* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 14254 times)

0 Members

Offline Riley12

• Volunteer
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« on: 13/01/20, 06:57 »
Hi all,

Here is your new thread as the old one was getting a bit long.

Link to part 7 here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=401167.msg7584887#new

Best wishes to you all.

Riley x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 18/01/20, 13:13 »
    Hi I thought Iíd be the first one to post on here.

Queenie - sorry you ovulated before collection that must be frustrating. I think katkatís given some good advise there on natural cycle collection. Still itís positive that youíve had 2 chemicals out of 3, I understand you worrying about implantation issues now.

Onelastchance - your MIL sounds awful, what a thing to say! I hope trying naturally will work for you, it maybe give you same chances as Ivf is itís just DOR and no other issues.

Katkat- Iím going to Nepal on family holiday. Iím actually originally from there but havenít been back in years so will be going to the Kathmandu valley and then explore further afield, maybe to Pokhara, havenít decided if weíll go elsewhere.Itís DHís first time heís northern Irish and is excited about going.  Thanks for your advise regarding vaccinations thatís helpful. I figured I canít keep my life on hold during this journey and not do things Ďjust incaseíI get pregnant, you never know when itís going to happen...
    Congrats on the 24week milestone!

MAC - sorry for your BFN trying naturally, thatís strange though on day 32 no AF. Are your cycles normally long? Thank you also about your advise on vaccinations thatís really helpful.

Dorchester - you asked me how I found ARGC, they are intense for conventional ivf, daily blood tests, sometimes twice a day on week 2, you have to take your medication at specific times, theyíll call you daily to give you instructions on when to take your medication. Iím not sure about natural ivf, if they do same intense monitoring I can imagine itíll get quite expensive there for natural ivf as the cost of the bloods will add up, plus they like to do immune testing so thatís another whack on top. However I did prefer them to Create, hence Iím transferring my embryo there for FET. I think FET there isnít as intense but they will tailor/ monitor you more than Create.

AFM- not much to report, Iím still waiting for Create to sort out paperwork to transfer to ARGC. Iíve also made an appointment with nurse for vaccinations to Nepal so will find out what I need. I think Iíll need hep a/b, typhoid, meningitis, possibly vaccinations against rabies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 23/01/20, 21:54 »
    Hi all,

I can't remember who asked me about Concept Fertility?Well, last week I had my appointment with Dr Ojha at Concept and I was a bit disappointed. He was very different compared to when he performed my aqua scan back in December. Suddenly, his opinion about not wasting a follicle changed to you have a very low reserve and your chances are very low with your own egg. I was very close to sarcastically reply, please tell me something I don't know! They also offer ED treatment in Spain as they work in collaboration with a clinic in Malaga, Spain, but I didn't see the advantage because you still have to travel for the transfer at your own cost. I suppose being able to have all the monitoring here, before the transfer is handy, but I am not sure if justifies paying almost twice as if you were to do by yourself in Malaga or any other clinic in Spain.

I just received a reply from IB Alicante about my mock cycle, Dr Castillo is happy to start a new mock cycle now, even though I haven't had my period yet and I don't need a scan either. So, I have been advised to take from tomorrow 4 mg PROGYNOVA for 7 days then increase to 6mg.
    I think because it's a mock cycle it's fine to start on day 42! Although I was hoping we would prescribe something to kick off a new cycle, it seems like I will have a very long cycle. I have started today but I am not sure if this is the right thing to be doing?

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

Sending big hugs to you all.
     ^hugme^

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 24/01/20, 09:06 »
    I hope it's okay if I just drop in, I haven't really been part of this particular thread before. I just want to say Mac, good on you for making the step you have just made! It's a difficult and brave decision to make but it's going to give you your happy ending, I'm sure of it! Good luck!

