* Author Topic: March / April 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 3604 times)

0 Members

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
modify
March / April 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #40 on: 11/03/20, 22:15 »
Hi everyone,

gumdrops - Welcome to the thread!  Wishing you all the best for your cycle.  From what I understand, 13mm is excellent.  I don't know too much about it but couldn't a triple stripe appear in the next few days?  It's a little while before transfer yet so there is time.  I actually can't remember ever wondering about the triple stripe thing but I might ask next time.

lori84 - Congratulations on being PUPO!  Really glad to hear that the fluid cleared and you were able to transfer.  I hope the symptoms mean positive things for you - fingers crossed!

lmc - Fantastic news that you are all ready for EC, wishing you all the best for Friday!

Saltysea - Welcome to the thread!  Wishing you all the best for your cycle.  IVF is a huge thing to go through, especially after having had unsuccessful cycles.  It's so easy too, to second guess everything.  I do that all of the time.  I don't think starting on day 3 is anything to worry about.  I read back on my successful IVF cycle and my stimulation injections started on the evening of day 3.  I started my period properly yesterday and I'm not having my baseline scan until tomorrow so I hope I start the injections tomorrow (that will be day 3 too).  Which drugs did you take last time?  I have had Meriofert and Gonal F and the two drugs were so completely different.  So many side effects on Gonal F yet none on Meriofert (Meriofert and Menopur are very similar).  I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the new coronavirus but I'm not going to let it stop me from progressing.  There isn't a lot we can do other than follow the official advice and be vigilant.

AFM - Period arrived yesterday and I have my baseline scan tomorrow morning.  Hoping to start stimulation injections tomorrow evening!  Starting to drink plenty of water and eat nuts xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline gumdrops

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 12/03/20, 06:10 »
    Hi Shootingstar.

Thank you so much for your reply  :)

Iím not sure if it will produce triple stripe in next few days, I am going to ring clinic today to ask.

I see you are just starting your treatment, good luck x

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 12/03/20, 11:11 »
    Sorry to jump on this thread just browsing and wanted to try to reassure two of you lovely ladies,  I don't know about the triple lining question sorry but I was paranoid about my lining being way too thick on ET day,  the day of my trigger shot on my last scan my lining was 13.6mm that was 7 days before ET so i was absolutely frantic with worry it would be even thicker a week later I google it excessively and emailed my clinic to double check, they said it was fine and they see measurements like that all the time

Also the lady who asked about day 3 , I was also worried about that exact same thing too, my cd 1 was a sun day so my clinic were shut to even call them to book a scan,  my cd2 was a bank holiday so only the bigger clinic much further away was open they said it was fine to wait til the next day I started injections on cd3 it was absolutely fine I only stimmed for 8 days lol in was paranoid that was way too fast but it was all fine

To both of you my beautiful 7 and a half week old daughter is currently lying on me breastfeeding so I hope that reassures you both miracles can happen I panicked about every single detail of the iui and ivf I know it's so so hard pleas try to trust on that the clinic will do their very best for you I found it hard to believe that,  and relax and remember they are meant to be the experts and do this daily please try and let them take some of the stress off of you if you can easy to say I know if is without doubt he hardest thing to go through and life changing wishing you all the very best of luck and happy endings for you all shooting star great to see you here again sending you strength to get through this cycle x

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 12/03/20, 21:17 »
    Hi everyone!

mollymartha - It's lovely to hear from you!  I had looked for you a little while ago and didn't see any updates.  I've been wondering how things are going for you?  Thank you so much for popping onto the thread for reassurance.  I have actually worried a lot about my lining being too thick on occasion but that is vert good to know that these kinds of measurements are normal.  I am so very happy to read your news and that you have given birth to a baby girl!  Huge congratulations to you!! xxx

gumdrops - Great idea to give the clinic a call if you need extra reassurance.  Will you be having a further scan before transfer?  Thank you for the good luck wishes!

lmc - Thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you the very best of luck for EC!

I hope that everyone else is doing OK?

AFM - I had some great news at my baseline scan today.  I had asked the nurse if she could let me know how many antral follicles there were because I know this is what I'm starting with (although I know not all will grow).  I have 9 antral follicles on the left and 5 on the right!  I was over the moon with this because when I had my successful IVF in 2015, I also started with 14 (8 on the left and 6 on the right).  On top of that, the nurse told me that my endometrium was still a little thick to start and so they want me to start on CD 5 (she explained that they can start you up to CD 5).  So I'll be starting my injections on exactly the same day of the year (14th March) as I started with my 2015 IVF.  I hope this is a good omen xx

Offline lmcmillan28829

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 13/03/20, 14:09 »
    Just a quick update before I head off for a snooze. Egg collection this morning and we got 17 Eggs xx

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 14/03/20, 23:52 »
    Hi everyone,

lmc - That is wonderful news!  Congratulations on your great EC result!  I hope that you got good fertilisation news today?

I hope everyone else is doing OK?

I started my injections tonight and have my first scan on Thursday morning (day 6).  Out of interest - does anyone else just use 1ml to dissolve six Meriofert vials?  I was told to use 2ml so that's what I've done, but I struggled to get all of the liquid into the syringe and remove air bubbles, it would just be easier with 1ml.  I read in the Meriofert leaflet that a maximum of six can be dissolved in 1ml but I don't know if there is a reason why I was told to use 2ml?  I'll ask the clinic when I next go but just wondered what everyone else did? xx

Offline Simz01

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 15/03/20, 16:52 »
    Hi All,

How is everyone doing? hope you don't mind me jumping in. Have my egg collection tomorrow AM, anyone in the same boat??  Trying to stay indoors this weekend and going a mad too with cabin fever after wfh last week ! :o  xx

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 16/03/20, 00:43 »
    Hi Simz01, welcome to the thread!  Of course we don't mind you jumping in, it's lovely to have some more people on the thread.  It's been really quiet in here!  Wishing you all the best for EC in the morning.  How have things progressed for you so far?  Let us know how you get on.  Can I ask - are you staying indoors because of everything going on with Covid-19 or just because you have been working from home?  I'm trying to navigate the whole situation with IVF, Covid-19 and work.  There is a high possibility that I may be asked to work from home as part of our company's strategy for managing the situation so that may resolve the problem in that my contact with others will be reduced.  But I'm wondering how self-isolation might impact my treatment if I'm suddenly told I have to self-isolate! xx

Offline Simz01

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 16/03/20, 22:16 »
    Hi Shootingstar777,

Thank you for the welcome !  To update on my progress, I had egg collection this morning and they got 12 eggs, so just keeping everything crossed now that some progress. After two rounds, I did change clinic this time (and they took a different protocol)

Last week my work started a split strategy in London offices, so half the team at home and half in the office. It was my at home week last week so was some struggle getting used to working from home , usually I like the separation and being out and about, gym etc. Saying that, given the news today, it might be full time wfh for sometime now - our NY offices started that yesterday. I am also trying to navigate everything, as much as I prefer being at work and getting out, I think I am grateful to avoid the tube for now.  If my eggs progress, transfer is meant to be on sat, but I am aware that might change and they would have to freeze given the current situation.

How are you getting on ? x

Offline lmcmillan28829

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 17/03/20, 12:18 »
    Hey guys. Hope your are all avoiding the coronavirus.
    Unfortunately my egg trf has been cancelled tomorrow so it will be a freeze all cycle and no idea when we will be able to trf xxx