* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 10014 times)

0 Members

Offline MSJ

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #130 on: 8/09/20, 01:04 »
Hi All, this thread seems to have certainly picked up.

Queenie - Congratulations on the BFP and the scan with the heart beat!!!! Over the moon for you and keeping everything crossed and hoping you're managing to not be too anxious. What kind of thrombophilia issues do you have? Would you say prices at Serum were cheaper to UK or similar? If after using up all my frosties don't work I'm looking at options for DE.

Briss - sorry you're having a hard time of it late. What do they advise with regards to continuing with being peri? With regards to your DH's sperm and moving clinics, I think you mentioned a while back, have you thought about moving the frozen sperm if you wanted to move clinics? I can give you details if you need them. i had my embryo moved from Create to ARGC. the costs to move in UK wasn't too much, I'm not sure about international though.
Also with regards to being peri is sore boobs a sign. I seem to have sore boobs most of the cycle especially during the luteal phase

Dorchester - we already messaged. Create also suggested tamoxifen after my 2nd cycle where the egg didn't fertilise (1st time that's happened to us), I think they triggered me too early tbh, but when it came to the 3rd cycle they just said lets do bemfola and cetrotide again as I had good results in my first cycle with this. A day 3 grade 1 8 cell embryo banked. 3rd cycle had a day 3 grade 1 10 cell embryo transfered but it didn't implant. Good luck in deciding.

Sunshine - lovely to hear from you! Amazing your daughter 1yr old already! It sounds like you had quite a bad pregnancy and birth? I imagine psychologically it can take a while for you to get over something like that. Is you body back to normal yet? I don't blame you for not wanting to put yourself through the ttc journey again, it is incredibly difficult. I was going to prepare to do my first FET in April/May but when Covid took over I was secretly quite relieved I didn't have to do it!

Katkat, Shady - glad you're both doing well and nice to have you back on the post

Mouse - for peace of mind I would definitely get your thyroid and thrombophilia checked. Go with your gut instinct. I would have thought most clinics check this before anyway don't they? I think its best to rule out these things before embarking on expensive cycle after cycle. I have endometriosis and have been pregnant naturally twice straight after surgery for endo (unfortunately miscarried), but I now know that its played a big part in my fertility. The fertility clinics all said to me that it doesn't matter but the way I see it they've not managed to even achieve implantation once, 40K later even with blasts and good quality day 3. Of course egg quality is likely to play a big part but how I managed to get implantation so easily naturally after surgery then is a mystery to me.
Also, doing the same protocol where you got a blast sounds sensible but if you're not getting many eggs the natural modified or mild might be suited for you also. Milder/more natural will give you better quality eggs and cost less. Although your last cycle sounds quite mild anyway

Sorry if I missed anyone

AFM - I've had my head buried in the sand a bit with all the fertility issues since Covid started. I'm slowly starting to think about it again. I had telephone consult this week with UCLH regarding pains I still have in my pelvic area (mainly sides and sometimes middle area). Currently trying to decide whether I should just go private and fork out the expenses to see Dr Jurkovic for ultrasound and HyCosy. The pain on my sides came about after my first miscarriage. However, I'm currently not working so also trying to be careful with money.
I do need to start looking for a job too. Its hard to get motivated when you've been off work for so long!
My main concern is as I have endo I will need immunes treatment, I have high natural killer cells and cytokines (although was lower with my last surgery), worried if I need something other than intralipids it'll suppress by immune system which may mean I wont have the immunity to fight Covid. I do have low paternal antibodies as well, for this Dr Gorgy last time gave me LIT therapy which is basically DH's white blood cells injected into my forearm. It made me feel really sick last time and I found I got colds more frequently after that. I'm not sure if I want to do that again...Is anyone else doing immunes?

Also I'm not going to do any more fresh cycles so worried about using my last ever frosties... ARGC like to transfer 3 embryos if you're over 40(!), especially as immunes meds can be v expensive, but I'm hesitant in using everything up in one go with them. So I'm currently just mulling things over unable to make a decision currently to move things forward, which isn't ideal!

.

FertilityFriends

  • Advertisement
  • ***

    Offline mouse80

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #131 on: 11/09/20, 12:47 »
    Hope everyone is doing well.

    Queenie  hope you are feeling well and keeping everything crossed that things continue to stay positive.

