* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 13492 times)

0 Members

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #20 on: 8/02/20, 12:16 »
Mac78- Did you decide what to do about the Prostap injection? Are you doing a mock cycle for OE or DE?

MSJ - I have had a scratch in the past. I didnít get pregnant on that IVF cycle, but I did on the next one, which was about 3 months later. Too be honest it was so long afterwards I donít think it made any difference. I hear what youíre saying about trying to get your mojo back, Iím in a bit of a slump at the moment.

Afm - Despite not taking any luteal support after this failed IVF cycle there is no sign of af. Iím a bit confused about this as I would have thought no egg means no corpus luteum. Anyway, Iím plodding on and Iím trying to think of things I could do to improve my final round. My sleep is really disturbed at the moment so Iíve started taking melatonin to try and get into a good sleep cycle. Iím keeping my fingers crossed that itíll help. Iím trying to get back into reflexology to help reduce my anxiety, but my reflexologist has cancelled my appointment at the last minute and the next available one isnít for another two weeks, which is really frustrating. Iíve looked around for alternative practitioners, but theyíre either too far away or donít seem to be open in the evenings (I just canít take the time off work at the moment). So Iím going to have to just stick with weekly yoga and try and take some nice long walks when the weather is nice. DH and I had a long chat about DE recently. I feel weíre at a bit of a stale mate. He doesnít want to make the decision until we have used up our frosties, but I need to have a safety net if all else fails. This journey has just been so long and itís getting harder.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BroodySingle

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Ever hopeful
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 10/02/20, 09:49 »
    Hi Ladies,

Would you mind if I joined you?

Babyhopeful - sorry you're having a difficult time of it :( The decision to go down the DE route is a hard one which is very personal to each set of circumstances. But, I'm like you in the fact that I need to have a plan of what happens next if the avenue I'm currently pursuing doesn't work. I don't know if it's the same for you, but it almost feels like it's a bit of pressure taken off knowing that I have a plan for the next step should all fail. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! xx

MSJ - Unfortunately I can't be of much help, but enjoy your holiday and whatever you decide I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! xx

Mac78 - Sorry you're on this never-ending ride! What does a mock cycle do if you don't mind me asking? xx

Emsy81 - If it's any consolation I'd be happy with an AMH of 1.5 right now! :) 0.44 leaves me in a constant panic that there's going to be nothing to retrieve when I start my cycle and go for Egg collection! Good luck TTC naturally! xx

katkat2014 - Thanks for your wise words xx

AFM, As you can see from my signature, I'm single and have a very low AMH and AFC. I would love to be a mum and am happy to go it solo.

This will be my first round of IVF with DS so I suppose it's my discovery to understand how my body reacts to the drugs etc. I've been put on short protocol. My AF finally arrived yesterday (after a few false starts) so I should be good to get my remaining blood tests tomorrow - including FSH - and then begin my cycle at my next AF in March.

I'm under no illusions that it'll work first time (or second or third) as my prognosis is only 6% chance with 1 egg, but there's always a sliver of hope!  ^pray^

I'm willing the days away like crazy at the moment - with a month to go still! - and I'm trying to get something planned in for each week which allows me to break up the waiting a little.

This week I have my bloods, the next week my Nurse consultation - after which I can buy my meds. Oddly enough, they are cheapest at the Lister (my treatment hospital) by far. Fertility2U were about the same but from everything I'd read I was surprised the clinic was cheapest.

Now I just need to find another couple of milestones for the two following weeks after which my next cycle should be here!

xxx

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 11/02/20, 20:16 »
    Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing? Is anyone doing a transfer this month?

MSJ; glad to hear your embryo is at ARGC and I know how hard is to wait for an appointment for a vaccination. So when are you going to Nepal? It's hard to say from outside but if you can afford financially maybe is better to focus on trying naturally then go straight for a transfer if it doesn't happen. When I first got pregnant, this was literally 3 months after I was told I had 0 chance of getting pregnant naturally, it was the month after I came back from an amazing holiday in the Maldives. On my case, the egg quality wasn't there but your case can be different? if you can afford to do so, why not?

BroodySingle; welcome and wishing you the best of luck, strength, and faith for this cycle. I am doing a treatment with donor egg and the mock cycle is a stimulation just to be able to know how my lining, and I suppose my body, will respond to the medication on the actual cycle.

Not much to report from me; 2 more days until I stop with all the medication and then patiently wait for the AF ^pray^. One thing I am worried about is drinking wine. Is not that a drink a lot, but I do work in the wine industry and I will have to take clients to a wine a trip next week, most of the time I will be spitting out but when having dinner with winemakers would be rude not to drink anything. I have not given up alcohol since I started tcc, but I have certainly cut it down to 1 gls a week and sometimes none at all. Most of the time is because of work and I feel really guilty after that. :(

Offline BroodySingle

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Ever hopeful
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 14/02/20, 10:52 »
    Hi all,

How is everyone getting on?

