* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 13727 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #150 on: 22/09/20, 11:02 »
dorchestor: FX'ed for this little egg! You never know... Hopefully this will be entirely academic and unnecessary for you to know, but from my fuzzy memory I seem to think Clomid helps delay LH surges... Something to look into, maybe, though hopefully you won't have to!

Briss: Personally, I'm all for ignoring cysts if your oestrogen is low... You could make sure your progesterone is low too (so you're sure it's not a CL cyst), but that's probably ovekill. Good luck...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 22/09/20, 13:32 »
    Thank you Klik! You might have a point re progesterone as the sonographer thought the 12mm cyst could be a corpus luteum.  Munich suggested to start 2-3x amp. Menogon or 150-225 IE Pergoveris.  I dont know what monogon is so I will probably go with 150 or 225 pergoveris.  With such low estrogen it will probably take 15-20 days to grow a follicle.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 23/09/20, 20:15 »
    Klik - so excited for you - where are you going?

Briss - I like Pergovaris it's good if you have dysfunctional LH.  I agree with Klik about the cysts - check your progesterone, if it's low go ahead and ignore them!  -  Thanks so much for your comments on St. Marys.

Mouse - Everyone on here has had rubbish cycles, and yes sometimes it does hit you hard.  I certainly have had times where I just needed some time out - and before my cycles in June and August I had to really really get myself in the 'zone' - we were so in the zone for the June cycle that when the clinic collected a day early DH actually cried (I have never seen him do that - it's normally me).  Hope is really important, and you can't expect to be full of hope after a failed cycle,  you just need to give yourself a break sometimes - it's ok.

Dorchester - So sorry about your cycle - they can definately monitor you closer and not be afraid of the Cetrotide.  I personally wouldn't use Clomid as it doesn't drop LH, it works but blocking it - so although it dose work to stop ovulation you won't end up with a quality egg if your LH is very high.

Sunshine - if you get stuck for some progesterone you can just go the the family planning clinic and ask for the mini-pill (then only use it during luteal phase),  i know it's not quite as good as topical, but it does do something!

MSJ - any luck in your thoughts about no. of embryo's or hysteroscopy?

AFM - I had my 8 wks scan last week, - it's measuring small and has dropped another few days from my 6 week scan. But the HR was really strong 171bpm and no bleeding, a little nausia - but really not that bad.  I also had my private haematologist app yesterday at St Mary's - I was really annoyed, felt like a waste of money - the consultant didn't know anything about my mutations because they aren't ones that apparently 'they do in this country' which might be true of the NHS, but isn't true of ivf clinics - it was CRGH who advised me to have the thrombophilila tests done in the first place!  (I had a consult with them during lockdown as I was thinking about using a London clinic if I couldn't get to Athens).  The consultant basically likened staying on blood thinners to CBT (which I completely disagree with, lack of evidence is not evidence of no effect!) - he did give me another script for a month - but generally felt dissapointed in his lack of knowledge and paying for it. 

I am thinking of doing a self referral to UCLH, but I'm nervous.   Briss I agree with you about the fetal medicine centre, and if there are any proper problems I will be there like a shot - but right now, I just want more monitoring, and also Dr N is shielding, and will be for the whole of my pregnancy so it will be his underlings who would do the consult so not rushing into that. 

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 24/09/20, 20:24 »
    Thanks, Queenie.

My progestrone is low 0.4 but after 2 days of 150 pergoveris my estrogen is super low 26, it's practically zero. I have never seen my levels this low. I guess nothing is growing. I wonder if this is it. Lh is on the other hand 16 for no reason (I wonder if a shot of cetrotide is in order?). Maybe it's just too early but frankly the estrogen level really scare me.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 24/09/20, 21:16 »
    Briss -

For your LH I wouldn't worry - it is the negative feedback from the low E2, it's perfectly normal - if you take cetrotide it will drop your FSH as well as LH, so I personally wouldn't do that.

Are you on a natural modifyed cycle?

I personally wouldn't have started Pergovaris yet,  I think that (at least for me) there needs to be some E2 around for the receptors to respond to the stims. 

2 options,  a) take a bit of E2 (just for 3days), it will drop your LH and help the Pergovaris to respond or b) stop your stims until your E2 is around 100.   

What does your clinic say?  do they just want you to push through?

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 25/09/20, 12:10 »
    Briss hope your clinic can give you some advice on whether to keep going with this cycle.

Queenie sorry your appointment with St Maryís was disappointing, but good there was a strong HB at scan. Thanks for your thoughts re hope and being kind to myself. Iím a clinical psychologist and good at telling others this sort of thing but often more difficult to apply to myself.

ATM Iím just waiting for AF to arrive so I can start cycling again. Having had 3 out of 5 cycles cancelled so far I  do worry there will be more disappointment along the way but trying to remain hopeful too. Iím going to try and stop drinking alcohol and pay a bit more attention to my diet etc, if nothing else it will make me feel better in myself. 

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 25/09/20, 12:43 »
    queenie, thank you so much! How great it is to have your know knowledge here. Munich actually agrees with you that cetritide is not a good idea at the moment. They suggested to keep on going with 150 Pergoveris. They think it's just a very slow growth. I am going to mention your options ( a) take a bit of E2 (just for 3days), it will drop your LH and help the Pergovaris to respond or b) stop your stims until your E2 is around 100) to see what they think. I am feeling a little more positive today, looks like there might still be a chance of a egg.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 25/09/20, 17:24 »
    Mouse - thanx,  it's not just your mental wellbeing - there is quite a lot of evidence that when you look after yourself you have a better cycle.  And Holistically it also makes sense to me - As I was on natural cycles - I got to the stage that there wasn't much else I could do other than focus on being the healthiest I could be.  Diet and exercise definately play a role, as does perhaps a bit of a liver detox, lots of IVF drugs put a strain on how the liver breaksdown hormones, so giving it a detox helps ensure there aren't lots of hormone breakdown products affecting your system.   I can also think of the number of people on here who just focused on their own health and wellbeing and were then surprised.

Briss - I think they will probably tell you just to push through - nothing wrong with that, except it will likely take a long time with v.low E2, and my ovaries tend to have a bit of a panic and refuse to respond for ages when the E2 is that low.   Pleased your Prog is also low!

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 25/09/20, 17:30 »
    Queenie,  did you have successful cycles that started with estrogen below 40? By successful I just mean the one that produced an egg whether or not it fertilised.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 25/09/20, 18:10 »
    Yes,  I had a chemical pregnancy off one which started with an E2 in the 20's.

But I do natural supported / modifyed and I didn't start the stims with an E2 in the 20's.
    I started with it later - but then my cycles are a bit more predictable (sorry).