* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 28553 times)

0 Members

Offline Seafoam

• Jr. Member-10015
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #270 on: 24/02/21, 22:23 »
Hi kydd081

Just jumping on here to say I would highly recommend CRGH and our consultant (Paul Serhal).  I had a low afc (6) and underwent 3 low stimulation batching cycles with PGS testing last year.  Our consultant recommended calcium ionophore among a number of other things we hadnít tried before (human growth hormone, DHEA). Each cycle half the embryos collected were injected using PIMSI and the other half were ICSI.  We got 4 PGS normal blastocysts (2 ICSI and 2 PIMSI) from the 3 cycles; they thought weíd be lucky to get 1-2 normal blasts based on our history.  We are thrilled with this result and are hoping to do an FET next month.  My husband previously saw Mr. Jonathan Ramsey (Urologist) who I would also recommend along with Melanie Brown (Fertility Nutritionist).  Mel put us both on a number of supplements which I think really helped as well.

Best of luck to you and to everyone else reading this X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online queenie123

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #271 on: 25/02/21, 13:43 »
    Mouse - YEAH - big congratulations!  fantastic news.

I would check both Progesterone and HCG,  and check HCG is doubling (it can be topped up if needed).  But a proper positive test at d12 post ov is fantastic news. 

I used a variety of private blood clinics, you can do it without going into london if that was a worry - medichecks do it through the post (but it takes a couple of days).   It's worth doing because your progesterone can be topped up if needed (mine needed to be a bit).

Offline kydd081

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #272 on: 26/02/21, 10:10 »
    Thanks at queenie123, yes the emotional and financial strain is a lot! I'm not sure how many more rounds we can realistically afford to do. Although if I don't give it at least one more try with OE, I think I'll always wonder what if?

I feel embarrassed that the only marker I have for my own fertility is AFC, which is 3. I've only been with Create and they don't measure FSH or AMH - well if they do they've never discussed it with me. Back in 2017 when I had my initial NHS investigations it was something like 5.5 and my AFC was 16. So I can only imagine now with an AFC of 3, AMH is probably non existent. My cycles are 24-27 days.

My husband semen analysis from our last cycle was: density 5.00 million/ml, progressive motility 23.0% and normal morphology 1.00%. He actually gave two samples on the day and the second was better than the first.

We're really hoping the antibiotics he's been on and the supplements we're taking will help improve things. Although we both had covid at the beginning of this month and apparently that can effect male fertility so will have to wait until his next analysis in April to see.

Seafoam - thank you for all your advice. That's amazing that you managed to get 4 blastocycts! It gives me hope. I'm keeping everything crossed for your FET next month.

I'm going to contact CRGH to arrange a consultation and will see if we can see Paul Serhal - just waiting for all my notes from Create to come through. I've wanted to take DHEA as I'm sure my levels are low - I have an underactive thyroid which correlates with low DHEA - Create told me not to take it, so will be good to see what CRGH say.

I've seen Melanie Brown's name pop up before, I've just sent her a message to arrange an appointment, anything we can do to improve our chances is definitely worth it!

Thanks again.x

Online queenie123

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #273 on: 26/02/21, 11:11 »
    kydd081 - 

I've posted before about different clinic approaches,  my AFC is often 1 or 2 (sometimes 3 or 4) on day 3.  I have not been capable of responding well for quite a few years.  I genuinly think with a very low AMH and AFC the most cost effective approach is as close to natural as you can get.  If you have an AFC of 5/6/7/8 then a mild approach will give you the best shot. 

We chose not to go with CRGH even though we had consults with them and were impressed becuase we would only be able to afford 1 cycle where we could afford 3 elsewhere.  We used Serum in Athens mainly. 

Covid can affect male fertility in the same way any nasty virus can,  it should be tempory 3months of so and the effects should be gone, although you can use the time to put him on a sperm imporvement protocol,  Proxceed, plus a long course of antibiotics, plus Vit C 1000mg and Vit E 400mg plus some ubiquinol are a start for him. 

DHEA didn't work for me,  it appears to work well for some women and not for others, and it actually made things worse for me (rather than better).  I have a couple of theories about why to do with Oetrogen metabolism and breakdown (Oestrogen Dominance), but there isn't much evidence to know who it might benefit and who it might hinder a bit better.   It took a very long time to clear it from my system as well (over 6 months) and I needed a lot of detoxing.   It would be interesting to know what they feel but definately ask them about the down sides as well as the positivies and if there is a way or test to be able to tell which group you are more likley to fit into. 

Offline mouse80

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #274 on: 26/02/21, 20:57 »
    Sadly my joy at my positive test was short lived. Itís definitely a chemical. The line has gone on a frer test after being quite strong. Feeling sad but hopeful this means that perhaps the aspirin and hysteroscopy has helped with any implantation issues and maybe we will get lucky on our next cycle.

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #275 on: 2/03/21, 11:10 »
    Sending you big hugs Mouse xxxx :( Chemical is awful but like you said it's also a shimmer of hope so try hold onto that.
    Did you test every day and saw the line getting fainter?

Do you have any frosties left?

hugs, hugs, hugs xxx

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #276 on: 2/03/21, 23:48 »
    Hello

I am new to this thread and wanted to see if anyone could advise me if I should be considering mild ivf? My amh is 8.4 and AFC right ovary 7 and left ovary 4-5 but i do have an endo cyst which im scared could be burst at collection, so i am going to ignore that side for now and base things on 7 AFC.

My last cycle way back in.2016 was long protocol my amh was 26.8 and gave me 2.children. i want to try for the 3rd but now i am 39 and with am endo cyst.

My clinic has recommended short protocol this.time and see how we.go but given my age should I go straight to mild ivf. I have only.1 cycle to compare to and it will.be hard now.to match that I think.

Offline mouse80

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #277 on: 3/03/21, 09:58 »
    Hi Leanaj

I think thatís not too bad for AF count and AMH. Mine is half that and a mild short protocol works well for me.

Pritamin thanks, felt very cruel. Yes had blazing positives then fading line and confirmed with bloods. Back to the lister today for baseline scan to start the next fresh as no frosties left. Back to the worrying about if any follicles will grow and if we will get any embryos!

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #278 on: 3/03/21, 10:42 »
    Oh Mouse, I wish i could hug you now :( xxx
    Let me know how your baseline went today.

I had a baseline on Friday with 2-3 follicles in the left ovary and 1 maybe 2 in the right and started with 300 menopur. I had a follow up scan yesterday and sadly there are only two growing in the left ovary. Nothing in the right. I'm beating myself up for thinking that I could actually end up with 4-5 to collect, should have known better. I know we only need one but I just can't make myself believe that the golden egg is among these two :(
    Then I dread to think about the next steps if there will be any if this cycle is unsuccessful. My husband is not keen pursuing OE and throwing money out of the window and we did briefly discuss DE but not sure he will be that keen if it really came down to it....

Re mild protocol - i asked my consultant about it and she said when there's only 1-3 follicles mild protocol doesn't really make that much difference. Go figure! they all say different things which drives me mad.

Leenaj - that AF count and AMH sound good to me. What dose did your clinic suggest and what dose were you thinking? I only had one mild IVF with ARGC back in 2016 which ended in BFN so I don't really know enough about it, all i know that it didn't work for us and we spent about £15k with them on it :(

xxx

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #279 on: 3/03/21, 11:49 »
    Hi all

Thanks for shedding some light. They are thinking around 300 gonal f.  Mybclinic were just so negative or perhaps thats my perception that they aren't doing cart wheels but they have to be realistic.