* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 3530 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunshine122

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #40 on: 11/03/20, 11:23 »
Mac, sounds like a fantastic result, wishing you so much luck. What progesterone are you taking? Tbh I think theres not much you can do to change the outcome, a few things I did was to try to stay relaxed as much as possible (which it sounds like you are), short frequent walks, warming food like soups. Also to distract my mind I did jigsaw puzzles while listening to audiobooks, it was the only way I could stay off google. Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 11/03/20, 17:50 »
    Thank you, ladies. I am over the moon and still can't believe I am a pupo. How is everyone doing?

Sunshine; I am taking 3x2mg of progynova a day & 2x 400mg cyclogest, but the one I bought in the UK run out yesterday so and I had to get one here, Utrogestan, and I hated it as I really felt the side effects soon after taking it. I felt really tired, dizzy and sleepy and after going to the food marked I got home and slept the entire afternoon. Staying away from google is hard indeed, but I am trying to keep my mind busy by reading articles and news related to my industry.
    Hugs to you all.
    x

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 18/03/20, 00:17 »
    Hi All I hope everyone is doing well during this crazy time!

Mac - thank you for your advice about waiting for a while after my holiday. Also regarding the issues you've been having with DH, I don't think it's uncommon in this journey. As Saltysea and Katkat put it beautifully, men are just wired differently. I've also been having a bumpy ride with my DH, partly I think I was over stressed when I actually started thinking about all the fertility stuff and partly over thinking things and as I am currently not working, my mind is working over time and becoming negative. What sparked it off was he made a dinner that was so HOT that my stomach was hurting all evening and I got really upset about it as I've told him numerous times before not to make the food too spicy but he's done it a few times. He obviously didn't do it on purpose, he had forgotten what I had said and didn't realise it was going to be so spicy, but the pent up frustration that had built up led it to be a full blown argument and brought up other things. I started saying we don't BD often enough around the time I'm ovulating. He said he doesn't want it to be completely stressful either. And like many of us, I do all the organising and research and he just turns up when I tell him what to do. I felt like he doesn't listen to me when I tell him about my findings but when a professional tells him, he's very attentive and alert, like its a light bulb moment! I don't even think its about the money that he is like that as its actually me that pays for the IVF as I earnt more and have more savings. I even started feeling resentful about this, thinking why couldn't he be better off financially so I don't have to worry about the finances, but that's stupid as that isn't our relationship and I had always insisted in the past that I would pay for the IVF with my savings. Then I realised he does also do some research but doesn't get obsessed with it like I do (which probably isn't very healthy) and when he does do some reading he gets anxious as well, that's probably not helpful if we're both anxious. I also realised that I was passing on my stress and anxiety onto him, sometimes I wish he would be more involved which I would find more supportive, but actually there's probably nothing right he could do as this isn't an easy situation and there's nothing he could do that'll make things better. He was really upset and said the last thing we want to do is start blaming each other for why we're not getting pregnant as we don't know the exact reason, and I realised that he is right and I felt really bad. And he does always come to appointments with me even if I tell him he doesn't have to as he doesn't want me to feel that I'm doing this by myself. Never the less I think it is good to air things out and tell each other how you feel and not bottle things up. We are back in a good place now. I'm glad that you and DH are also.

Also congrats on being PUPO, the number of good quality embryos you got sounds great! I think the others have already given you some good advice, the best thing is to try and stay relaxed if its possible, my acupuncturist would say keep belly, back and feet warm, you can warm your belly by placing you hand on it not a hot water bottle directly on it. And gentle walks are good for blood flow I think. I hope its a good result for you.

KatKat - thank you for all the information regarding the NHS, I hope you are taking extra precautions to keep away from this virus

Broodysingle - Did you start your cycle in the end?

Babyhopeful - I'm glad you had a positive consultation, it sounds like a good clinic to suggest the changes they've suggested for your protocol and also to try IUI before going to DE. How are you getting on?

