* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 24795 times)

0 Members

Offline mouse80

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #250 on: 31/01/21, 17:00 »
Hi all,

Itís been really helpful reading this thread as we have recently had the DE talk and wondered whether it is nearly time to consider a plan B. We are with Lister and are happy there but this is my 8th round and we just donít get many eggs and feel like ivf has already robbed so much time from focussing on my DD. We are doing this fet with our one and only frozen blast and then will do one more fresh before considering what next. I like the idea of doing 3 banking cycles before finally calling it a day on OE. So really helpful to hear about someone elseís experience of it.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #251 on: 31/01/21, 19:30 »
    What protocol were you on Queenie and what dose of drugs did you use?

Hey - Do not dispear.

At 32, my d3 FSH was 26, AMH 2 and I was told to go straight for donnor.   I got it down to around 12 with lifestyle changes, exercise and suppliments. 

I had months (particulallry when I had taken some Oestrogen or other mild down-reg) where my ovaries looked like they had nothing on them until day 5-7.  And I never recently made more than 1-2 eggs at a time, we went for quality over quantity.   IVF Serum (Athens) got me my OE bfp, but it took so much work. 

It sounds like you need to try a diffferent and probably more natural approach.  Good luck!

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #252 on: 31/01/21, 19:32 »
    Mouse80 - I think I remember you from previous threads.
    Sounds like you have done a bit of thinking in advance which seems wise, you already a kind of a plan laid out which takes away so much stress.
    When are you doing your FET? I wish you all the luck in the world xx

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #253 on: 31/01/21, 22:41 »
    Thanks. Iím hoping to do the embryo transfer in 10 days or so but it depends on how my scan goes this week as previously had the cycle cancelled as my lining was too thin. Hoping itís ok this time!

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #254 on: 1/02/21, 12:56 »
    I had a call with the clinic, my FSH is 10.5 (?!?!?) so we carry on with this cycle and Iíll have a scan tomorrow.
    I donít think itís been this low since 2014 so I really donít understand whatís going on. Last it was checked in August when it was 13.6.
    So thatís good news but I honestly have no idea whatís going on with my body.

It might be that the 2mg / day oestrogen that I had to take for 7 days have this false reading so it wonít actually make much difference in terms of my bodyís response to the stimulation drugs.

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #255 on: 1/02/21, 13:23 »
    Hey mouse, I have also followed some of your difficult journey. I really admire your persistence and how much you saw through in the last year. I couldn't agree with you more and I think it's great that you and your partner are open to discussing Plan B. You have had a few blastocysts so I definitely agree the chance of success is there but I totally empathise with you on how difficult they were to get for you. I think your plan sounds very solid and you definitely are giving it your very best shot, you will always know you did. IVF does rob you in so many different ways, it does - so I think it's very sensible to give it your all, like you have, but also have Plan B in place if it doesn't work. It's not 'throwing in the towel', it's more about balancing everything carefully and weighing up the benefits and costs of the different paths that can be taken.
    I suppose, I realised early on that, for me, doing many rounds of IVF over years and years were not worth it just to have a child with a genetic connection over a DE child, life otherwise is too good and too precious. That point though is different for everyone, I think it's great to spend some time reflecting and discussing with your partner where that point lies for you and your family.
    I'm so sure it will work out in the end for you though and you will be happy and at peace when you get there knowing you did your best.

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #256 on: 1/02/21, 13:38 »
    I had a call with the clinic, my FSH is 10.5 (?!?!?) so we carry on with this cycle and Iíll have a scan tomorrow.
    I donít think itís been this low since 2014 so I really donít understand whatís going on. Last it was checked in August when it was 13.6.
    So thatís good news but I honestly have no idea whatís going on with my body.

It might be that the 2mg / day oestrogen that I had to take for 7 days have this false reading so it wonít actually make much difference in terms of my bodyís response to the stimulation drugs.

