* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 9787 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #140 on: 15/09/20, 14:43 »
Hi, queenie! I believe, and I really hope, you don't have to go private for the whole thing... I frankly don't know anything about St Mary's but I generally really trust UCLH. I was going to mention Patrick O'Brien worked there but I thought you lived too far away to be in their catchment area... If I were going NHS, I'd personally want to be with his team.

I've only ever heard of one person transferring with the same consultant from private to NHS, but that was with a paediatrician. Still, your question was about having the complexity investigated privately and then moving to the NHS with that information--that sounds to me like it should be doable, but the NHS is unfathomable sometimes.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you... xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 16/09/20, 06:29 »
    Klik, lovely to hear from you, I have often thought of you when popping on here and hoped you are doing well with your little one.
    Wishing you so much luck for a sibling for your little one. Did you just get the progesterone prescribed from your old clinic? I need to do the same as my luteal phase is even shorter now, I am hoping they will just prescribe without wanting me to go in for a consult/scan/bloods, but Dr Hall who knew us best is no longer with the clinic. I canít face being poked/prodded/examined at the moment.
    Hope your little boy is ok now xx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #142 on: 16/09/20, 09:26 »
    Just a quick one to queenie, I was at St Mary's nhs,  I really recommend their birth centre although I had to be transfered to labour ward eventually but its just a floor above the birth centre.  I also had my private midwife with me so she could negotiate with med stuff on my behalf as i was obviously in no position to. But frankly my husband did a better job at fighting my corner (my preference was natural birth with minimal meds or intervention and its not easy to achieve in labour ward) I looked into St Mary's private wing but you basically need to put aside something like 20K in case of additional measures and also book a consultant early on. I was in 3rd trimester when I was brave enough to consider thinking about actually birth but it was too late for private.