* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8  (Read 24290 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 8
« Reply #260 on: 3/02/21, 21:46 »
Queenie - first of all,  massive congratulations - 28 weeks now, wow!Totally up for a meet up when we can..

Klik, am extremely sorry for the latest outcome, have already let you know personally anyway, but sending you continued lucky wishes and perhaps there's going to be another natural miracle when least expected..

Briss thinking of you and hoping that it's finally going to be your time again very soon!

Pritamin, I was with reprofit in Brno and can highly recommend Dr Pavel who is the head consultant there. For both OE and DE. We didn't need DE in the end but Dr Pavel would have fully supported either option - he never gave up on me.

Mouse good luck with the upcoming cycle!

I'm.so in awe of everyone cycling during Covid times - it needs so much additional focus and patience!

Our daughter is 9 months old now and basically a covid baby in the sense that she was born during lockdown and has hardly had any contact with anyone but... I am so grateful every single day!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #261 on: 17/02/21, 20:39 »
    Hi ladies

Really pleased to hear of the good news on this thread

Anyone done stem cells to help the ovary?

Should we organise a virtual coffee morning with private details for those who attend?

Thanks

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #262 on: 17/02/21, 20:47 »
    Hi

Congrats to all the bumps and little ones

Lovely to hear from the ladyís who were here before...such incredible journeys and all during Covid itís even harder!!

I am day 9 at create last cycle of 3
    With tamaxifin
    Two follicles hardly moving at 5mm
    E2 is below 50
    And Lh was 2 now 11

Should they start stims every other day...everything seem quite...

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #263 on: 19/02/21, 23:09 »
    With E2 so low the Tamoxifen isn't doing much.

My personal experience is that on a naturally long cycle like that the quality isn't great - so I would be tempted to leave it this month and come back next month, but then after so many failures I learnt to cut early when it didn't 'feel' right.  Not everyone follows that philosopy.

If you want to try just to see what happens you could add in a little pergovaris, or something similar.

Offline dorchestor2016

modify
    « Reply #264 on: 20/02/21, 11:39 »
    Hello thanks Queenie
    I feel the same way
    Consultant felt we should carry on
    Some months are good some not

I thought maybe bemfola 75 might help
    Seems like the cycle is still day 1 not 12

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #265 on: 20/02/21, 14:07 »
    I found the trick with a nearly natural approach was to let you body 'tell' you when it was a good month.

You can't spend money every month, and collect every egg.   When you are aiming for just 1 good quality egg don't force the ones that aren't playing ball, spend the money on the next month.

Every time I thought, oh well let's just go for it anyway and collect and see it just 'might' do - I was dissapointed.

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #266 on: 22/02/21, 08:48 »
    Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well. Queenie hope you are feeling ok as you get towards the last part of pregnancy.

Dorchester howís the cycle going?

Iím currently in a 2ww for our only frozen embryo after the cycle getting cancelled last year and having the hysteroscopy. We ended up transferring on a thin lining but on consultation with the consultant and him speaking with the team.

I am just after a bit of advise. So Iím doing a medicated frozen cycle so down reg and estrogen and progesterone. Will AF likely break through anyway or is it likely that because I didnít ovulate that af will hold off until I stop the meds? The reason Iím asking is I had to cancel my 2nd Pfizer vaccine as it was today and Iím in 2ww. If I can try and get it next week and hold off starting my next fresh cycle a bit then that would be great.

Any advise would be fab.

Thanks all. X

Offline kydd081

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #267 on: 23/02/21, 14:47 »
    Hi ladies,

I'm new here and I've been following this thread over the last few weeks - it's been very reassuring to read advice from women on similar journeys, thank you.

I'm 39 and have low AFC of 3 in total and my husband (42) has low sperm count and low on motility and morphology. Last month I had my final cycle of a 3 cycle natural modified package at Create St Pauls. 1st cycle = 2 eggs collected, 1 mature, failed fertilisation (PICSI). 2nd cycle= 1 egg collected, not suitable for ICSI. 3rd cycle = 2 eggs collected, 1 mature, failed fertilisation (PICSI).

The clinic have said it's probably an egg quality issue but they can't be 100% and suggested our only options now are Natural IVF (>5% chance) or DE. Since the final round my husband saw the urologist at Create and was found to have a swollen prostate, so has been on antibiotics for that. We have both started taking ubiquinol and various other supplements and he'd been taking Proxceed prior to our cycles. I have now started taking Proceive Max instead of Wellwoman too. We'd like to try at least one more round so are waiting until April to see if the antibiotics have had any effect on sperm and ubiquinol on egg quality.

We want to get a second opinion, although I'm pretty certain other clinics will say the same, and are interested in whether procedures like IMSI or calcium ionophore can help with the failed fertilisation - Create don't offer these, but I see that CRGH do. I was wondering if any ladies have any experience of these procedures or could suggest any clinics that we haven't looked at? Just not really sure where to turn at the moment and natural IVF seems like it might be more stressful due to the high cancellation rates because of ovulation before EC.

We have had IVF success in the past (with abcIVF -part of CREATE) and had our DD in 2018, who we are eternally grateful for. That was a mild stimulation cycle, 5 eggs collected, 2 blasts, 1 day 5 transfer resulting in DD. We had a FET last year with the remaining blast ending in MC.

Thanks so much.x

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #268 on: 24/02/21, 16:26 »
    Mouse - Congratulations on being in the 2ww.  The only thing to say is do belive it will work - act as if it already has worked, don't stop medication until you have had a blood test to check.   In order to know if your dose of medication is enough to delay AF can you share what does of which meds you are on?  Was this medicated only cycle or did you ovulate as well?  Have you had a progesterone taken to check as well?

kydd081 - Hi and welcome,  I'm so sorry for your recent cycles.  But you are still getting eggs!.  A lot of the descision about where to go and who to go with is personal preference, but I would agree if you are not making more than 1 embryo per cycle then a natural approach is best.
    If your fsh/lh is not too high then really minimal drugs might work for you.

I also agree it is likely to be a mixture of both female and male factors, although now you have fewer eggs and probably poorer quality than a couple of years ago the male may be more important to optimise than before.   Are you able to share you d3 fsh, amh, cycle length (for a normal cycle),  as well as his motilility/morphology?

To a certain extent all things are possible, but OE is hard work and intense on both emotional and financial resources. 

Dorchester - did you leave it this month?  I hope your consultant didn't push you into carrying on if it didn't feel right for you.  It is very hard to walk away early on, but your response to treatment, getting a nice high E2 and low LH really are the best predictors for your egg quality (before egg collection).    It's not their money they are spending, and they don't need to worry about a poor outcome, they just blame it on your eggs, so there isn't much incentive for them to optimise it, just focus on getting an egg, not worry if it's a good one.

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #269 on: 24/02/21, 19:40 »
    Thanks queenie. Iím 7dp5dt today and have a positive test! Feels very early days but hoping it sticks! I still canít really believe it! Iím on 2xestrogen patches, 5x tablets and 2x pesseries. Plus 2x cylogest pessaries. Oh and 75mg aspirin. They did progesterone check on the day of transfer and must have been ok as didnít get a call back. Think I have to take meds till 12 weeks if I get that far.

Iím not sure whether I will bother with bloods as they will just check hsg? Itís a trip up to london and another day off work and not sure if it will add anything.  Will book in for a scan with the clinic. My odt is Saturday so hoping there is still a line on the tests by then!