* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 16782 times)

0 Members

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #190 on: 19/10/20, 13:01 »
Ok, so we have cancelled this cycle as there were a 13mm and 8mm in the right ovary and a 10mm follicle and a 22mm cyst in the left. The doctor said only the 13mm was in the game and even then we may end up with zero eggs after collection.
I decided itís best to try naturally this month and try again with IvF next month with hopefully more follicles and no cyst.
Iíd rather wait and cancel cycle than potentially throw several thousand pounds in the wind. Now itís only the drugs that we spent which weíre only a few hundred as I still have some left.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 20/10/20, 13:43 »
    Hi all,
    Lovely to hear from some of you who have had success in the past. Keeps me hoping that it can happen! Helenbeau thanks for sharing your DE story. I have had in the back of my mind that one day I may end up doing DE so itís good to hear peopleís experiences that have done it.

Pritamin sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. I know how frustrating and difficult these can be (Iíve had 3 out of 6 cancelled). I feel your desire to give your little one a sibling and to have another baby. It can be all consuming. Where are you cycling? UK? Abroad?

ATM I am 3dp5dt and just feeling the time drag. My last morula did make a 4bb blast on day 6 and was frozen so feel relieved that I wonít have to go straight into another stim cycle again. But also wondering how to get the strength and cash to keep going if I need to. But guess I will have to wait and see how things go with this one.

Hello to everyone else.

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #192 on: 21/10/20, 13:22 »
    Thanks mouse80. Weíre ok with this decision as ideally Iíd like to have 3ish eggs collected.
    Cycling in the Uk, we stayed with our NHS clinic that gave us our daughter but we are now self funding.
    When is your otd?
    Good news about the frostie!!!

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 21/10/20, 16:39 »
    OTD is Monday, feels like a long way off. Have no symptoms at all!

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 22/10/20, 22:15 »
    Iím sure youíve heard it before but no symptoms donít mean anything. I had zero, nil, nada symptoms with my daughter. I had much more symptoms prior to any AF (and I donít really get many period symptoms).
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #195 on: 23/10/20, 23:34 »
    Hi All,

Sorry I didn't give you an update earlier - I actually wrote a long update then got annoyed as my computer died and I lost it all.

Mouse - I have everything crossed for you, on the cycles which have been positive I have felt the least.  The ones which were negative I had cramps where my uterus was getting rid of the embryo.  - so for me at least no symptoms, or nearly none is the best chance.

Pritamin - Sorry you had to cancel, but sounds like a sensible descision.  Have you thought about doing a manged cycle with timmed intercourse - I think there is something in triggering to know you are getting both the right time, and also likely maturity.

AFM - My 12 wk scan was last week, I do have to say that I love UCLH.  I was so impressed with everything they checked - thankyou Klik and Briss for the recomendation - so far I do not regrett it taking an extra 15mins to get there.  Our risk of chromosomal abnormalities was <1:20000,   The little thing wasn't playing ball with the scan and wouldn't sit still and it took them 2.5hrs to get the right view. She kept sending me out to walk about/eat/drink till it moved and she could check the heart properly.  I can't tell you how instant her checking so many things made me relax and start believing this was going to happen for us.  It was like a Pinochio moment, you know when he wakes up and says "i'm a real boy".

I have an appointment with an endocrinologist and haematologist and obsteatrician linned up - but basically as long as they are happy for me to continue my meds and monitor the risks I am happy and that is a big relief.  Some of my friends with natural pregnancies just don't understand the constant struggle to make sure I have enough clexane/thyroxine etc. etc. etc.  I find it amazing that most women don't need any medication throughout - But I know in reality as long as I have these medications the risks of a bad outcome are so much lower, so it gives me peace of mind.   Still have a journey to go and we aren't taking anything forgranted, but it's so nice not to feel like I have to monitor everything just to check they are doing their job (which I know I would be doing at our local nhs trust).

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #196 on: 24/10/20, 13:17 »
    Queenie this is great news. So pleased all is going ok. It must have been a relief to see the scan and all being well.

Thanks Queenie and Pritamin for your thoughts re symptoms. I did an early test on FRER today and BFN. Test day isnít till Monday but feel as though I am most likely out this month. But have a plan to get straight into the next FET in nov and then can squeeze one more fresh in Dec before the hols (if needed). I think after that (and if we get a blast in the fresh) I might ask about other investigations about implantation failure as that would be 4x top quality blasts with no luck. It might be just a case of keep going till we get the right egg but I think I need to know for my own peace of mind thatís itís not an issue with implantation/uterus. I got pregnant so easily twice before and I canít help thinking something has changed since the birth of my daughter. When I started trying again I was only 38 and just canít believe I havenít produced a single good egg in that time. But will see what the consultant says. Will test again Monday.

Hope everyone else is ok?
    X

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #197 on: 24/10/20, 16:51 »
    Did you do a urine test or blood?

My urine test wasn't properly positve till 21days post-ov.

Do a blood test to be sure before you stop any meds - I use medichecks, I think they are the cheapest for plain hcg.

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 26/10/20, 15:35 »
    Hi all

Mouse: are you ok?
    Hope you managed to organise a blood test today
    Fingers crossed
    Itís amazing news that you can get to blast

Pritamin : you are correct to cancel this month
    Next month hope all is ready

Queenie great to hear you have past this stage
    Fingers crossed all be ok soon

AFM
    Was supposed to start a cycle this month

Todayís bloods

Cycle day 2 TDL

FSH 18
    LH 7
    Prog 0.6
    EST 78
    Prolactin 158

3 afcs and lining thin

Last month Path labs Day 2

FSH 8.8
    LH 5
    Est 78

Maybe path labs is wrong ?
    Should I do a natural modified cycle ?
    Or wait a month with DHEA and acupuncture to help hormones improve

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #199 on: 26/10/20, 17:57 »
    Hi all,

Dorchester nice to hear from you. Sorry I canít help with the results. I suspect the others have more knowledge they can share/advise.

Hope everyone is else ok? Pritamin are you preparing for the next cycle?

Today was my OTD and I just couldnít face seeing a stark white test again so I stuck my head in the sand and didnít test! Went to the science museum and distracted myself for the day. Iíve been having period type cramps today so I expect it should arrive tomorrow or wed (I normally have a 15 day luteul  phase). So Iím just waiting for that and will continue progesterone until then. Iím sure there is a part of me thatís also avoiding the reality of a blank pregnancy test and instead choosing to live in the uncertainty a bit longer where there lingers a bit of hope.  Although my test of Friday was stark which and although I know it could change I suspect this cycle hasnít worked.