* Author Topic: March / April 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 3607 times)

0 Members

Offline lmcmillan28829

modify
March / April 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #20 on: 20/02/20, 18:26 »
Hi Broodysingle. Hope you are well. I think it is only natural for us to overthink especially on this crazy journey. I feel its so easy to think negative then if its positive its bonus. I wish I was just a positive Annie and didnt stress to much but it's one thing I am trying and working on this time.

I have finished work for at least a month now so hoping to have lots of chilled days.

No AF yet she's due Monday the chocolate cravings have started so hoping she makes an appearance soon. x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 20/02/20, 22:59 »
    Hi lmc, thank you!  Ouch, I can't imagine having four out at the same time!!  That must have hurt.  I hope that AF arrives for you soon and doesn't keep you waiting.  Chocolate cravings are a good sign she is on her way.  Everything crossed!!  Good that you also have some time off work.

My jaw is still very sore BroodySingle!  I'm going to the dentist tomorrow as the pain can't be normal.  I haven't ever had an adult tooth removed before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I can definitely say this has been quite a painful experience!  I have a huge bruise on my face too!  Haha the drugs mixing takes a couple of attempts before you're totally comfortable doing it.  Don't worry, it will be fine when you come to do it.  There are loads of videos on YouTube if you search, which will show you exactly how to do it if you get stuck.  To get the liquid back into the syringe, just tilt the vial on a slight angle and make sure the bore of the needle is facing to the side of the vial, then draw it back in slowly.  Please try not to worry about the implications counselling.  I was concerned about mine too before I went and it was absolutely fine.  They are just there to talk through the implications of using a donor.  I didn't find it judgemental in any way in that I might get my cycle cancelled if I said the wrong thing, although I did have these concerns too before I went.  But the best thing you can do is be very open about any concerns you have (if any) so you can talk them through.  The session is for you, and not to assess you.  Have you been in contact with he DCN?  That is a good place to start.

Ducky1, thank you!!  I hope you are doing OK.  I don't know how down regulation works, will you start stimulation injections in March or April?

AFM - My drugs arrived today so it's starting to feel very real!  Drugs appointment on Monday and I could be starting the Norethisterone anytime from Tuesday onwards! xx

Offline BroodySingle

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Ever hopeful
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 24/02/20, 15:07 »
    Hi ladies,

Sorry, have had a bit of a manic time so a bit late in my reply!

lmcmillan28829 - today's the day for AF - I have everything crossed she arrives on time!  ^pray^

shootingstar777 - thanks for your wise words. I've just joined the DCN (although a little confused with how it works ATM). They have some really great resources that, if I'm lucky enough to be successful, I'd want to use. The meds are the one really horrid part for me doing it alone...no one else to help me when I'm panicking. And I have no doubt I'll be worrying the whole time I'm doing it wrong!  ;D Hope your drugs appointment went okay today. Exciting that you're starting tomorrow!!!

Ducky1 - How are you getting on? Am I right in thinking you've got less than 2 weeks to go?

AFM, I'm itching to get started. I checked my ovulation this month (as given my AMH etc. I was worried I wasn't) but I got a peak reading so that's eased my mind a bit. :) I have 15 days ( there or thereabouts) to go until AF arrives and I can start my first cycle. The waiting is the killer - I'm going to be a hot mess if I make it to the 2WW  ;D

xxx

Offline lmcmillan28829

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 24/02/20, 22:00 »
     So the woman hasn't arrived yet typical shes arriving late when I'm ready and waiting to start.

Shooting did you take Norethisterone last cycle I'm chatting with a girl iwho has just been told she has to take it they never mentioned it to her at her other appts so shes a bit gutted she inst starting her injections. Is it 10 days then once you get day 1 bleed you call the clinic?
    How did your drug appt go?

Broodysingle it will fly by the waiting is just the worst and unfortunately for me it just got worse the further along I got.

x

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 25/02/20, 20:13 »
    Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing OK?

Sorry to hear AF is keeping you waiting lmc!  Just typical isn't it?!  I haven't ever taken Norethisterone before.  I wasn't wanting to start stimulation until March so it all worked out well for me.  You take it for 10 days from around day 16 then after you stop, you get a bleed, and then have a baseline scan, and start injections.  I reckon mine will be starting on the 12th March.  Drug appointment went well thanks!  I start the Norethisterone tomorrow and my baseline scan is booked for the 12th!  I hope AF starts for you soon so you can get going.  You will be having EC around the same time as I start injecting!

