* Author Topic: FET March/April 2020  (Read 9217 times)

0 Members

Offline JippyBoo

modify
FET March/April 2020
« Reply #150 on: 13/03/20, 14:41 »
Had confirmation this morning from my clinic that FET is cancelled due to travel ban and that I need to contact them again in late April. So it seems they're not expecting the ban to be lifted for at least a month and a half...... :'(

Good luck to everyone who does manage to have their FET this month and next......

Jippy
xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ForeverHope

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #151 on: 13/03/20, 15:19 »
    Oh JippyBoo I am so sorry 😢 I completely understand your feeling of needing the FET to help you heal...I think having the hope to focus on helps as well.
    Can you spend this next 4-6 weeks getting your body in the best possible state to welcome your frostie? (I know itís not much of a silver lining 😔).
    When my fresh cycle failed at Christmas, I decided to use the 3 months I had to wait for FET, overhauling my diet, sleep & general self-care. Talked to my Acupuncturist about a programme to prepare my body for supporting a pregnancy etc. It was the only way I could focus forward instead of just being sad that my ďtextbook embryosĒ hadnít survived.
    Sending you a big hug xxx

8868dee: yep it hurt but a means to an end 🙏🏼 Took about 30-40 mins as they did it 3 times (donít know if thatís standard). Probably doesnít hurt at all for some people, depending on position of cervix etc. Iíve still got some cramps & bleeding after 24 hours but itís definitely settling down 🤞🏼

Sending lots of love & positivity to everyone. I canít help thinking that they might soon stop all unnecessary NHS procedures (Iím private but in an NHS Unit, so probably the same) at some point 😔 guess itís all out of hands at the moment.

Take care xxx

Offline taraeob

• Gold Member
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #152 on: 13/03/20, 19:57 »
    At least you got an email Jippy, it was more than they sent me  :(  I'm devastated, my day 12 scan was due Monday, and I even booked other flights in order to travel so I am at the loss of 5 flights! I know I shouldn't complain, I am lucky to be healthy but I am still so disappointed.  Its like its just not meant to be.   :-[  I just want to cry right now, I really wish my hubby was here  :-[

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #153 on: 13/03/20, 21:36 »
    Jippy: i am so very sorry love :(

Forever: aww sounds awful love but yeah I understand if it helps itís totally worth it x i am thinking the same about stopping all procedures x wales has stopped all non essential ones , j understand tho even if i donít like it.

Tara: oh sweet i sm so so sorry this is also happening to u xx 😘

Afm: i have my scan on Tuesday 17th at 11am which I honestly donít know if will happen. X

Offline taraeob

• Gold Member
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #154 on: 13/03/20, 21:46 »
    Thanks 8868dee X

ForeverHope, I look forward to hearing how you get on after the endo scratch, maybe I will consider something like that while I'm in limbo! :)

Offline JippyBoo

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #155 on: 14/03/20, 14:39 »
    taraeob - did they not contact you at all? I emailed them to get confirmation and they then sent the email through confirming all was cancelled. As our flights were cancelled we got a refund from Ryanair and we were also able to cancel the hotel luckily.
    I also had my scan booked for Sunday and had to cancel that too.....its totally devastating tbh  :'(

Offline taraeob

• Gold Member
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #156 on: 14/03/20, 17:01 »
    My flights were into Austria and Prague so not cancelled yet but still might be.  At least there is no charge for changing them now.  No I had to contact them and they never even told me what to do regarding meds- do I just stop all of a sudden, gradually come off?? I thought it was really bad form.  Hope you're doing ok.

Offline lori84

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #157 on: 14/03/20, 18:01 »
    Iím sorry to hear that you guys are having you cycles cancelled, I canít imagine how your feeling right now about it xx

Offline JippyBoo

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #158 on: 15/03/20, 17:49 »
    Oh taraeob that's terrible! I know flights to Austria aren't cancelled but all the traffic (bus and train) from Austria was banned from entering the CR even before the UK ban came into effect.

I was told what to do with my medications, but they were a bit stroppy when I asked whether they had any further info about whether I should take the bcp to ensure I'm ready for when the ban is lifted and just told me to contact them at the end of April.... But I will probably email them in a. couple of weeks time to ask again and see if they have any updates for me.... I should imagine they'd be in crisis mode tbh as there will be lots of ladies who were supposed to be going over for egg retrieval that will have had to have been cancelled and I imagine they'd have to manage their withdrawal from medication very carefully.....

Have you tried contacting your co-ordinator? Mine was supposed to be out of the office until Monday but still emailed me on Friday.....

ForeverHope - I had an end scratch with the cycle that produced my son and tried to have one with this last cycle that ended in ectopic........but the clinic I had it at stopped doing it due to the research that showed it had no positive effect and I couldn't find another one that did it at all. Do you mind me asking which clinic you had it done at?

Jippy
    xxxx

Offline taraeob

• Gold Member
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #159 on: 15/03/20, 19:26 »
    Thanks Jippy, I've decided to look at it as a blessing.  I don't think it would have worked.  This gives me the time to prepare better.  I am thinking I will look into getting an endo scratch this cycle and then look at cycling again next cycle.  So many ladies seem to have had success after the scratch. 

If I wanted to go about finding out if I had an autoimmune disorder, what would I need to do? Is it an ANA Blood test?

So including my cycle that was just cancelled, I will have been through 7 cycles, (3frozen) in the last 6 years. Does anybody know if it safe to keep trying?  I worry about the use of hormones and an increased risk of cancer? Just wondering if anyone has done any research or could enlighten me- I am a bit of a worrier if you couldn't tell.. :)