    MSJ wow 3 embryos in one transfer. I can see why you are ambivalent about using them in one go. Such a difficult decision. Sorry to hear about work and having to look for a job. Itís such a stressful time right now and fertility on top just throws in another layer of worry.

    ATM Iím trying to decide whether to cancel my cycle. Baseline scan on day 4 showed a 9mm follicle and surprise surprise after 3 days of stims itís now 19mm! Which means the smaller ones wonít have a chance to catch up. Iím not convinced it isnít a cyst as that was the initial thought of the sonographer but then they concluded it was a follicle because itís under 10mm. There is a smaller one at 15mm. But last cycle I had 4 follicles and we only collected 1 egg, so difficult to know whether to just go for it or hold off for another month and cut our losses.

    We have a 2 cycle multi package with access at lister and after this Iím considering changing clinic. Either Crete for natural ivf or go all out and try one cycle at ARGC and chuck the last bit of cash at it.

    Offline mouse80

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #132 on: 11/09/20, 14:06 »
    Hey ladies. Just after a bit of advice. So there there is one dominant follicle with the hope of the second catching up. If bloods are ok they have said I could go for egg collection Monday but I can cancel if preferred. Monday would be cd10 which is super early. Just wondering if early egg collection might affect egg quality?

    Offline queenie123

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #133 on: 11/09/20, 15:05 »
    Mouse - let us know your blood results and linning,  you should look at the whole picture here. 

    I am pro cancelling if it's not quite right, and clinics don't always think about cost-effectiveness.  - But also it might have just started growing in the luteal phase, so you really do need blood and linning to interprit. 

    Hope that helps!

    Offline mouse80

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #134 on: 12/09/20, 08:33 »
    Thanks Queenie,

     lining is around 4 but triple layered but donít think it would thicken up enough for a fresh transfer.

    Was waiting for bloods last night and the lister called to say there was a problem with the lab. But they didnít expect my LH to be over 20 and so have called me back this morning for bloods and scan. They said hopefully they could push the smaller follicle so there would be a chance for 2 eggs. Hopefully I will get a better picture with bloods today as to what to do next.

    Offline mouse80

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #135 on: 12/09/20, 11:09 »
    So cancelled after saw blood results

    Lh was 5ish Easteogen was 420. Lining was too thin to support a fresh cycle so would have been an extra cost to freeze.

    There wasnít a doctor around to discuss but my understanding is that with E at 420 itís probably not likely there would be 2 mature eggs by Monday.

    Such a hard decision to make on the spot, hope Iíve done the right thing but will always wonder what if that was the ďthe oneĒ. Not much chance of a natural conception due to thin lining.

    Oh well will start again in a few weeks on next cycle and just hope thereís a better outcome.

    Offline dorchestor2016

    • Full Member
    • ***
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #136 on: 12/09/20, 12:58 »
    Hi

    Mouse80:
    If you have doubts follow your gut
    I am also pro cancelling if things donít look right and it sounds like it didnít this time
    I know TDL have issues with bloods right now... The next cycle will be better
    U can still try naturally
    I was at the lister for many years PM if you need some help.
    MSJ: You did the right thing to wait until all is fine with immunes and Argc are the best at this
    Why donít u try one embryo with them and see what happens?
    Briss: hope you are ok and did the trigger?
    Hopefully u can use this as a learning curve and know what to do the next cycle

    Queenie: hope you are felling ok and found the NHS consultant...you are a real inspiration

    I need some help please. Had Baseline day 5 scan yesterday at Create
    Natural modified which is 150 Bemfola
    Lining is very thin
    2 follicles under 6mm
    One is irregular
    E2 - 78
    LH - 14.5
    Scan again Monday then start drugs if all
    Is ok
    LH is high really need to find a way to suppress it... as once it rises quickly I ovulate quickly 🤔 any advise?
    Controlling LH is my biggest issue now and itís come back...

    Offline queenie123

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #137 on: 12/09/20, 13:57 »
    Mouse  - You have definately done the right thing, there is nearly no chance of a nice healthy Egg in your lead follicle with an E2 of 400.  This is why you need all the information, a linning of 4 also tells you E2 is low.

    I have walked away a few times, it hurts - but it's worth it if you have limited resources.  Give yourslef a break, give your ovaries a break and start getting your head round lifestyle things you can do to help yourself next month. 
    Everyone has good and bad eggs, everyone has good and bad months. 