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 27/01/20, 16:30 »
    Hi all, apologies for my silence for so long. Iíve been taking a break from all things fertility related and to concentrate on feeling a bit better emotionally and physically. DH and I started our 7th round the middle of this month and we got off to a reasonably promising start, but things have gone pear shaped again and Iím looking for a bit of advice. I had an afc of 5, and had my baseline scan day 3. The consultant wanted me to take 30ml suprecur/burselin that evening then start stims from day 4. We had our first scan day 6 and there were 3 growing follicles 13mm, 11mm and 10mm. Today is day 9 and my scan showed a 19mm follicle, but all others have shrunk! This has never happened to me before. Iím totally confused, what could cause shrinking follicles?? Iím now left in the dilemma of collecting from the one follicle or going with IUI. I have to take the trigger shot this evening so thereís not much time to decide. If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully received xx

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 29/01/20, 15:33 »
    Just a quick update from me, this cycle has gone spectacularly wrong. After debating whether to go with IVF or IUI, we went with IVF. Sadly, an egg couldnít be retrieved from the follicle. This leaves me thinking that I was either triggered too early - usually I stim for 12 days, but this time it was 10, or the egg was grossly abnormal, so stuck to the follicle wall. Iím so disheartened. We have one more cycle left in our package, but we are seriously thinking not to bother and just prepare my body for the transfers instead. What a massive change there has been in just 6 months, itís just utterly soul destroying.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 29/01/20, 16:57 »
    Babyhopeful, really sorry to hear about this last cycle. I think you should do the next collection if you have paid for it, because you never know, that next cycle may have a good egg. As you cannot look inside the embryos you have already frozen I think each new egg is another chance. You can do the transfers after, the embryos are not getting any older whilst they are frozen. All the best and a big hug  ^hugme^

MSJ, have you sorted out vaccinations and the embryo transfer yet, or still waiting?

Mac, I've heard of so many women who just started late on in the cycle without having had a bleed. Good luck with this mock cycle!

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 29/01/20, 17:10 »
    KatKat -Thank you so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. How is everything going with your pregnancy? I hope you are feeling well and enjoying it. Did you ever experience an empty follicle? I think youíre right for me to use up our last round before the frozen embryos. I just hope there are just one or two good eggs left in me xx

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 29/01/20, 18:41 »
    Babyhopeful, I just popped on quickly and saw your post, I had to reply as Iíve been there with the empty follicles, I even created a post about it

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=383234.0
    I agree with Katkat about using your last cycle, you really never know. Do you take a double trigger shot? Since using this I havenít had the same problem.

Katkat, hope all is well with you, how many weeks are you now? You asked me before why I probably wouldnít be trying for a sibling, Iíve only just turned 35 so there is still a chance, but its a head vís heart thing. To be honest my heart already aches for another baby, but the 4 long years it took to have my daughter the sadness and disappointment were so overwhelming (as we all know too well) I canít face going back to feeling that way and risk anything overshadowing and distracting me from the happiness I have from having her. Iíll still use my last 2 frosties and will no doubt start trying naturally sooner rather than later as I very much doubt itíll happen anyway, but I just need to count my blessings as whilst in an ideal world Iíd have a big family, I feel so very lucky to have her at all.

I hope everyone else is ok, sorry for lack of personals but I do think of you all often xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 29/01/20, 19:52 »
    Hi babyhopeful, this happened to me on 4 natural cycles. And each one was different, collections were days 12, 13, 15 and 16 and different sizes between 18-21mm, always decent e2 levels. So they were probably just not good/stuck to wall etc. Or mistake by the clinic or a mix of both. Super frustrating! Also twice not fertilised and also had egg not good enough to try to fertilise. So awful eggs basically. And we thought it's just the sperm when we started out! But I've had embryos before this current one was collected and after this one was collected and they didn't implant either. I'm a terrible example though as I don't think I know anyone that took that long to finally get there. Anyway, am good thanks and 26+4, just hope it continues well FX

Sunshine as above just over 26 weeks, 28 weeks is the next milestone I guess. They are monitoring me weekly now with bloods for cholestasis... So my liver playing up all of a sudden! It started with my stomach itching a lot. Anyway it's currently just mild so have to hope for the best.
    I totally understand where you're coming from! I also still count my blessings and will only just be able to relax once I know she is safely here, I so hope it all goes well. How is it going with the little one?