* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 24824 times)

0 Members

Offline mouse80

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #220 on: 30/12/20, 12:57 »
Kilk and Briss lovely to hear from you both.

Hope you had a good Xmas, or at least as good as it could be in these circumstances. 2020 has been such a terrible year covid and 7 round of ivf.

Briss I hope that the news of a vaccine should mean that things start moving in terms of travel very soon. Oh and you are so right women are amazing! It sounds like your partner is on board with no beer etc. Hope the treatment with Penny proves helpful.

I had the Pfizer vaccine yesterday,  despite the advise not to if you are planning on pregnancy. I am about to start trekking up and down to london on the train again and I think there is such a high risk of catching covid I would rather have the vaccine.

ATM after a clear hysteroscopy Iím waiting to start for the fet at the end of jan.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cramer

modify
    « Reply #221 on: 11/01/21, 23:51 »
    Happy NY all, itís been awhile since Iíve logged on and to say itís been a crazy year is an understatement

So thrilled to see so many positive outcomes!! It really makes me so happy to see the determination on this crazy journey

Massive congrats katkat, shady,klik, rocket, sunshine & Helen on your bubs (Iím sure Iíve missed a few).  Itís amazing to hear these lovely results 

Queenie Iím just estatic to hear your news!!! Omg.  I had my daughter at UCLH, the care during the pregnancy was great, the birth not so much but I think we were the odd ones as thereís many great stories.  Eeek youíve made the first exciting news Iíve heard in 2021

Briss hang in there. Sounds like youíve been through a tough year

My daughter just turned 2 and a ball of energy.  After the birth of my daughter my periods werenít great, mix of very short and and occasionally long cycles.  After a good few months the short cycles started lengthening out significantly and as I suspected I thought menopause had finally started taking its course.  I went to Australia had a great time celebrating our daughters 1st birthday with friends and family to return to an upcoming menopause clinic appointment where I knew HRT would be a must.  I did a pregnancy test as I knew theyíd ask me at the app (ironic really considering itís a peri/menopause clinic). But low and behold it turned out I was 11 weeks pregnant! I had put it so far in the back of my mind and stepped away from ever thinking about a second baby as I already had my miracle baby. Especially considering sooo many failed iui/ivf attempts and never getting to egg collection stage! Here I am with 2 under 2.  The menopause clinic have no idea what to do with my as my blood test results indicate otherwise though havenít done a fsh in awhile.  They actually said Iíd need to consider contraception as they have no idea whatís happening- absolute laugh

If anything, I hope it provides hope for some.  Wishing you positive vibes

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #222 on: 14/01/21, 11:19 »
    just a quick reminder ladies of the importance of keeping up your omega-3 intake (i am sure you all do that), see very interesting study that provides evidence that dietary omega-3
    fatty acids not only prolong the reproductive lifespan but also result in a remarkable
    improvement in egg quality in a murine model.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5624332/pdf/nihms907329.pdf

"... However, even in light of the recent increasing consumption of fish oil supplements in
    Western societies, the lifelong consumption of a diet containing a very high omega-3 to
    omega-6 fatty acid ratio is not a feasible strategy for prolonging the natural reproductive
    lifespan. A more clinically relevant strategy would include dietary changes that women who
    desire to delay childbearing could initiate at the time of, or immediately prior to, the
    presumed time of the natural decline in reproductive fertility. Our data in a murine model
    suggest that the institution of a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids around the time of the
    expected rapid decline in natural fertility results in a remarkable improvement in oocyte
    quality as measured by mitochondrial dynamics and the structure of the spindle apparatus.
    These findings are particularly important as egg quality is recognized as the single most
    important factor for determining the success of pregnancy for women of advanced
    reproductive age "

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #223 on: 14/01/21, 17:28 »
    Wow Cramer!!! So incredible to hear this, 2 lucky miracles. I think it goes to show that low AMH/DOR doesn't stop you conceiving naturally, it just takes us statistically a longer time. Thank you for this story of hope, I would love a second miracle but already feel so very very lucky and happy, if we stay as a family of 3 that is also so much more than I had ever dreamt of. Sending your family lots of love and hope you are all staying well xxx

I hope everyone else is coping well with lockdown and this never ending gloom. And masses of good luck with anyone cycling at the moment. Queenie, how are things going? x

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #224 on: 14/01/21, 19:00 »
    Incredible news, Cramer! What are the chances... Unbelievable when you think about it and am so happy for you. How far along are you now? I'm still stunned by the natural pregnancies on here.

I'm 99% sure we got pregnant with our last ever and fabulously beautiful blastocyst frostie, however we cannot be sure. You never know if perhaps the blast didn't take and it was a natural conception ;)  we're also done with IVF and will stay a family of three which is so sad for our daughter but we're just so over the moon about her and we don't want to tempt fate considering our ages, my very painful C-section scar area :-\ etc. So whilst chances are miniscule for us we have to consider contraception (not really sure what to do about it for the rest of our lives). It's ridiculous really after 8 years of trying with no luck but we don't want to 'risk' it.

Cramer, please do keep us updated.

Lots of love to all the other fantastic women on here!

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #225 on: 14/01/21, 20:25 »
    Congratulations Cramer, I absolutely love your story, it gives everyone hope that miracles do happen and often when you least expect them.