Mac - Sorry you're feeling guilty, but I honestly don't think you need to! I'd be surprised if the odd glass here and there really makes a massive difference. Are you able to stick to a small glass of red which has at least some other health benefits too?

I think sometimes we stress ourselves out so much with all the things we should or shouldn't be doing that we actually do more harm than good so please try not to stress :)

Enjoy the meal and worst case, if you really want to abstain completely just say you're on antibiotics that can't be mixed with alcohol  ;D

AFM, just waiting impatiently for my next AF - which won't be for just under a month  :( - so I can start my first cycle. I'm trying to find something nice to do each week between then so that I have shorter milestones to meet to pass the time more quickly. I doubt it'll work but it's worth a try.

xxx

Offline Rocket75

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 14/02/20, 16:17 »
    Katkat - I just wanted to respond to your concerns about high ALT. I had this towards them end of my pregnancy. I was referred for a liver scan but by the time I got the date for the scan I had given birth and they no longer felt the risk was there. I didnít have any other symptoms. This was one of many, slightly on the wrong side of borderline, results that I had that eventually led to me being induced at 37 weeks but the main one for me was that the babyís growth seemed to stop at 37 weeks. As far as Iím aware there havenít been any long term implications of high ALT levels. It might be worth asking about a liver scan.

I hope things are going well for you at the moment.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 14/02/20, 22:34 »
    Hi broodysingle and welcome! The wait was almost the worst for me, I'd rather get on with things regardless of the outcome. Good plan to have things scheduled in to speed up time!

Mac, don't worry about the wine. And making up you're on antibiotics every once in a while could be a good idea if it's getting too much. But the odd glass really doesn't matter at all. Or just say you've been drinking too much recently and want to give if a bit of a break, then had just a couple of sips.

Babyhopeful, any sign of AF? I was in the same situation, I needed a plan B and DH wasn't up for talking about DE or taking it seriously. But he came round with time and whilst we have never properly taken it up he'd eventually agreed that this would be our plan B If all fails. It took a while.to get to this point but right now before our last cycle we had a couple of DE consultations which really helped to get our (his) heads around it. That was before and even during transferring the last embryo and helped us both a lot.

Msj, I have had so many scratches and I would say unless someone found something drastic then I am not really sure if there is a need for this. For example if you have a really low level of uterine nk cells then it could be worth it.
    Regarding monitoring early, i know that if you've had miscarriages they will do so (i didn't really). Otherwise it's just the normal thing is the 10 week dating appointment with the NHS followed by the 12 week scan, then 20 weeks scan and some midwife appointments and that's it. As I am over 40 years old and did VF they monitor me more closely now but only from now (week 28/29). So you have add. growths scans and consultant appointments plus your regular MW apps. every 3-4 weeks. You get free general prescriptions as soon as you are pregnant, you just need to get a form from the GP. I've heard from some that for example if you needed clexane you will get it prescribed, but typically later on. I didn't apparently need it even though I had used it for most of my IVf cycles for better blood flow. Taking aspirin only since 16 weeks.

Hey rocket, how's Bethany and how are you? That's so interesting about the ALT and I also totally forgot you were induced earlier. The good thing is, it's suddenly totally in the normal range for me. So ALT were high for a few weeks and the last 2 results came back normal..my awful itching that I've had since Christmas has almost disappeared too (I did have some kind of different thing though, a rash which I think may be PUPP which comes and goes). So now am no longer monitored for cholestasis thankfully! Also baby measured quite large today (29 weeks) which is weird as as ok the small side, then average around week 25 and now ahead by a week. it's all still totally surreal but i love feeling the baby move, it's amazing and something I am sure everyone on here will get to experience eventually. Just need to keep my fingers crossed for a bit longer

Offline BroodySingle

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Ever hopeful
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 18/02/20, 17:18 »
    Hi ladies,

It's been a while!

How are you all getting on?

kitkat - thanks for the welcome! :) I still have at least 3 weeks to go...although I'm worrying it may be longer as my consultant put me on Levothyroxcin as my thyroid is slightly elevated and it's played havoc with my cycle. Spotted for 7 days before AF (although spotting started when AF was due) and then spotted for 8 days after AF!

Mac - how are you doing? Have you had the work event yet?

Babyhopeful - has AF arrived?

MSJ - any further on the decisions?