AFM - I had to wait for until after my holiday to do FET, partly because I left it too late and I would have needed a medicated FET, ARGC also monitor you the month before and would like to do immunes i.e. test cytokine levels and get it controlled before starting cycle. I do have an appointment with Dr Gorgy to discuss the immunes treatment, I'm likely to need to LIT which ARGC don't do, however have been feeling nervous about suppressing my immune system with the whole coronavirus thing and Dr Gorgy's office also advises to postpone immune treatment if possible while this is going on. The other thing that has been bugging me since my excision surgery for Endo in April 19 is that I do still get pelvic pain, particularly on my sides. I'm worried its something on my ovaries or fallopian tubes, either they have left some endo behind or that it is something else like an infection, like undiagnosed pelvic inflammatory disease. I did ask my GP about this but she thinks unless I've been unfaithful I'm likely to be under low risk category. Never the less it still makes me feel uneasy and would rather have peace of mind. I did test positive for the Hidden C chlamydia test, does that make you more susceptible to PID, does anyone know? Anyone know how to get tested/diagnosed? The pelvic pain on my sides started after my first miscarriage which was particularly difficult as the whole pregnancy sac came out intact. The DR at A&E was trying to use forceps to get it out!
    I'm also concerned I may have hydrosalpinx as they didn't do the dye test during my operation which is disappointing. I'm considering going to see Dr Davor Jurkovic for a scan and hycosy, but it's so expensive, especially as I'm currently not working, anyone manage to see him via NHS?

We'll have to cancel our holiday given the current announcement about no travel and restrictions, so I guess for the time being, all I can do is try and get a few things investigated and postpone cycling and immunes treatment. These are my last embryos before considering DE so I think that is why I'm more anxious and would like to rule out all other issues.
    I do need to look for a job too, not that it's urgent, but I can't seem to get myself to do this at the moment as I'm worried about how I will deal with all the fertility stuff and work at the same time. I'm sure I'll get there somehow though..

I hope everyone is keeping well and safe during these uncertain times xx

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 10/04/20, 21:52 »
    Hey ladies, how is everyone given the current situation? Is anyone trying naturally this month at all?

37 weeks almost and getting fairly close now and whilst have been so calm these last few weeks my nervousness is setting back in again. Sunshine, am not a big fan of that perineal massage ;) there is just no easy way of doing it, but trying my best. My arms seem to be too short   ;D

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 22/04/20, 23:22 »
    Katkat, just popped on to wish you so much luck for the safe arrival of your little one, will be thinking of you.

Hope everyone else is keeping safe and well xx

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 7/05/20, 10:22 »
    Hello lovely ladies, please hang in there, this current situation will not last forever then everyone can go about their business again. I can imagine how extremely frustrating it would be if you waited for EC or transfer right now! Lots of good vibes and energy for now  :-*

Our daughter Emilia was born on 02nd May after balloon catheter ripening, breaking the waters, drip induction and a hard 12.5 hours of labour followed by an emergency c section!  ;D she clearly wanted to stay inside longer but I must say we are totally in love with this little girl and it was all worth it!! From 8 years of infertility, lots and lots of IVF, billions of trips to the Czech Republic, thousands and thousands spent on scans, drugs, investigations, travel, and literally countless cycles, we finally made it with our very last own frozen embryo. She's the most gorgeous thing and exactly the baby we wanted. So there was a reason we had to wait that long and happy beyond words about our little gorgeous baby girl ^ladybird^ We are so lucky!

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 7/05/20, 10:37 »
    Congratulations Katkat!!!! That is really nice news and you truly deserve this after so long of trying and persevering in this tiresome journey. Lots of love xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 7/05/20, 11:37 »
    Congratulations to you Katkat, so happy for you xxx

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 9/05/20, 23:40 »
    Kat - I am so so pleased for you, that is amazing news!
    Your story gives me so much hope.

Which is so needed at the moment. 

Is anyone thinking about going for egg collection etc. at the moment? 
    I'm finding it tough not being able to go to Athens / Brno.
    Thinking about UK clinics, but finding the cost difference difficult.

Offline Rocket75

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 11/05/20, 21:25 »
    Katkat - Congratulations on your wonderful news!! Welcome to the world baby Emilia. ❤️