* Author Topic: Embryo Donation at 42  (Read 2525 times)

0 Members

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
modify
Embryo Donation at 42
« on: 27/01/20, 02:29 »
Hello, starting tests now.  Seriously considering embryo donation.  I'm single. Can't quality for NHS and eyeing overseas treatment.  If any of you ladies have tried this please share your experiences with me?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline andrea75

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #1 on: 27/01/20, 19:40 »
    Hi Iím considering the same although Iím not single x

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #2 on: 27/01/20, 23:16 »
    Hi, I am single, 43 and looking into double donation in the UK so not quite the same atm but have spent some time researching some options abroad ( there is a lot to process ) .  It might be something I chose in the future if these UK  treamtments are not successful but at 43 I am sadly running out of time and it is all very challenging , good luck xx

Offline andrea75

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #3 on: 28/01/20, 07:58 »
    Hi, I am single, 43 and looking into double donation in the UK so not quite the same atm but have spent some time researching some options abroad ( there is a lot to process ) .  It might be something I chose in the future if these UK  treamtments are not successful but at 43 I am sadly running out of time and it is all very challenging , good luck xx

Snowdropwood Iím looking both abroad and in the UK but not sure what UK clinics do this?  Can you help?

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #4 on: 28/01/20, 23:56 »
    hi there,

most uk clinics do egg donation i am guessing, but might have wait lists for egg donation, there fore double donation is possible.  this would be via fresh donor egg cycles by egg donor

in terms of embryo donation, i havent researched this really , abroad there can be the same as above or embryo donation either via embryo adoption of donated embryos created during treatment that people wish to donate to others,  or (donated previously) frozen eggs and frozen sperm . i am only sharing what i have read on here / through contacting clinics.

A big difference  is that the UK / Portugal and a very few others are non anonymous in terms of donors .  Spain , Greece , Cyprus, Prague seem to be the most popular for people from the UK .

I haven't looked in detail beyond the UK (though have at Portugal a bit ) though I may do in the future if the assessment I have lined up in Bristol doesnt move forward. Some other threads on here such as embryo donation / specific countries might have more info too - hope that is some help though xx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #5 on: 29/01/20, 00:07 »
    ps  - sorry to correct my previous note about frozen eggs and sperm, incorrect, I have read about donated eggs and sperm which result in embryos which are frozen for a recipients future use .   x

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #6 on: 29/01/20, 06:43 »
    Hello @snowdropwood we went to Cyprus and the clinic we went to - Dunya IVF - mostly use anonymous donor but they welcomed our known donor.  I think they do embryo donation too.  We have three embies frozen back there.  Check them out.  https://www.dunyaivf.com/en/embryo-donation/

Offline magicpillow

• Gold Member
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #7 on: 1/02/20, 21:05 »
    I did double donation in the UK and I'm 43.  We sourced the sperm donor on the European sperm bank and then waited to be matched with an egg donor.  I did egg sharing so my donor was going through treatment  herself (for male factor) and donated half her eggs to me.  Although I only received 4 eggs (she must have had 8 retrieved), we ended up with 3 good embryos - I'm currently pregnant with one and the other two were frozen.  The donor had already had a child before which gave me confidence. 

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #8 on: 2/02/20, 21:28 »
    Hi there, that is very heartening to read, may things continue well.   x

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #9 on: 4/02/20, 04:21 »

Snowdropwood Iím looking both abroad and in the UK but not sure what UK clinics do this?  Can you help?

Have you had previous IVF treatments?  I think the doctors you consulted before can give you suggestions.  It is hard here though.  Waiting lists are long.  I don't think I want to wait.  So decided to take the leap of faith by going to Cyprus.