I would love another, Iím so grateful to have my daughter but with the happiness she brings us it makes me want to do it all again. We are not trying, not preventing at the moment, whilst I do know its very very unlikely to happen naturally for us after never having a natural BFP in all these years. We still have our 2 frosties but Iím not ready to go through all the internal scans etc yet as still dealing with birth injuries and mentally I just donít think I can face it yet.

Wishing everyone else so much luck, Queenie hope all is well with you xx

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #226 on: 15/01/21, 21:18 »
    Cramer - Wow that is fantastic news, so so pleased for you. 
    I can hardly believe it, I wish we had been so lucky!
    We have male factor as well so I think for us the chances of natural would have been such a longshot.

Sunshine - how old is your little one now?  I never thought about the internal scans and a sibling, but now you've got me worried.

Shady - Well put! 3 is such a blessing.

Katkat - It's amazing just how many other things there are in life other than IVF isn't it? 

Briss - I read that paper a while ago, I totally agree high quality fish oils are essential for egg health, and baby brains.

Mouse - How are you doing? Are you still able to transfer or have they cancelled it?  I must say I honetsly believe that not being able to do IVF for months helped get my ovaries in peak condition ready for it.

Klik - Any news? Are you cycling again?

AFM - We have reached viability! 25 weeks and counting, I honestly can't believe it. 
    Although just heard a storey of a friends sister who's whole labour lasted only 50mins, and that is basically how long it takes me to get to the hospital, so now worrying the hospital is too far away.
    Low lying placentae and the thrombophillia means I'm still on the high risk track, and had a bit of a strop about it 5 weeks ago, but I guess not everyone can be within the 'normal' range, as long as he come out alive all is fine.  Next scan in 3.5 wks time.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #227 on: 16/01/21, 08:18 »
    Thats great news Queenie, I hope you are managing to relax a little and enjoy it. Sorry, I didnít mean to worry you and you likely wonít have the same issues about internal scans etc for a second. My daughter is 16 months now but I had a 3rd degree tear and think I have a bit of ptsd. Was such a scary pregnancy with all the bleeding that I never believed we would actually get to bring her home so I went into the birth unprepared and with the whole mindset that I donít care what happens to me, how awful it is etc aslong as I get my baby safely. Have a look at perineal massage and make sure youíre doing your pelvic floors.
    I hope I havenít worried you further x

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #228 on: 16/01/21, 21:21 »
    @queenie ecstatic to read about your 20wk scan and now viability! So so happy for you!!!!! May your luck hold out! Please don't worry about siblings now--enjoy where you are now and when your baby comes, just enjoy him (and try to get some rest!)

@Cramer amazing news! Wow wow wow, congratulations! I always thought of you as (though much younger than me) sort of my trailblazer--you were on the luteal support hormones the first time you got pregnant, and an almost identical thing happened to me! Super happy for you!

@Sunshine so sad to hear about the possible ptsd... I very much hope you are able to really enjoy your daughter. I'm finding early toddlerhood a challenging but super enjoyable phase!

@katkat part of me is kind of wishing we stay as a 3-person family! It's amazing to be able to give my little one so much attention...

@Shady good luck if you do decide to try! But I think the most important thing is just this unbelievable feeling of finally having that child and not being able to believe one's luck!

@Briss sounds so tough... I wonder if something HRT-like would be in order to give your ovaries the signals to start working more normally again?

@mouse pleased for your clear hysteroscopy and for your covid vaccine! May this be the start of great things for you!

afm: sorry for the radio silence, but to summarise I'd been holding onto 10 eggs that I froze 7-8 years ago as my last, best chance at a baby. Ha! Out of the first 5, all we got was an 8-cell embryo by day 5, so basically nothing. Out of the last 5, one arrested at the cleavage stage and one has made it to early blastocyst on day 5--if it makes it to blast by tomorrow it will be frozen and we'll do a FET maybe next cycle. It's bizarre, as a much older me was able to make beautiful embryos (though nothing came of them) and then, of course, one embryo whose day-3 or day-5 quality nobody knows, but whose 18-months-of-age quality is beyond excellent! Well, que sera sera--our little one gives me more than enough joy already! But thank goodness we didn't try to fertilise those eggs before he was born, only to be horrendously disappointed that our most preciously held chance was actually (potentially) a dud.

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #229 on: 17/01/21, 10:36 »
    Oh Klik - I have everything crossed for your pre-blast,  it will get there!   ^pray^ ^pray^  d6 blast is still excelent! 
    I was so jealous of your 10 eggs frozen at a not too advanced age, but I guess you never know.  I have faith in this one for you.

Sunshine - thanks, that makes sense, it has been quite a psycologically draining journey.  It think my problems are completely the opposite to yours no bleeding, but prone to clots, which stop baby growing properly and risk early delivery.  I trust UCLH to monitor and pick it up if/when it happens, and i suppose it's different scary from bleeding, which must be so acute and traumatic.  I don't blame you at all for being nervous about getting your live one.   I have a good friend who ended up with a 3rd degree tear due to a very traumatic birth experience (with no ivf), it's suppose to be v rare, but possibly not as rare as you might think.  I don't want a ceasarian really, but I do think if we get closer to the time and it looks quite risky it is the safest approach.  But  I know quite a few people who have pain after that as well!

I know this is a completely crazy thing to say right now, but I always though maybe we might have a meet-up with bumps and little people for those who wanted to.  People who haven't had such a long journey can't really relate and you guys just get it so deeply.   I think I'm just feeling that I'm getting to the stage where I want to be planning baby showers etc. and can't properly celebrate.