Emsy - how are you doing? I only found out my levels just under a month ago. I've gone crazy planning and getting my treatment started since as otherwise I really would go crazy!

AFM, I had my nurse consultation today...I'm sure she thought I was a right ditz...especially when I asked if I would be shown how to prepare my meds again before my treatment cycle. She looked at me like I was absolutely barmy! It doesn't help that I don't think she was very impressed when I tried it myself and seemed to epically fail at getting the liquid into the needle.  ^idiot^

Hoping you're all well.

xxx

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 24/02/20, 20:14 »
    Hi all,

Is anyone doing a transfer in the next 3 weeks? I can't believe I am saying this, but I am finally cycling for a transfer soon. I am so anxious and overwhelmed, hoping our donor gives us healthy eggs and hoping they make to the blastocyst stage. This is the moment I have been waiting for and planning and now is finally happening. I just don't get why it feels like someone is squeezing my heart right now. I don't have any doubt that I want to be a mother and I am trying wherever it takes to make it happen, but suddenly I have been questioning everything in my life, from my career to my marriage and even contemplating what a crazy thing to have a child at 42 years old. I  really don't know what is happening.
    Has anyone felt the same way just before ET?

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 25/02/20, 21:35 »
    Broodysingle - Welcome! Yes Iím similar in that I feel less pressure if the next steps are clear. I hope youíre getting on okay with the medication. Iím wishing you lots of luck for this cycle x

Mac78 - I do have the odd glass of red wine in between cycles just so I can feel a bit more normal! Iíve been ttc for so long now that I would have gone mad by now if I didnít let my hair down once in a while. Iím sorry to hear that you are feeling anxious about the next few weeks. I too have questioned everything from my marriage to the meaning of life in between cycles, but once a cycle starts my worries seem to fade away and I just get on with the task ahead. I think itís good to question things and reassess once in a while rather than blindly continue on this journey. I hope your feelings will settle once the donor round starts. As for your age, I keep reminding myself that if women can have periods into their 40s or even 50s then Mother Nature still intended for our age group to have babies. Iím perhaps a bit more tired than I was in my 20s, but I still think I have the energy and patience to look after a child. In fact at 40 Iím infinitely more patient than I was at 20.

Katkat - I hope you are doing well? I think a few donor egg consultations would help DH to feel more positively about it. It may come down to cost in the end, as financially it may make more sense to use DEs in our cycles.

Afm - AF arrived 4 days early, it was fairly heavy, which is normal for me after IVF, but it lasted only 5 days rather than my usual 7. I started getting high readings on ovulation tests from day 9 to 13. Then during the afternoon of day 13 I started bleeding, it was more than spotting, but less than af. I contacted the clinic and they said things should settle down, but contact them if things get worse. The spotting has eased off slightly, but itís been going on for 6 days now. Itís so frustrating, I have no idea where I am with my cycle and we didnít even get a chance to try naturally this month. Iím hoping this is just some kind of weird bounce back with my hormones after being over suppressed on the suprecur/burselin. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

DH and I had a fairly positive appointment with our consultant. We are not using suprecur/burselin again. Instead Iím going to use stims from day 3 then introduce cetrotide later on to prevent early ovulation. I have had runaway follicles with this protocol in the past, but the clinic are going to give me a split dose of stims with half in the morning and half in the evening. The consultant would like to see me batch at least one more embryo to give me a fighting chance of a healthy pregnancy. Iím keeping everything crossed that my body settles down and behaves as it should. The consultant also suggested that a couple of rounds of IUI with stims could be a plan b rather than straight to DE. We know we can achieve fertilisation and implantation, so itís just a matter of finding that lucky egg, although this is dependent on my body behaving. I am still fearful that things have declined to a point where Iím just not going to respond anymore.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 25/02/20, 23:00 »
    Mac, I think its fairly normal to question things, the whole process is full of so many huge decisions and I donít think anyone can really understand what they would do until they are in that position. I know I was constantly doubting everything. Wishing you so much luck.

Babyhopeful, it sounds really positive that your clinic have changed your protocol a bit. On my last fresh cycle none of our embryos made it to day 5 (it was actually our worst cycle with Create) but thankfully we had a few frozen embryos which we were able to transfer and as you know gave me my daughter. I put it down to having a bad cold during stims that the embryos didnít make it, but who really knows, but I just wanted to say that just because you had one bad round it doesnít mean the next will be. Also, if it did come to the worst and you didnít get any fresh embryos this time, would you be able to pop back in one of your frozen? Iím exactly the same about needing a back up plan. I was even like this during the start of my pregnancy, I think for me it was just a way of trying to protect myself.

Katkat, so pleased all is well, when is your due date?

xxx