Hey Pritamin, I know from one of my own cancelled cycles where I had an oestrogen-producing cyst/follicle at the beginning that oestrogen does artificially lower your FSH (honestly, not sure if oestrogen tablets work the same way). BUT, the consultant at Lister also said that FSH does not predict your chance of success with any one cycle. It gives more of a broad overview of how your ovarian reserve is in general. I know from myself, that my D3 FSH definitely did not predict the quality and number of blasts I ended up with in my 4 cycles. My highest FSH was the last cycle where I ended up with the best quality blastocysts. I also definitely had follicles that appeared and grew well and ended up producing an egg under stimulation where initially there was nothing to be seen on the D3 ultrasound.

Wishing you so much luck and fantastic you don't have to postpone the cycle!

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #257 on: 2/02/21, 15:53 »
    Ok, so I only have one growing so decided to wait until next month to see if that's any better. I'll take norethisterone from day 18 to ensure i won't have a cyst.
    I'll spend the next month to gain as much information as possible about DE and potential clinics in Europe so if any of you lovely ladies can recommend a clinic, a thread on here, a social media group or anything I can add to my research that would be much appreciated.

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #258 on: 3/02/21, 12:16 »
    Saltysea thanks for your post. The DE discussion is always on the table for me and my partner but he is less keen than me. Iíve have thought about it a lot and not just for us but for our biological daughter too. Iím a clinical psychologist so overthinking things is in my nature! For me i feel like I have a few more goes with OE but keen to move onto DE as now itís really about expending our family rather than pushing on at any cost for a biological child.

Pritamin sorry to hear this cycle hasnít gone as hoped. Sounds like you are also considering a plan b. Hope you are doing ok.

Hello to everyone else

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #259 on: 3/02/21, 19:43 »

Pritamin - Penny uses a very very natural approach, just aming for 1 or 2 good eggs,  which for me was perfect.   She would wash out your system for a couple of months with no meds, then only start a small amount of drugs from around day 9, just to support maturation of the follicle, and deal with the fact that you may need something to decrease LH, and stop an early surge, then trigger.  So I think I started 125iu of Menopur and Cetrotide on d10/11 for 3 days then trigger.   It isn't for everyone, honestly it's more hands off than works for some people.

If you are capable of making multiple embryo's per cycle, and a couple of Blasts - then definately spend a bit more per cycle and go for somewhere like the Lister.  I was not capable of doing that. My ovaries had advanced too far even in my early 30's to do that.

I agree with many people - 5% per cycle is about right, but I don't think it's actually much better with a more intensive clinic, than somewhere like Serum.  They pioneered Donnor IVF and were the first clinic in the world to do it.  They have OE sucess with people as old as 52, and will never give up on you.  She does OE with people in their 40's all time time, it's her bread and butter.  It just depends what you want.

For me, I was very stuborn and would not have considered DE, even after 6 years.  But not everyone feels that way.   

It was about cost effectiveness for us,  we knew we needed to make the money we have strecth as far as we could, and sometimes that just means more less intense cycles.   It is a numbers game, not always number of eggs, but number of cycles.   If you can deal with it psycologically.  It's not just the cost of the cycle, it's the cost of the meds scans, bloods.  Penny really isn't in it for profit, her packages are fixed, which means if you need ICSI she doesn't charge extra, she inlcudes whatever you need (exc. meds or surgery) in the package.  Its Ä4,000 for 2 cycles, plus travel. 

It sounds like if your FSH is 10 with a little bit of E2 you are good for this cycle,  yes it does mask it, but sometimes that is a good thing, it gives you a bit of a bounce back afterwards,  I would use a bit of stims though to catch those eggs, and try and get them growing at the same size.

Mouse - If your linning isn't perfect personally I would wait until it is,  there will be better months,  I found beetroot smoothies and pomegranate juice helped with thickening linning - I managed to get to 12mm the month this one was transferred, and I had an undiagnosed clotting issue. 

I can totally see your worries,  I don't think I could cope with the amount of IVF we had with a baby, it's exhausting in so many ways.

AFM - I had 28wk scan on Monday and started our NCT course, getting worryingly real now!  I've been thinking this won't happen for so long I can't get my head around that now I have to prepare to receive a real live baby!

hugs everyone.