* Author Topic: FET March/April 2020  (Read 7694 times)

0 Members

Online Pritamin

• Gold Member
modify
FET March/April 2020
« Reply #70 on: 2/03/20, 11:23 »
I like a busy thread but itís hard to keep up especially on the phone.

Bubbles - Iím on Buserelin injection not, on nasal spray. Never had the spray, I guess my clinic doesnít use it.
Re side effects - no matter what I do I steadily put on on weight and it really annoys me.

886 - yeah, youíre right, looks like weíll have transfer around the same time, all going well with downregging and all.

Jupiter - sounds like youíre having a tough time this cycle but fingers crossed youíll soon be over this rather big jump. Iím not eating anything particular to help with lining. I found that when I tried too hard my cycles didnít work. When I didnít give two toss about it, it did. But thatís just me

Tara - welcome. Iím really sorry about your BFN. Which clinic are you with? Sounds much like an ARGC protocol.
Re Buserelin and Progynova. They start you on Buserelin to suppress you ovaries, practically put you in The menopause so they can gain full control over your body. they then kick  start your system with progynova to build up your lining ready for transfer. Does this make sense?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #71 on: 2/03/20, 20:42 »
    Prit.. its only got a bit busy in the last few days, but like you, i struggle. Not for time as such but it just gets irritating doing it on my phone.
    Its crap that you are putting on weight. I struggle with my weight to. Ive been on slimming world since before i was born. Ive had success though. U lost 4.5 stone for IVF which resulted in my son. Then put 3.5 stone back on in pregnancy. Which i have lost again.

AFM - so we have finally had the go ahead to move a week on friday and the realisation has hit me. What the hell am i playing at!!! Haha! I must be mad, moving in my 2ww. I did intend to get as much as i could done before transfer, but failed. DS has come home with Homework that will probably take up most of tomorrow evening.
    New worries are setting in as i get closer. Not worries as such, just odd negative thoughts that the embryo doesnt thaw out, or none of them do...
    I dont know how or when they thaw them out but i know that i will be called first thing Wednesday morning with my time slot. It will either be late morning, or early afternoon.
    I plan on picking DS up from school, he can have a maccys, and i intend to veg out in front of the sofa until Saturday!

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #72 on: 2/03/20, 21:27 »
    Jupiter: Over the years I have seen people post about eating certain things and not eating other things but I havenít really followed to be honest, I am keen to find out more though. I am a huge coffee drinker tho and i do switch to de caff.

Bubbles: I am keeping all my everything crossed for you and Pma pma sending ur way x its normal to have thoughts like that i do constantly. My embies are less grades than they were last time so im keeping everything crossed they thaw well and snuggle in nicely x aww good for u to veg out. If my transfer is around the 25th i am hoping itís after the 27th but I know it will be before then as i have a Law exam (online multiple choice test) on the 26th March. Absolutely typical lol x

Pritamin: sounds like my clinic is opposite lol they use the prostap to surpress ovaries then as that only last 25 days they switch to buserilin lol strange they all do it different x yay a transfer buddy all being well x

Afm: i have my scan in Thursday whoop finally starting my meds x

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #73 on: 3/03/20, 19:14 »
    Hey.

Thank you 886 🤞🤞

One of the luxuries with FET is that they can play about with dates a little. Im sure they could delay for 2 days, its deffo worth the ask.

Jupiter - how are you?

Lori - Not long til transfer, what time do you have to be there by on Thursday? (Im sure you did say)

Hubby is poorly (V&D) which means he cant make transfer tomorrow. So im going to have to go on my own. He said if our slot was after 1pm, he would come, but he works nights and as he didnt sleep much today, i think its better he stays home and sleeps.

Im enjoying a nice hot bath as i type as i wont be able to have one for 2 weeks, and hopefully longer!

Oh, i really hope my little frosted human makes it through the thaw!

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #74 on: 3/03/20, 21:06 »

@Bubbles
    Wooo-hooo, it's almost transfer day!!!  Yay Bubbles!!!

It's great that you have taken this cycle very much within your stride and I am sure that tomorrow will be no different. The important thing is that you will have your defrosted little human on board. Amazing! Good luck...you won't really need it....

@Lori
    Not long for you either. Yay Lori! How are you feeling now that it is so close....?

@886
    I am sure that revision for a law exam will keep you mighty busy and it will soon be your turn to transfer. I would agree with Bubbles that there may be some leverage to adjust your dates. No harm in asking in any case..

@Pritamin
    To be honest I have had such a journey simply to get to transfer I'll quit whilst I am ahead. I have heard of eating Brazil Nuts and that is an easy one so that may be as far as I go on the dietary mission.

AFM I am fairly certain that Mrs Bennet is having an absolute stellar time getting thick for transfer. It's written all over my face. Literally.  I have an enormous mountain of a spot on my chin and his little brother not too far away on the side of my face. Both look well fed and angry. They will definitely leave their mark before I evict them!

I still feel a tad queasy due to the pills. I had headaches the first day or two, I am hoping that this has passed now that my body is getting reaquainted with my hormones.

Starting to feel a little bit excited but trying to keep my feet on the ground just in case when they check the lining it's not as they had hoped. When I actually have a transfer date and can stop sniffing there will definitely be some well earned celebrations!

Jx

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #75 on: 4/03/20, 09:01 »
    Eurgh...

Slowly going crazy here. Still no call.... im thinking all sorts!

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #76 on: 4/03/20, 09:03 »
    Did they say that they would call or is it no news is good news re embryo defrosting?

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #77 on: 4/03/20, 09:09 »
    They have to call to give me my transfer time 😔.

Im worried that either the 1st embryo didnt survive and they are thawing another, hence why its taking so long. Or they have forgot.

I dont know what time to give it before i call them

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #78 on: 4/03/20, 09:22 »
    Call them now to ask roughly what time they will be ringing later to confirm transfer time. Eliminate the stress.

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    FET March/April 2020
    « Reply #79 on: 4/03/20, 09:24 »
    God. Now im even more worried.

I just called them. The receptionist was pretty short with me on the phone telling me they will call me. That the embryo's are in the thawing process so may not call first thing. She then went on to say that they dont want to call with a time too early as some embryo's dont survive and thats why they delay calling.

Talk about putting my mind at ease! Not!
    I have a bad feeling :-(