* Author Topic: Embryo Donation at 42  (Read 2568 times)

0 Members

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
modify
Embryo Donation at 42
« Reply #10 on: 4/02/20, 04:24 »
Hi, I am single, 43 and looking into double donation in the UK so not quite the same atm but have spent some time researching some options abroad ( there is a lot to process ) .  It might be something I chose in the future if these UK  treamtments are not successful but at 43 I am sadly running out of time and it is all very challenging , good luck xx

Glad to see where are on the same boat, being single in our 40's and all.  Best of luck dear.  Do let me know how you are getting along? 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #11 on: 4/02/20, 04:26 »
    Hello @snowdropwood we went to Cyprus and the clinic we went to - Dunya IVF - mostly use anonymous donor but they welcomed our known donor.  I think they do embryo donation too.  We have three embies frozen back there.  Check them out.  https://www.dunyaivf.com/en/embryo-donation/

Yes they do.  Decided to go there.  So far so good.  Egg donor has started her stims.  How do you rate them overall?  Are there things I need to watch out for?

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #12 on: 4/02/20, 04:30 »
    I did double donation in the UK and I'm 43.  We sourced the sperm donor on the European sperm bank and then waited to be matched with an egg donor.  I did egg sharing so my donor was going through treatment  herself (for male factor) and donated half her eggs to me.  Although I only received 4 eggs (she must have had 8 retrieved), we ended up with 3 good embryos - I'm currently pregnant with one and the other two were frozen.  The donor had already had a child before which gave me confidence.

That is wonderful news!  Did it take you long to go through the process?  Are you willing to share your costs?  Were you NHS funded?  So sorry for all the questions.  I hope you don't mind.

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #13 on: 4/02/20, 23:11 »
    Hi, yes I had recent O/E treatment and advised not to try again but to consider donor eggs. I have appoint in Bristol soon to discuss this . I used Cryos for the sperm bank.  I have decided I would like to use non anonymous donors so other places like Portugal could also be an option  - so going to see what comes of the appointment coming up and go from there. This clinic doesn't have a wait list for E/D which is  a surprise and has an E/D co ordinator who has been helpful.  Really best luck to you in Cyprus x

Offline Linda567

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #14 on: 9/02/20, 17:11 »
    Iíve done embryo donation at CRGW in Wales (with consultations and scans in Bristol). Itís quite a long wait for donated embryos, but a good experience even though it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Now moving on with an egg donor in Athens.

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #15 on: 10/02/20, 07:59 »
    Hello @snowdropwood we went to Cyprus and the clinic we went to - Dunya IVF - mostly use anonymous donor but they welcomed our known donor.  I think they do embryo donation too.  We have three embies frozen back there.  Check them out.  https://www.dunyaivf.com/en/embryo-donation/

Yes they do.  Decided to go there.  So far so good.  Egg donor has started her stims.  How do you rate them overall?  Are there things I need to watch out for?

I was really impressed by their facilities!  Honestly, I didn't expect it.  And they were very sincere and nice, truly wonderful.  Just ask a lot of questions on after care.  Ask about the meds, up to when, where to buy.  Also ask what to do in case there is bleeding and other problems, although most of it will be addressed by your OB back home.

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #16 on: 30/03/20, 12:39 »
    Hi, yes I had recent O/E treatment and advised not to try again but to consider donor eggs. I have appoint in Bristol soon to discuss this . I used Cryos for the sperm bank.  I have decided I would like to use non anonymous donors so other places like Portugal could also be an option  - so going to see what comes of the appointment coming up and go from there. This clinic doesn't have a wait list for E/D which is  a surprise and has an E/D co ordinator who has been helpful.  Really best luck to you in Cyprus x

I had my BFP snowdropwood :)  Were you able to push through?

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #17 on: 30/03/20, 12:43 »
    Iíve done embryo donation at CRGW in Wales (with consultations and scans in Bristol). Itís quite a long wait for donated embryos, but a good experience even though it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Now moving on with an egg donor in Athens.

Sorry about your chemical Linda.  I hope you will have your baby soon.

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #18 on: 30/03/20, 12:45 »

I was really impressed by their facilities!  Honestly, I didn't expect it.  And they were very sincere and nice, truly wonderful.  Just ask a lot of questions on after care.  Ask about the meds, up to when, where to buy.  Also ask what to do in case there is bleeding and other problems, although most of it will be addressed by your OB back home.

Thank you for the tips Maeve, things doing well for you?

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #19 on: 30/03/20, 20:54 »
    This is wonderful news !  You had DD treatment in Cyprus, I assume before all the closures took place ? take good care x