* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 16812 times)

0 Members

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #200 on: 26/10/20, 20:00 »
Mouse -  I had a friend who similalry felt it hadn't worked,  had cramps and reduced her medications and started to bleed - 2 days later she had a scan for what she thought was day 2 of her cycle and there was a very early embryo and gestational sac there.  She did a blood test and HCG was there but low, and re-started her progesterone, but becuase she had stopped it a few days earlier it was too late to rescue it. 

I'm sorry if i'm being unhelpful - I just want to say - have a blood test, you can always boost your hormones if it is a weak positive, but sometimes they need a little help maintaining right at the beginning. 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #201 on: 27/10/20, 17:59 »
    So definitely a bfn for me this cycle. So onto the 1 frostie we have left over. This will be my 7th cycle this year and starting to feel like it will never work! But I know i need to just keep going and try and be persistent.

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #202 on: 27/10/20, 22:34 »
    Be kind to yourself Mouse - it's  long long road for all of us.

I personally wouldn't rush into transfering your last frostie - give yourself some head space to prep for it, and also to think about if there are any variables you haven't discovered which might be holding the embryo back. 

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #203 on: 28/10/20, 15:05 »
    Just a quick one for Mouse, I am so sorry this cycle did not work, bfns are always heartbreaking and so deflating after everything you went through to go all the way to transfer for it to end so quickly is truly disappointing. but you are still in the game, still have a cycle, follicles, eggs so the possibility is still there. When I get clean BFNs I first look at the embryos. if the embryo was good i.e. beautiful, i never held my embryos in the lab past day 3 so can only say that if on day 2 it's beautiful 2-4 cells or on day 3 it's 8 cells and they all look more or less the same size/shape - if the embryo is beautiful I would expect to see at least an attempt at implantation - a faint line, chemical, early mc - at least something. in which case i'd see it as encouraging in a way that everything works as it should we just need to carry on searching for a better quality egg/sperm (basically i'd put it down to embryo quality). but if you had a beautiful embryo that had no sign of implanting I'd look elsewhere i.e. implantation issues / uterus. it's a very simplified way to look at things but it worked for me. I regret (slightly) BF for so long because I transferred lots of good quality embryos that somehow did not implant because of BF. I have no way to prove it except that the only good embryo I transferred after I stopped BF did try to implant but it was my last embryo. I have not managed to make an embryo in a lab since then and am very sad           

Online mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #204 on: 28/10/20, 20:24 »
    Thanks guys for your kind and encouraging words.

Briss I think you have a point about embryo vs implantation. In two years I have not even had a sniff of implantation and I would know as I tested early and consistently every month. I also no know that while I donít produce many eggs, those eggs I do make have no problem making top quality blasts. So again to me this points to a uterus issue. I have a consultation next week and I will be asking about what investigations we need to do. I have long felt this has been an implantation issue but itís difficult to justify ďa hunchĒ. I suspect the consultant may say itís age! He may be right but maybe not.

Iím so sorry you are feeling sad. You must feel exhausted by ivf, I can imagine itís hard to stay hopeful at times. Are you still thinking of trying a different clinic?

Today has been a difficult day. Just allowed myself to feel sad. It will pass but just need to let myself feel sad before I can start again.

Hope everyone else is ok. Xx

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 28/10/20, 20:48 »
    Go with your gut.  If you are making top quality blasts there is a >80% chance they are chromasomally normal, and therefore it is likely to be something other than the embryo which is causing the problem. - You can't be sure, but I would definately guess there is something you are missing which, if you treat will make the difference.
    Problems can be multi-factorial.   I am sure we had implantation issues as well as DOR/MF.

I would test for endocrine clotting and immune factors :-
    Thyroid (TSH should be <2.5)
    Immunes (Chicargo tests or others).
    Anti-Phsospholipids
    Thrombophillia

Then more uterine factors :-
    Hysteroscopy (At a good clinic) & ERA.
    Possibly also - Hidden C

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #206 on: 29/10/20, 14:18 »
    Mouse, sorry that you got bfn, they are so hard but agree that you need to follow your gut and check other issues atleast to put your mind at rest.

We are at a point now where people from our NCT group are starting to announce 2nd pregnancies, despite being grateful every time I look at my daughter its still hard. My cycle isnít that regular since having her, its always been short (23 days) but was always perfectly regular, now it can be anything from about 19 days. Iím hoping after xmas we can ttc a bit more as at the moment Iím still working on postnatal recovery though do try to bd atleast once around ovulation. Still not planning to go back down the IVF route so will just have to focus on whatever I can do to give myself the best chance naturally, hopefully i can find something to help balance my hormones for now.

Online mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #207 on: 5/11/20, 10:00 »
    Hi all,

This thread has gone a little quiet and just checking in to say hello.

Hope you are all doing ok.

Online mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #208 on: 19/11/20, 13:06 »
    Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing ok in these challenging times!

Not sure if anyone is still around on this thread but just looking for a bit of advice as you are all so knowledgable.

After my last double embryo transfer that resulted in a bfn I asked the consultant about investigations for implantation failure. We agreed the best plan was to have a hystersonography scan (saline/Aqua scan). This was to check the cavity etc. This was all clear and I continued with meds for FET. However after 20 days on estrogen tablets and pessaries my lining was not moving beyond 5.5mm. The consultant now thinks I should have a hysteroscopy to rule out any small scarring before we transfer this embryo. Itís so so expensive and just wondering whether you think itís worth it? I was surprised he suggested this after the normal scan but he thought perhaps it missed something more minute.

I only have this one blast in the freezer and donít want to put it back if implantation is an issue but Iím in two minds.

Any thoughts would be gratefully  received.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #209 on: 20/11/20, 14:39 »
    Hi Mouse, I would follow your gut here, if this is your last embryo and it didnít work would you always regret not getting it done. Before my successful transfer I had a hysteroscopy with the implantation cuts in Athens done. It may have worked anyway, who knows, but it was such hard work to actually make any embryos I just didnt want to potentially be wasting them. I know its so hard knowing whats best to do.