 7/09/20, 22:27 »
    Hi Mouse
    I was at Lister for years
    Now at create and wish I had moved sooner.
    PM if you like
    I didnít follow my gut sooner there and wasted precious time.
    Queenie I need some helping will start stims Friday. Do I need a LH monitor this time so I donít miss the surge? Which do you suggest?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mira-Fertility-Ovulation-Concentrations-Certified/dp/B07L52V55P

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 7/09/20, 23:31 »
    Mouse - If you made a good Blast then makes sense to do the same approach,  but I suspect you could also make a Blast on a more natrual cycle. 

I hate this 'there is no evidence' - whatever happened to the precuationary principle?? 
    If you want the tests, get them done - don't wait for 3 failed implantations to get it if you don't want to. 

PGS is complicated, and unfortunately the answer isn't black and white - which is why we never did it.

Dorchester - I don't know much about the LH monitor - I use cheepie sticks but I do them 4 - 6 times a day.  But they really aren't very accurate if you have a gradual rise.  There is nothing that can replace blood tests. 
    Is there any reason you can't have daily blood tests?