* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 14258 times)

0 Members

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #10 on: 29/01/20, 22:52 »
Sunshine122 - Thank you so much for the link. It gives me some hope that you got there in the end despite the setbacks. I think a change of medication is definitely needed for next time. It was such a strange cycle with shrinking follicles and then the missing egg! I completely understand about you not wanting to re-visit the IVF rollercoaster at this time and Iím so happy that you are living in the moment and enjoying your daughter xx

KatKat - 4 natural cycles of missing eggs must have been hard to bear. My follicle was over 20mm before trigger, but I suspect my oestrogen was low. I feel more of an oestrogen rise in my natural cycles than this IVF one. Iím wondering if this fall in oestrogen explains the shrinking follicles. Iím keeping everything crossed for you and I hope they can get the cholestasis under control xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 30/01/20, 09:19 »
    Babyhopeful, was there a reason they started you on buserelin so early? Like run away follicle in the past? Some women are very sensitive to suppression (including myself). Would it not make more sense to stimulate the follicles you have and then take an antagonist later on whilst the LH ist still low but the follicles have all grown to a decent size, with already increased estrogen?

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 30/01/20, 11:55 »
    KatKat, on my NHS cycles I had run away follicles and poorer egg quality, using the antagonist/ micro flare protocol so I think thatís why my current clinic went with the agonist protocol taking burselin and bemfola at the same time. I have previously had good results using this method, but I think I am becoming more sensitive to the burselin. I felt very tired this cycle, which usually indicates for me that the burselin is dominating. Iím thinking to perhaps try the flare next time, with just the bemfola and then introducing cetrotide later on to stop ovulation. My only worry is the egg quality issue, but Iím wondering if this may have resolved as I now take DHEA and a truck load of other supplements. I canít believe that there has been such a dramatic change in the last 6 months and Iím scared that Iíve suddenly become peri menopausal. Iím planning to ask the clinic to take some bloods to see where I stand hormonally xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 30/01/20, 12:18 »
    Babyhopeful, I don't think you are suddenly peri. If you compared cycles a few years apart then I think the age / hormones would play a role but not within half a year. To give you an example, on my second NHS cycle (the first gave me 3 blasts) 4 months later I had one poor quality day 3 embryo only and with nearly the identical protocol. The consultant blamed my age (I was 38 then) for a rapid decline. The subsequent long protocol cycle was even worse (17 follicles, 13 eggs, just 1 mature, poor quality, bfn!). And I remembered back what the consultant had said to me about age and I was ready to give up there and then. But I was too stubborn for this and had yet more cycles after that. I tried mild IVF and suddenly had really nice 8-cell Day 3 embryos and blasts from then onwards. Anyway, this is history as they also didn't implant (I then realised I just have such sh*t eggs that I needed a lot of them to find a normal once, hence all these natural cycles as couldn't afford full cycles any longer and thought going all natural may be better for my eggs). What I am trying to say is that I think the protocol plays a huge role in how a cycle pans out, but in the end, it is really down to finding a normal egg, together with the embryologist picking a normal sperm. I think your plan sounds good and hope that there are some good eggs in this next batch. I do not think this next month will have any relation with this last one, it's just another chance to get eggs while you're still younger.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 30/01/20, 16:38 »
    Thank you KatKat, your post gives me some reassurance and hope xx

Offline Emsy81

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 4/02/20, 08:14 »
    Hi I just wondered if I could jump on this thread please. Had AMH result of 1.5 and FSH 13.3 5 follicles...ttc naturally xx

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 4/02/20, 08:30 »
    Hi Emsy81, welcome to the thread. Iím planning to ttc naturally over the next 2 months before my final IVF in April xx

Offline Emsy81

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 4/02/20, 10:47 »
    Thank you for the welcome, it's all come as a bit of a shock the results but I'm staying positive as it only takes one good one xx

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 4/02/20, 22:36 »
    Hi all,

Katakt, thank you for the good vibes and sorry to hear that your liver is playing up and I hope this not causing too much discomfort.

Emsy81 and Babuhopeful; good luck with trying naturally. Fingers crossed to you two.

Sunshine, so nice to hear from you! sending you big hugs to you and your precious angel. Keep us posted here when you start trying naturally and don't give up on your big family.

I am still on this very long cycle. Currently on day 56  but only started with Progynova on day 44 and I should be taking Prostap injection in 4 days, which I still need to order and not sure will arrive on time. I hate the thought of taking this injection and I struggle to see the point of it. Dr Castillo says that this will prevent ovulation but I know I don't ovulate, otherwise, I wouldn't be on this never-ending cycle! I am very tempted to skip this injection, as this is just a mock cycle, and only start with cyclogest in 2 days and then stop everything in 10 days as advised.

Feeling very confused.  :(

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 5/02/20, 16:55 »
    Babyhopeful - sorry about your last cycle, I know how you feel at abandoning the last cycle and put in what youíve already got. I felt the same when my on second cycle there was no fertilisation. Esp as Iíd had surgery and a miscarriage in between! I did get better result on my 3rd cycle even though it was a BPN. As the others say you never know, and it is a chance to get egg/s when youíre still younger.

Katkat - sorry to hear about your liver issues, hope itís not too bad. Just wondering, question for both you and sunshine really, when do the nhs take over to start monitoring you and when are you able to start getting prescription on the NHS? I was thinking as weíre complicated cases and possibly high risk due to age, history of infertility, miscarriages, (also endo in my case), are they likely to monitor you earlier?

Sunshine - Iím glad you are not putting too much pressure on yourself for another and enjoying and thankful for your little one. TTC years really arenít easy. So itíll be nice to take some time off to enjoy what you have.

Mac - good luck with your incredibly long cycle

Emsy - welcome

AFM - Iím in a bit of a limbo. Iíve finally had my embryo transferred to ARGC last week. Iíve had typhoid injection today. (Couldnít get appt at gp surgery for ages), need to get rest on Monday at a travel clinic. I need to have a consultation at ARGC. Iím not sure if itís worth getting a scratch. What do you think? And Iím still not sure about when to do the FET, mainly cos not sure if Iím ready, and if thereís even enough time now. I could start acupuncture and try naturally if I do FET after holiday...Iím also not sure when to start looking for a job. If I start working now as a contractor then Iíll need to ask for time off for holiday for the 2WW, Iím also not very motivated to do much at the moment. I think I need to get my mojo back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk