* Author Topic: FET March/April 2020  (Read 9241 times)

0 Members

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
FET March/April 2020
« on: 29/01/20, 21:21 »
Hi

I thought id start a thread of support for all those that are having frozen transfers in March/April.

I will start off...

Im 35. Married with a 4 yr old DS. My cycles are as follows
Cycle#1 - BFP, miscarried
Cycle#2 - BFP, Miscarried
Cycle#3 - BFN
Cycle#4 - BFP, miscarried a twin and had Prem Ds
Cycle#5 - nothing fertilised
Cycle#6 - BFP, miscarried. 3 frosties.

So, its certainly been an eventful journey for me and although i was reasonably clued up about IVF/ICSI, i know NOTHING of FET so im a duck out of water.

Im doing a medicated FET using HRT. My period started last night so i start the nasal spray tomorrow. I have a scan booked in 2 weeks.
I had the nasal spray on cycle 3 and i do recall being very up and down... and snappy!

Im not too sure if my transfer will be the end of feb, or the start of March but for work and time off, im hoping for transfer to be the first friday of March!

I will admit, the last cycle took alot out of me, so i cant really say im excited for this anymore. But got to be in it to win it!

So, all is welcome to join, to share experiences, lend a shoulder and congratulate when the time comes!

😊

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #1 on: 31/01/20, 22:46 »
    Hi Bubbles!

I wasn't really sure where I was fitting into the FET cycle groups now that I am on a long cycle but I saw your note and it looks like we are at a similar stage so here we go...

I am 42, I am married and have a grown up son.

Cycle History

IVF 2016 - This was fertility preservation, 5 Frosties. No transfer.
    FET#1 Oct19 - BFN
    FET#2 Dec19 - Cancelled

This will be FET#3.... It will be my first long protocol, this is day three sniffing. I have to confess that I think I am experiencing side effects already.  Very bad headache over and above my right eye. I really hope that it's not this bad for the next few weeks.

I am also waiting for CT scan results.  This is preventative, making sure that  I am still fit  and well before I am soon to embark on a much longed for pregnancy (Hopefully!)

I am not sure about transfer date either hoping for around end of Feb but probably unlikely. The schedule from the clinic seems to suggest an end of March transfer. I'd love a Thursday or Friday transfer as I'd like to take a few days off work to chill following it. Work for me is tough the first 7-10 days but I will manage as best as I can if conditions look good to go ahead with the transfer.

How do you find the sniffing medication? Any side effects for you?

Jx

Offline sarah13

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #2 on: 1/02/20, 17:12 »
    Hi I will jump on this thread. This will be my 3rd fet.
    I have a four year old boy from my first fet.
    My second fet resulted in bfn.
    This is my last try. We have one frozen embryo left,so it feels like a lot more pressure.just waiting for AF to arrive which will be around 16th feb then I will start my progynova .
    Sarah xxx

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #3 on: 1/02/20, 22:02 »
    Hey everyone:)

Please may I join:) I am starting my umpteenth cycle, i have had a long journey to long to write here but its in my signature. I have a grown up daughter and a natural FET little girl Layla who is 5.l, lost her twin early tho. Over the course of the cycles have had 3 miscarriages.

Our last cycle was our first medical FET and it was cancelled due to the nurses and doctor suspected fluid in my womb. This however was a wrong diagnoses which as you can imagine hurt me because it meant our cycle was cancelled for no reason. The clinic are however amazing and have given us a free medicated FET because of their error and the fact it cost us 1,500 last time which we lost.

Anyway I have my prostap on the 14th February and then a scan on March 5th and all being well i can start the meds. I canyon remember which medicine i start first but ill be on nasal spray and progynova. Fingers crossed all goes well as tjis is our last cycle. Our last 2 embryos will be used.

Offline Ghosttown

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #4 on: 2/02/20, 01:49 »
    I would like to join too! I am having a FET with 2 donor embryos in Prague sometime from March 18 through 25th. Maybe because I'm using donor embryos my protocol is a bit different? I'm just on BCP right now and then after this cycle is over- Feb 26th I believe- and after I get my period- I will start on oral estrogen 3x per day and then a bit later on will start vaginal progesterone also 3x per day. I don't have any sniffing meds! I fear I am missing out! I am also taking prenatal pills, fish oil, CoQ10, a daily baby aspirin, and melatonin 3mg at night. I'm trying to eat more fish and avoid processed foods. My travel arrangements are all done. We fly in to Berlin on March 14th, train to Prague on the 18th. It's all starting to feel very real!

My history in brief: Me, 45, DH 47, no children. We tried IUI's and clomid 10 years ago but then gave up. We decided we were fine being child free and have had a lovely time with a lot of travel and hiking and adventures. Unexplained infertility but most likely low ovarian reserve as I've been in perimenopause for a number of years. And then- I decided I still wanted to try and my husband agreed. Given our age and history we are going straight to donor embryos.

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #5 on: 2/02/20, 09:46 »
    Hi All 😊

I can be known to get rubbish at support threads, if you have a busy few days, you can miss a lot and its hard to catch up! But im gonna to try harder, lol!

Jupiter, ive been following your diary. Your FET's really havent gone to plan have they. Id be so frustrated, which i trust you probably are. Hopefully this time, your body will play ball! 
    How comes the end of March?  That seems quite a long time.
    Im currently on day 4 of sniffing so you are a day ahead of me. The only side effects ive had are left ovary twinges (constant) and the odd hot flush.
    Back in 2013 i had the same nasal spray and i was mean. I was just nasty to anyone i could possibly be nasty too... i really hope this time, its not the same.

Hi Sarah - I know the feeling of having pressure of it being your last go. As hard as it is, got to stay positive and what will be will be. I really want a sibling for DS, however, if we dont, we have plans in place to make sure that DS feels he never missed out, and that he has potentially 'benefitted' by not having a sibling, if that makes sense. Have they said when transfer will be?

886 - We have a bit in common then, with losing a twin and multiple miscarriages. Other than the cancelled FET, will this be your 1st transfer since having Layla.
    The nasal spray is Suprecer (Buserelin) which is what i am on, i will start Progynova soon too.

Ghosttown - haha, please dont feel your missing out. The side affects of the nasal spray can be horrendous as effectively the nasal spray is putting the body into a temporary menopause. I know nothing of FET so i wouldn't know what your protocol is but seems to be an in between of natural and medicated.
    March seems so long away doesnt it? But it will soon come around. With Janaury being a whole year long, february will fly by!

AFM
    I started slimming world last week. I put a stone on after my last chemical pregnancy and christmas and i lost 6lbs already. So i celebrated with a chinese all you can eat last night 🤭
    Im on day 4 of sniffing. No real symptoms as i said except constant twinges.
    This time around, nobody knows. A few people know ive started the process, but ive been very vague on transfer dates. I only wanted them to know to allow leeway (is that the correct spelling?) in case i upset anyone 😂
    I started sniffing on day 2 of period, which promptly stopped my period, but i believe i will come back on in the next week or so. My (.)(.) are becoming sore so AF could be on its way... again.
    I have a scan on Feb 13th then hopefully, i will start Progynova which i believe i will take for at least 12 days.
    I will admit, im not excited. The last chemical i had which was in November, zapped all i had out of me, including my excitement and my will to carry on in my efforts of trying for a sibling. But im now in a position ive never been in, which is having, not only frosties, but really good quality frosties, i cant just end it now. I have to use them.

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #6 on: 2/02/20, 09:47 »
    Apologies.... that was a really long post!

Offline sarah13

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #7 on: 2/02/20, 16:06 »
    Hi bubbles
    My clinic havenít said when transfer will be ,but iv worked dates out and if all goes to plan it should be sometime in the first week of March.im drinking ginger and lemon tea cos I heard ginger can warm the womb and help implantation. Iím not keen on it but will drink one a day. We will try anything wonít we 🤷🏻‍♀️ Xx

Offline sarah13

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #8 on: 2/02/20, 16:11 »
    Also my af wonít be 16 th , should be 11th. I worked my date out wrong🤦‍♀️ X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #9 on: 2/02/20, 18:36 »
    Ah, thats a brucey bonus that your period will be here earlier than you thought..
    Im starting to think my timings are slightly optimistic and transfer will be later than i first thought. I guess i will find out more at my next scan

Yuk! Ginger tea 🤮. I hate ginger. In fact, i dont like any any tea unless its proper tea!
    To be honest, ive been there, tried all the things you hear that helps and it didnt make a blind bit of difference. My latest cycle, i didnt diet, drank wine right up until Stims started and it was my best cycle yet.
    Im just a believer in what will be will be. I think its all down to luck. That said, i do eat my brazil nuts for the first 5 days after transfer.... just in case, lol. But that's it.
    However, i totally understand why women will try all the recommendations. Its for hope, to make sure we have done as much as possible to get that baby.

X