Hope you are doing OK BroodySingle?  Great to hear you have joined the DCN.  It has lots of helpful resources.  Try not to worry about the medication, you do get used to doing it.  We'll hopefully be starting around the same time so can cheer each other on!  Great news that you got your ovulation peak so you can be more sure of when you will start!!

lori84, how did your scan go today?  I hope you're all set for your FET?

Ducky1 and HopingToBeAMammyNo2 - How are you both?

I had my drugs appointment yesterday, and will start the Norethisterone tomorrow for 10 days.  Baseline scan is booked for 12th March so hopefully will be starting injections on the 12th or thereabouts.  Excited to be starting soon! xx

Offline BroodySingle

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Ever hopeful
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 28/02/20, 12:59 »
    Happy Friday ladies! :)

LMC, you're right - the waiting is the worst part. I'm literally ticking off days on the calendar until AF arrives. Don't think I've ever done that before!!!  ;D Any update on your AF? She's a trickster alright. Whenever you want her to keep her distance she comes knocking at your door with her luggage for a full week's sit-in. And then, when you invite her to come over she vanished! Evil little minx if you ask me!  >:(

Shootingstar - It'll be great to have someone going through similar at the same time. :) How are you?

Lori - how did your scan go?

Ducky & Mammy - how are you both?

AFM, I'm feeling a little down at the moment. I'm not a patient person at the best of times and this waiting is killing me. I've never known time to go so slowly. I'm also massively missing my best friend right now as she would have been my main confidante going through this...but sadly she passed away in May last year from breast cancer and, although she's never far from my thoughts, I'm missing her more at the moment. Work is also going through a massive organisation re-structure and I'm not sure what lies ahead for me. I'm quite unique in my role and I'm not sure how I'll align to the new proposed structure.

I'm going to see one of my close friends this evening so hopefully that'll perk me up and I'll bounce back in a few days.

Sorry for the moan, and hope you're all well!  :-* :-* :-*

xxx

Offline lori84

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 28/02/20, 14:10 »
    Hi All

I have been quiet as had a hectic couple of weeks. So scan was a little up and down. I have fluid in my lining was 8.3mm but there was fluid which was 2.2mm so the lining was only 6.1mm which is fine to transfer. So they have decided to scan me before transfer, so I get scanned on 5th March at 8.20 and if the fluid is gone/stayed the same then they will go ahead a thaw the embryo and I will transfer later that day, so a little bit of a rollarcoaster. I finished the nasal spray last night and started the pesasries this morning.

xx

Offline BroodySingle

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Ever hopeful
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 28/02/20, 14:26 »
    Keeping everything crossed for you Lori!  ^pray^

xxx

Offline lmcmillan28829

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 28/02/20, 17:18 »
    Hey

Good luck Lori have everything crossed for you. Its. nothing but stress this journey theres always something to hurdle over.

Aww broody single hope you are ok. So sorry to hear about your best friend. We are here whenever you need a chat.

Shooting how are you getting on with the drug??

AFM the woman finally arrived this morning in full force. I have spoken with the clinic and I am to start injections tomorrow night. Arghhh. I am having a scan on day 5 as they have upped my dosage this time to coincide that I actually do have two ovaries and not one, then another on day 10 and hopefull egg collection a few days later. It's all real now.

xx

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 28/02/20, 20:00 »
    Hi everone,

lmc, I seem to be OK so far on the Norethisterone, but it's only been three days so perhaps the effects are still to come.  Yeay, AF is here for you!!  Fantastic news that you can start tomorrow, how exciting!!  I'm also going to have a scan on day 5 or 6 to check I'm not over-responding (which is probably highly unlikely given my age).  Wishing you all the very best for your cycle, first injection tomorrow and scan on Wednesday! :)

Wow yes that does sound like a bit of a rollercoaster for you Lori.  I hope that the fluid has cleared by the time of your next scan.  Wishing you luck for the coming week!

Happy Friday to you too BroodySingle!  I'm really sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down.  The waiting really is tough going and none of the stages are easy.  I'm also very sorry to read about the loss of your friend last year, that is really sad ^hugme^  It sounds like you have a few things on your mind at the moment with stuff going on at work.  Always hard when there is a restructure.  Would you consider a change in role or modification to your existing role if it meant you aligned better with the new structure?  I hope that whatever happens in the coming weeks brings some clarity.  Do you know when you will know for sure what's happening?  Have a good evening with your friend and I hope that you are feeling a little better soon.  Did you have the counselling? xx

AFM - I am on day 3 of Norethisterone.  I've been really poorly all week with a high temperature and dreadful sore throat (so sore that it's hard to swallow) all week.  I hope I'm better before I'm due to start and the illness doesn't affect treatment xx