* Author Topic: Embryo Donation at 42  (Read 2523 times)

0 Members

Offline snowdropwood

modify
Embryo Donation at 42
« Reply #20 on: 30/03/20, 20:57 »
Ps I am interested in the 'known donor ' situation at the clinic in Cyprus both for sperm and egg if you have any info ?  I had thought it was not legal here but maybe I was mistaken

Thank you xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #21 on: 5/09/20, 05:17 »
    Hey there snowdropwood - this has been awhile but hopefully this sees you well.  But to answer your question the egg donors in Cyprus are anonymous. Sperm donors you can have anonymous or non-anonymous from sperm banks. If it is a non-anonymous sperm donor from a sperm bank, the identity of the sperm donor is only given to the child when he/she becomes 18 and wants it. The patient can not learn themselves.  But the clinic can explain that to you directly once the process progresses.  So it's best to ask these questions from the get-go.

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #22 on: 5/09/20, 05:26 »
    Hello @snowdropwood we went to Cyprus and the clinic we went to - Dunya IVF - mostly use anonymous donor but they welcomed our known donor.  I think they do embryo donation too.  We have three embies frozen back there.  Check them out.  https://www.dunyaivf.com/en/embryo-donation/

Yes they do.  Decided to go there.  So far so good.  Egg donor has started her stims.  How do you rate them overall?  Are there things I need to watch out for?

I was really impressed by their facilities!  Honestly, I didn't expect it.  And they were very sincere and nice, truly wonderful.  Just ask a lot of questions on after care.  Ask about the meds, up to when, where to buy.  Also ask what to do in case there is bleeding and other problems, although most of it will be addressed by your OB back home.

Thank you for the tips Maeve, things doing well for you?

SingleMommaBe, doing quite fine, thank you dear :)  we have our little pumpkin now - little girl called Willow. ^milestone^
    And you?  I wish you are all well and good.

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #23 on: 10/09/20, 23:53 »
    Huge congratulations Maeve! ^clapping^

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Embryo Donation at 42
    « Reply #24 on: 21/11/20, 06:26 »
    Thank you dear!, She is such an angel now and we look forward to Christmas!