* Author Topic: FET March/April 2020  (Read 6589 times)

0 Members

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
FET March/April 2020
« Reply #40 on: 24/02/20, 19:53 »
Oh how the other FET half live Bubbles! ;D Hahaha!

How wonderful to have a transfer date! It's literally around the corner for you now!

All in all, how long were you on the oestrogen to build back up your lining?  What happens next for you between now and transfer?

Where is everyone else in their cycle?

AFM... Yup, you know it, my crazy body is doing whatever it feels like. Mrs Bennet may be starting to play ball reluctantly perhaps.  I guess we will find out at the scan....  I had wanted to be PUPO by now and it seems very far off despite all the months passing by. I am getting slightly worried that after all the efforts, ups and downs for this incredibly long cycle, I am worried that should I be unlucky and get another BFN I will struggle more than last time. It's been such a long build up and still isn't finished!

Oh well one step at a time.

Jx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #41 on: 24/02/20, 20:35 »
    You have more patience than me J!

However, i would try and flip how your are thinking. Instead of thinking about a BFN... try and think that someone is putting you through your paces to get you to your BFP.
    Did they say what will happen at your next scan if all goes well?

Yeah, not long now... im not very patient at all. I just want all of this over with. I just want to know what my future holds so i can close the door and move on, which ever way it goes.

So, i have been on oestrogen for 12 days so far. My clinic told me i had to be on it for a minimum of 12 days before they would consider transfer. Once you have been on them 12 days, they scan you and if all is well, you then have to start the cyclogest 5 days before transfer.

I cant wait to stop sniffing and have a somewhat normal tolerance level again! 

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #42 on: 24/02/20, 23:14 »
    Bubbles, I think it more of a case of resignation versus patience.  I am keeping the faith that the fertility clinic with some extra pestering from me, will get me to transfer.  It does feel like the approach for me in my unique circumstances is a little bit of trial and error, well considered and well thought through I am sure. Nevertheless the one size fits all clearly isn't for me and Mrs Bennet!

You are right. I do need to hold on to the positivity!  I won't really know what happens next until they confer with Mrs Bennet...

I suppose if I follow your pattern I won't transfer for another 18 days! Let's just call it three weeks. Good grief, I really hope it's not going to take that long! It's smack bang in a busy period, the busiest period. I don't mind if it's going to be a BFP ;D

What's the new house like? 

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #43 on: 25/02/20, 08:50 »
    Oh im all for pestering! Your body is definitely making sure its getting its moneys worth!

Yeah, 3 weeks seems a long time, however, I've always had an inkling when my transfer is (purely by fluke of correctly working it out) and i was thinking (what seems like the other day) that i still had 3 weeks to go... and that honestly seems likes days ago! It soon flies by!

When you say busy... is that work busy?

House is lovely. Its double the size of my current house. I just need to fill it!

Im really unsure whether to take baby aspirin to prevent recurrent miscarriage....
    My RM doc says not too as there is no evidence i need it but i cant help but feel surely it wont hurt. Then begs the next question..
    When to start!

Lori - good luck on your scan today :-)

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #44 on: 25/02/20, 12:49 »
    Bubbles: no love not very comforting at all love x yeah ha ha i will be making doubly sure lol. No nothing yet but its been almost 2 weeks now so Doubt ill feel any now lol. Ooh excited for your transfer love xx makes total sense having it on the Wednesday love gives u more rest time :) . I hated moving houses lol so much to do ha ha

Lori: ahh ok I wondered why you had patches. I understand tho if u need them fair enough hopefully it will give you the boost u need for ur cycle

Juipter: keep up ur pma hun u never know x am routing for you

Afm: so prostap was on 14th and not much happening since, my normal AF was due Saturday but not here yet so ghat will be due to the prostap. Just waiting now until the 5th March for scan 1 and to get my tablets and nasal spray x

Offline lori84

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #45 on: 25/02/20, 14:49 »
    Well my scan was a little bit of a rollarcoaster. My lining was 8.3mm but there was fluid which was 2.2mm so the lining was only 6.1mm which is fine to transfer with. So the plan for me is to get scanned at 8.20 on day of transfer which is the 5th March and if the fluid isn't any worse then they will warm the embryo up and I will go back to the hospital for the transfer. If the fluid is worse then they will abandon this cycle and I will have to start again. I got the impression that they will do the transfer as they aren't concerned about the fluid.