    Dorchester - I wouldn't worry about LH that is high at this stage in the cycle, it is quite normal,  it will go lower as your E2 increases.  The trick is to watch it naturally fall, then catch it as it starts to rise. 
    Is there any chance they can monitor you a bit more closely?  like before Monday,  things change quickly for you.

    MSJ  - Pleased you are back here - nice to hear from you,  3 embryo's in 1 go is a big deal,  the loss rate for tripplets is high,  Can you do 1 and 2?  You definately need a really good immunes team behind you. 

    AFM - have booked a private thrombophillia consult in the UK, at St Marys for 10 days time, and have an 8 wk scan booked for this week.  Worried things have stopped as I can't 'feel' much, but trying to reassure myself.

    Offline klik

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #138 on: 14/09/20, 11:02 »
    Hi! I heard some good news so I figured I'd pop in!

    Queenie: massive massive massive congratulations!!! I am so happy for you I can't even describe it! I know it's way too early to declare victory but you are so on the right path--long may it continue! My thoughts and hopes are very much with you for a very happy and healthy 9 months and beyond!!! Please don't worry about not feeling much--it's normal, I assure you! Re. thrombophilia, I see you already have a consultation booked, and I hope it's what you need... I don't know a consultant who is specialised in this exactly, but the ob who delivered DS is amazing, he's very data-driven, always on  top of the research, and he's recognised as one of the best obs in the UK. Throughout my pregnancy he was always very conscious of the risk of thrombosis, even though I have no markers that would indicate a higher risk (apart from being older and, at the time, pregnant). If you're interested, his name is Patrick O'Brien and his private practice is at the Harley Street Centre for Women. My fingers are very crossed for you!!!

    Pickle: hello and hugs!

    Dorchestor: thinking of you, keeping my fingers crossed...

    Sunshine: Happy belated birthday to your DD! Good luck on the natural attempts... We're doing the same at the moment trying for number two with a bit of progesterone support in the luteal phase, but honestly it's all academic as I'm now 46... But we've got some frosties and we will be trying them out soon...

    Briss: I'm so sorry--I had some super annoying cycles like that, which just seemed to go on forever... A trigger makes sense to me, as does oestrogen in the luteal phase to quieten the ovaries and prevent "cysts," or early follicles... Or you could try that doctor who collects follicles in the luteal phase, though I forget his name now... Either way, it's massively depressing to go from having very regular, predictable cycles, to this messy all-over-the-place stuff... I'm so sorry--I send you hugs...

    Shady: Hugs to you and to DS!

    mouse: good luck... I'm sorry about this recent cancellation--it feels terrible...

    eyes: hello...

    katkat: hugs to you and to DD!

    MSJ: I hope you get some answers from Dr Jurkovic... it sounds like you're in a tough spot, and I wish you the very best of luck with whatever you decide...

    AFM: in cloud 9, as I love DS to bits. A bit traumatised as he hurt himself a bit on Friday, and it could easily have been much worse, but the motherhood experience is amazing and one which I hope everyone gets to undergo! Also probably doing a hysteroscopy in October to check my uterus is ok before transferring some frosties for a potential number two. Trying naturally-plus-Crinone at the moment but at 46, our chances are vanishingly low.

    Hugs and best of luck to all...

    Offline queenie123

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
    « Reply #139 on: 14/09/20, 14:22 »
    Klik - So excited for you for trying for no. 2  I have everything crossed. 

    Thanks for the recomendation,  I'm nervous about the NHS,  I had an accident 5 years ago and was treated at my local hospital who made it worse not better - they are also in 'special measures'.   
    Thanks for your recomendation - if we need to go private for the whole thing we will but I pay taxes and have limited resources, so I would ideally like to be able to access the care that I believe I need on the NHS.  I really want to be under a good consultant for monitoring on the NHS, that would be either UCLH or St. Marys (I think your consultant runs UCLH maternity, so that's positive).  I was sort of hoping if I had a couple of private appointments that I could sort of transition accross once they had decided to monitor me a bit more closely.   I don't know if anyone has had any experience of doing that?  You've made me question now, as I also had a recomendation for the obstetric haematologist from UCLH.  I can always opt for more private monitoring / treatment if I don't like what the NHS is saying.