* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 5947 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #60 on: 31/07/20, 15:37 »
Dorchestor,  you had the trigger plus egg collection so I'd fully expect normal natural progesterone support regardless of whether there was an egg.

LH 20 is pretty high they should have started cetrotide earlier . I think the general rule is to start cetrotide on LH above 10 or follicles above 13mm (I'm not 100% about the 13mm number though).

Re estrogen levels, it's personal and possibly for you 700-800 is enough but I think generally its expected to be closer to 1000 at trigger.  For me it needs to be at least 1500 for a good quality egg but I always had increased estrogen levels.

18mm Follicles with a 7mm lining combined with baseline level bloods (and by that I understand low LH low estrogen), could indicate a cyst.  But its hard to be certain . 7mm sounds low for trigger level lining but if its your normal level than it could have been a follicle.  Although with low estrogen levels the quality was probably not so good.

Afm, am back in Munich:) feels almost the same minus the mask. The flights were fine but outrageously expensive considering I just came out for scan/blood and meds. I'll still probably save a bit on German meds compared to UK prices (or generally lack of necessary meds). I would not be able to even start this cycle of i didn't stock up last year in Munich.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 31/07/20, 21:24 »
    Hi the clinic said 600 is fine for e2 at trigger.

So my day 22 bloods from yesterday morning are as follows (which I got today)
    E2  - 900
    FSH - 7
    LH - 4
    Progesterone:16

The granulus and cumulus cells were removed is the progesterone therefore expected to be low?
    Is this poor quality?
    Or is this late testing?

The natural LH surge was last Wednesday evening
    The progesterone was tested yesterday (Thursday) morning
    Did I ovulate?

Yesterday the consultant said next time we would collect the next day after a natural LH surge if there is one.

Great to hear u r in Munich
    I respect your perseverance and I know you know what you are doing!

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 31/07/20, 21:52 »
    My LH started off as 8 on day 5.
    By day 10 with a 13mm follicle it was 21 thatís when cetrotide was then started.
    It stayed at 20 and then rose to 24 on day 12 with a a 15mm follicle
    I started to surge naturally regardless of cetrotide.
    Next time when should we start cetrotide?
    How can I keep LH low?
    Thanks

Offline TBW342

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 2/08/20, 10:15 »
    Hi everyone, hope Iím alright to join this thread. Iím very confused and wondered if any of you ladies could help.

I was due to start my last own egg cycle in July but unfortunately for the first time really my cycle seems really messed up. I had a peak reading on a digital ovulation test on day 19 which is about normal for me so was just waiting on AF arrive. My cycles are between 29 -36 days. I had a scan at my clinic to see if I would be okay to start with the next cycle and I had five follicles so they were happy for me to begin when AF arrived. One follicle was 15 and they said no signs of ovulation which I guessed as I had no temperature rise or EWCM round peak reading time. So then I decided to keep testing and wondered if I could still ovulate with this follicle and on day 37 got another peak reading,  this time accompanied by EWCM so thought okay this is late ovulation. My temperatures have risen a bit too and   App has me as 4dpo. Anyway last night I had watery cm and took another ovulation test and it was peak again- a week after the last peak reading! So now totally confused and have no idea when AF will start. Could this follicle still be trying to ovulate after all this time or has one of the other follicles now grown and is the right size because the cycle is so long? Iím now on CD 45.

Any help would be much appreciated

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part6 8
    « Reply #64 on: 2/08/20, 11:45 »
    TBW, have you tested for pregnancy? That's the first thing that comes to mind. Positive opk at the end of a cycle are indicative of bfp.

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 2/08/20, 17:37 »
    When I was pregnant last year I only had a opk to test. It was positive. And yes I was pregnant. So do a FRER.