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #46 on: 25/02/20, 19:34 »
    @ Lori, how are you feeling about it all? It's good that they are not concerned about the liquid, did they say why it was there? Surprisingly fluid is one thing Mrs Bennet has yet to throw at me but there is still time... ;D
    I guess the most important thing is that you understand and are comfortable. My fertility doctor is always telling me that after he shares his thoughts for each stage.

@ Bubbles
    I was actually thinking that I wouldn't mind a bigger place.  All being well we'll all still fit but it's nice to feel like you have some space to play around with.

If something can't hurt I always think we'll why not then. Maybe just be honest and ask your doctor ifyou were to go down that road, how much would you take and for what duration.

Yes, March is shaping up to be a crazy one work wise, this is why I was really hoping to have progressed further. In any case there is nothing I can do about now except try to manage it all as best as I can and hope that my body behaves and does the rest for me!

@ 886
    Ahhhh, the waiting.... We must all surely have the patience of a saint! It's crazy how fast when great stuff is happening. Weekends are like a blink!  Hopefully your AF will show up soon for you, I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for the cheerleading! This is some long cycle, hoping it's true about getting good things following a long wait...

AFM..... AF still in situ and although it's a full flow it's probably about half as heavy as my normal ridiculous cycles. Not sure if this good or bad....it almost feels like I actually am not cycling at all if it were not for the daily emotional sword play with the Devils Mist....

Offline lori84

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #47 on: 26/02/20, 08:41 »
    @Jupiter - They have no idea why its there and along as I have had no bleeding they were happy to keep going. They said by Next Thursday it could be gone but that's why they want to scan me before they start thawing an embryo because if it is worse then they will abandon the cycle but hopefully it's either gone or stayed the same and we can transfer then.

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #48 on: 26/02/20, 22:28 »
    Hey :-)

886 - i found this down regulating bit all a bit crap! Lots of waiting around, not knowing if its doing what it should be but your nearing the end now :-).
    Its literally countdown to every appointment (yours is 7 days btw 😂)

Lori - im glad the clinic arent too concerned. They probably get this alot and i know ive read on the internet that it happens a bit. Hopefully all will be ok. Im sure it will be and then you can join me on the 2w torture!

Jupiter  - If you intend on being at work in your 2ww, then perhaps its a good thing to be busy. Will keep your mind of testing.

AFM - I think im getting poorly 😪. My throat is so sore, i cant sleep (hence why im posting to you fine people) so i think a cold is in its way. I just hope it comes and goes by Wednesday.
    Back to the docs with my mum. They are pushing through CT scans and respiratory clinic apps to 'rule out cancer'  but all this rushing is making me worry.

My face is an utter mess, dry patches of skin, spots and just look generally shite 😔

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #49 on: 27/02/20, 17:53 »
    Lori: did they say where thr fluid came from or possibly came from ? My last cycle i was told it had to be cancelled due to fluid in my womb which it wasnít it was a burst cyst which they should if known thats why i am getting this cycle free coz of their error. The fact they arenít concerned with the fluid is a good sign and fingers crossed on the 5th all csn go ahead with transfer.

Jupiter: thanks so much love ha ha yeah I agree deffo a saint lol. My af arrived yesterday un full flow so that is good, however like urs mine is lighter than normal but guess that is the prostap lol

Bubbles: ha ha thanks for that lol, ur too funny. I Canít wait to actually start my meds lol doesnt feel real that Iím actually doing a cycle lol.

Afm: so my scan is next week 5th wnd I canít wait now. My af arrived in full flow yesterday after me saying that it was late lol. My hubby also went on his trip yesterday so just gotta get on with it. I really want to have a positive for him to come home to. It really would make all the years of him being deployed worth it ya know coz without his job we wouldnít be able to afford ivf. We r extremely lucky x