* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 10013 times)

0 Members

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #80 on: 13/08/20, 22:37 »
Thanks both,
Serum doesn't do MACS - their embryologist is doing a clinical trial on sperm selection, I am not sure what she does but it involves them swimming through something (similar to PICSI).  She is patenting it, and I think it is amazing.  My DH had a very high DNA fragmentation,  after her protocol it was down to between 0-1% - that is miraculous. 

I have never had a positive outcome with MACS, and Penny feels that it can damage sperm,  which given my embryo's arrest on day3 at Reprofit (which is when sperm kicks in), when we have MACS, I can't help but agree with her.

Briss - You need some drugs now (in my opinion),  I did a nearly natural cycle with Serum, everything natural until day 9, then we added in a little stims and cetrotide,  (started both early so Penny can control it, keep the LH low, and the stims replaces your natural one), it allows you to get optimal timing.  It works really well for me,  it is the combination of allowing your body to select the best follicle, not pushing your ovaries, but also controlling the ovulation and your FSH. 

As we age our natural LH gets higher and less effective - the Pergovaris does help with this, I had a good(ish) cycle at reprofit which was down reg with Oestrogen and Testosterone - the T gives you more follicles and the E keeps your FSH down.  Then low dose Pergovaris (<100IU) for stims.  Which has a better LH for people like us.  But even though I made 2 good d3 embryo's they did not develop past d3, which I feel was not the eggs, but the way they 'clean' them, or the MACS??? (Unsure, it doesn't make sense - when serum embryo's don't arrest then) - anyway, the point is I think the stim protocol was good for me, and would likely be good for you. they also add in a little bit of Letrazole for people who need it to help delay LH.

Ask me anything you want about Stem cells - I had it done at Serum, and it did make a difference but only for a few months. 
P has increased the protocol and new it includes a matrix so it costs Ä7k.  I figured out that I could have 4 cycles for that (at Serum), so for me keeping on going was the better option.   She does proper stem cells though (not PRP).

Dorchester - You can downreg with Oestrogen which helps you stop having luteal phase follicles.   It sounds like your ovaries need a month off - I found that Macca and Agnus Castus helped normalise my cycle length and perpare me for a natural cycle.  It has sucessfully dropped my day3 FSH to 8 (from 20ish). 
Briss is right, Progesterone can be used to decrease LH later in the follicular phase, but it isn't great - CRGH do this routinely. 
You could also try letrazole for day 1-5 as it decreases your Estrogen it delays your LH rise.
Although Dr Gudi might be a good fit for you.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 15/08/20, 14:45 »
    Serum is at the cutting edge of many procedures,

They were the first clinic in the world to ever develop donor eggs.  They were the first clinic to offer ovarian stem cells with mescenchymal cells - this is what I had done, it's still under trial phases, but I wouldn't go anywhere else to have it done.
    They had developed their own sperm selection protocol - no one else does it yet because it is not published yet.  And no one in the UK has bothered to develop it because there is no financial incentive for them.

Their approach isn't for everyone, some people need more intense management, for me - they were the right fit, and I trust them with everything both as a clinician, and epidemiologist.

It's 12dpo for me today and very faint bfp - to early yet to really know, but it's not an evap line - I made my DH take one to check.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 15/08/20, 18:06 »
    Queenie, I am practically holding my breath from overexcitement and hoping and hoping and hoping . Come on little one stick and make yourself a lovely home in there :) when were you planning to do blood test?

Maybe I should try Serum one more time ...

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 15/08/20, 18:46 »
    Maybe I should also try serum
    Lol

It am also holding my breathe
    You really deserve it!!

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 19/08/20, 12:48 »
    Day 14 :  beta-HCG is - 118 IU/ml

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 19/08/20, 15:20 »
    Hi I feel like crying in happiness for u dear!!!

Stay calm & Relaxed

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 19/08/20, 16:15 »
    Queenie, is it day 14 after collection? 118 is good strong level in any event.  Are you checking doubling rate in 48h? I'm keeping everything crossed it continues going well all the way.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 19/08/20, 16:22 »
    Dorchestor,  why are you keen on sperm retrieval and feeeze? If your DH can produce sperm naturally you can just freeze it. I know retrieval is a good option when there is no sperm in the semen but occasionally a few sperm can still be surgically retrieved.  This doesn't seem to be your situation?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 20/08/20, 12:31 »
    From what I know the surgically removed sperm has its own issues e.g. maturation so I'd only consider it if that's the only way to access the sperm.  what's your DH's count?

why are you so focused on DNA frag? there are plenty of ladies who who got pregnant with appalling morphology / DNA frag results. If you are using fresh sperm i'd focus on your DH's diet/lifestyle factors to improve the quality (although I know this is not always easy as men).

I do not think there is anything that can offer a substantial improvement in odds compared to ICSI. I've done IMSI/PICSI etc but I am not sure they add that much. Ultimately ICSI offers the main advantage but of course ICSI can go only as far as the skill of the person performing it. There is also a selection process involved in ICSI and they would go for the most beautiful and morphologically sounds sperm which again is the most likely the most DNA sound sperm.

afm, my period is delayed, not sure what's keeping it but it does not look very promising. 

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 20/08/20, 18:12 »
    Briss

I agree with what you are saying
    I thought with age is dna frag high reduces chances further
    He is taking measures with diet and exercise

Itís based on this study

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/dna-of-sperm-from-infertile-men-as-healthy-as-sperm-from-fertile-men

Briss I feel your body and cycles are similar to mine and delicate
    Noristhisterone really helped me last month
    Try it?