Offline TBW342

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 2/08/20, 20:05 »
    Thank you Briss and ZC for your replies. I have taken pregnancy tests but sadly BFN including FRER. I suppose it is down to hormone irregularities due to age so I guess I will just have to wait it out. This would have been my last attempt at OE (after 6 previous failures) and I had resigned myself to close the chapter on this (I know that sounds negative going into a cycle but just based on previous failures and the poor odds). Now it is just being dragged out and am feeling uncertain whether I should cycle at all and save further heartache- not to mention money. Maybe my body is giving me a hint to give up on OE  :-\

Briss - best of luck on your cycle in Munich. Fingers crossed it goes well for you!

ZC - Sorry to read that your recent FET was unsuccessful.  :(

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 3/08/20, 21:44 »
    TBW :
    Sorry to hear of the pain you are going through
    Keep going and follow your gut

Briss thanks for you support recently it has really helped me
    Should I go straight into a new cycle this week?
    Or can I take a break For one cycle
    I feel even  with stims my body needs a month off the clinic said back to back is also good results as body is in a momentum
    However I feel I need to give myself a month off from the drugs
    I donít feel time is on my side

ZC sorry it was unsuccessful try and be strong

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 3/08/20, 22:54 »
    TBW
    I had this happen once
    I think itís the body trying to ovulate the same follicle...
    I was also confused

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 4/08/20, 07:39 »
    Dorchestor,  unfortunately I don't really know how to keep LH low. Its always been an issue for me. Over time I learnt to go alone with my natural LH surge and focused to pinpointing as close to its start as possible and triggered on that day usually some hours after it started . But I was able to collect the mature eggs in time in most cases although it was always stressful scheduling collection , flights etc at a moments notice. Long protocols with nasal spray was the only time I had stress free collection that incidently ended with 7 eggs (my absolute record) and a bfp /ms. Somehow this protocol kept my LH in check the entire time.

Why do you say your progesterone is low? Id think 16 is normal for LP.

Why would you collect the next day after a natural LH surge? if you use fertility monitor then collecting on your second peak day is an option. But again are you sure its when you ovulate naturally? Some ladies ovulate the next day after the second peak. I know I used to ovulate on my second peak in about 95% of natural cycles but it took a couple of years of constant monitoring to figure that out. If you are using opk rather than fertility monitor its less reliable although opk can give you positive earlier. I used to get peak the next morning after positive opk. With opk I prefer to triger on the day of positive but collect some 35 hours after trigger.

The thing that surprises me about your levels is that your estrogen 900 is higher after egg collection than on trigger day 600. Why is that? Are you taking any estrogen? If not I'd query this with your consultant.

TBW,  I was so hoping it might be one of those miracle natural bfp stories. We actually had quite a few of these here so I was encouraged. I am sorry you are feeling negative but its natural to defend oneself in the face of constant disappointment. In the past despite many (too many to count not enough fingers and toes ...) failures I always had internal strength and firm belief that was driving me forward. I don't know whats driving me now . Inability to stop? I did give it 6 months of not doing any ivf and completely focusing on other things but it never left my mind . As much as its hard physically and emotionally and obviously financially and even facing ridiculous fsh levels and non existing cycles I still hope that maybe it'll happen if we just try again.

Going back to your second peak, its actually possible to ovulate twice in one cycle as it gets closer to menopause. Last year I had egg collection on day 4 and then continued stimming for a second round. My follicles seem to be growing out of sync whenever they feel like it. I just had a 60 day cycle with good estrogen levels but no peak and low progesterone so I had to trigger in the end to start LP and a new cycle two weeks later. I used to know my cycle so well I was able to schedule egg collection and get mature egg with no meds  not even a trigger shot. These days I have no idea whats happening.

Afm, disappointing news just had egg collection but no egg. The follicle was small around 15mm although it was 12-13 on Friday and LH was 19. I didn't have natural LH surge but I don't seem to have it anymore.  Estrogen was over 800 on Friday so I'd expect to have an egg in there. It could have ovulated early of course or maybe it wasn't ready even though I was flashed 12 times!! The collection was excruciating,  it wasn't my usual doc and she could not get the needle in, tried 10 times I was in agony