* Author Topic: Treatment Chat 2020  (Read 2303 times)

0 Members

Offline Mees_2020

modify
Treatment Chat 2020
« Reply #20 on: 5/07/20, 23:02 »
Hi ladies,

Sorry to hear Pollita... times change so fast on the work-field. Hope you find a job soon. Keep writing, keep telling all around you what you can and like to do and you may even need to be just a little bit smarter (or with more guts) to get a job. A friend of mine went on her bike and walk in all kinds of facilities, stores etc and had the luck to have a click with one of the owners and got an opportunity. You need a little luck!

BroodySingle, omg you had covid?! It's nice you started the sims. That's exciting. Good for you, you could manage on your own! It takes some courage to inject. I'm glad I do not have to do that any more, but if that is what it takes to have a baby, I'll do it all over again.

Hi Snowdropwood, why are you drained?

Afm I will try to have a FET in August. It seems to be possible to fly to Cyprus (with 2 times a covid test --> ai, not funny). I can not wait longer with my age and the uncertainty of an other covid-uprais in winter. I'm now physically fit and mentally excited, so here I go... again.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Treatment Chat 2020
    « Reply #21 on: 9/07/20, 00:37 »
    Hi all,

well i am drained because of the drugs, work, and the cumulative stress of what I am going through. I am really exhausted tbh. It is so very strange to be going through this alone - i generally say to family / occasionally to friends ' I am going to an appointment / I will continue to try until I cant go through it anymore ' but there is no point in describing the specifics eg. ET , 2 week wait etc.    I hope to have an E/T quite soon as am taking buserilin  after covid shut down and then last month the protocol wasnt the right one so here i am again, i will be driving 2 hours to the clinic ......I just feel like simple things would really help right now,  occasionally someone to make me dinner or a lift to the clinic .  Now that i know how tired the drugs for the FET protocol are making me feel , I have to be realistic about long i can continue / how many attempts i can go through . 

I think going through this alone , after so many years and attempts is extriodinary and brave. I think endlessly about the ethical decision to try to have a family solo at 43 and whether I have enough love and how i can navigate this all alone.  For now I take it day by day but really weary tbh keeping all the balls in the air x

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    Treatment Chat 2020
    « Reply #22 on: 9/07/20, 16:11 »
    There's a lot going on with you and inside you. I can't imagine that you could only be happy-hopping in live at this stage. And I took a look at your postings. Interesting! And lady, you write a lot!  ;D

I don't understand. You are so well informed and well prepared. You have made such considered choices. These were far from easy. And off course that's mentally heavy. But you have figured it out (vigorously!) and your doing the right thing. You might, or should be also a little more proud. Tap yourself on the shoulder women!

Don't make yourself to much dependent on the understanding of others. If you want to inform them, just do it how you wish to do it, but they will not be able to truly understand what you are going through... that's just impossible. Tell them how interesting the technics are, how beautiful it is you can have a donor and might carry a child within you, ask them how it felt, how exciting it was for them, tell them how you love to have a child like they do, ask them about the first time they felt life. Make a connection with them from their point of view. You need these connections; now and most certainly when your wish comes true and it will be all about the bringing up of a child ;) That's when they can relate to you much better.

You can not change the past (the hours you traveled, the loneliness while making decisions, the effects of all transfers and medication...). Don't make it just a list of burden you have to drag along. It is difficult enough without the history of it all. Arrange the things you need to do; drive, do paperwork, swallow/sting yourself with the needles and get it over with. If you have to cook for yourself, make it healthy, look at it and be proud: You did it again! For you ánd for a nice warm nest you are building. And if you don't feel like cooking, dare to invite yourself (really that's oké... would you mind if a friend asked you?...) or eat a red pepper for appetizer, a handful of different nuts, some grains and veggie yogurt with orange juice.

You want to be a mommy! How beautiful is that?! And you just started with total donation. You have so much more changes now! Take yourself for a slow walk in a park, look at the treas, the leafs. There might be a time when you walk there with a very small person who will look at the tree for the first time... Imagine how that works, how will the little one see the movement of the treas, how will the sounds enter, how will the wind feel. Get your focus back to you and your beautiful wish.

You are a loving person and you are preparing for a very welcome boy or girl. Everyone who had read your story knows you have lots of love to give and you will do so fine. You are preparing for years now to do it on your own. You are ready! Get nice, give a little love for you. You deserve that!

I hope to follow your example in August. I hope to have an embryo donation and will start soon with medication... It's an interesting fase of life.
    An for a long story, short: come on with all those baby's  ;D

Wish you the best!

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Treatment Chat 2020
    « Reply #23 on: 9/07/20, 19:29 »
    Thank you for all your encouragement and thoughts  - all really helpful.  I think there is the cumulative effects of medical problems which started when I was 21 with surgery and a very long journey of relationships / IVF / trying to find a known donor / own egg IVF / DD IVF and the covid cancellations within the context of a family who have not been very supportive which is tiring. .  This is the same for many people of course , I do feel determined and proud and grateful for the opportunity now and all the support esp from others who have walked this path previously or who are also doing so now, I also wish you good things very soon with your next step x