* Author Topic: March / April 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 3606 times)

0 Members

Offline Simz01

• Un-Ranked
modify
March / April 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #50 on: 17/03/20, 14:03 »
I got the call today since I had egg transfer yesterday, am still booked for Saturday transfer but that it could change to frozen x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 17/03/20, 15:52 »
    Hi ladies, sorry it has been a while since I checked the forum. Thank you for all the reassuring responses, especially Shootingstar and Mollymartha - you are of course, so right, we should really try to focus on the big picture and not the small details and in the end at some point it will eventually work out.
    Shootingstar - I use Menopur 6 vials with 1.5ml, that's what the clinic recommended...it works well with the 2-2.5ml syringes given.

Regarding the Coronavirus explosion, I will probably end up doing a freeze-all - I really don't need the extra stress of worrying about a miscarriage due to fever or other issues, although there are certainly no case reports supporting this fear. I also work in a hospital so will almost certainly be exposed in the next few months, I imagine. I just hope I get to egg collection, which will be next week.

Good luck everyone with whatever you decide!

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 17/03/20, 19:46 »
    Hi Simz01 - may i ask this is an E/T in the UK ? my clinic today said this had all stopped so I hope you dont mind me asking amousgst all the confusion ? thanks and good luck x

Offline Simz01

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 17/03/20, 20:49 »
    Hello. Yes, it is UK, and this was earlier today when I spoke to them. But it was mentioned it could change, and I am aware it is all changing very quickly x

Offline Emma.1980

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 18/03/20, 13:50 »
    Hi, Iím currently going through my first ICSI cycle. Im suppose to start stimulation today, but have been told by my clinic to consider delaying treatment until the corona virus has gone. Has anyone else been told this?
    Iím 40, and worried if is delay, that my egg capacity will quickly diminish 😒

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 18/03/20, 21:16 »
    Hi everyone,

Emma.1980 - Welcome to the thread.  Unfortunately after speaking with my clinic today, they have said the same as lmc told me yesterday that they have stopped all new IVF cycles and cancelled all embryo transfers due to the unknown risks to pregnancy of COVID-19.  My clinic is in Liverpool but I imagine that most will be doing something similar as I think they follow HFEA guidance.  However, if you're being offered the option to continue and they can guarantee that you will get to EC, it might be worth doing the cycle and freeze everything until things calm down?  The uncertainty is awful.  I can very much sympathise.  Good luck with the decision.

Simz01 - How are things looking, have you heard any more about your transfer?  Congratulations on the 12 eggs, do you know how many embryos you got?

Saltysea - Thanks for the info about the volume!  I have reduced very slightly the solution so that it fits more easily in the syringe and it all dissolves fine so I think it's OK.  I think we must be very close in timing as my EC is planned for next week (I hope I get there too).  Good luck.

lmcmillan28829 - Sorry again to hear about the transfer being cancelled.  It looks like I'm having a freeze all too.

AFM - I called my clinic today and they confirmed that because I was on day 5 of stimulation today, that my EC would go ahead.  I confirmed this a number of times and so I suppose unless something very drastic happens in terms of the hospital and staff availability between now and then, then EC should go ahead.  To say i was relieved was an understatement.  I'm 42 and this will definitely be my last IVF cycle.  I was really hoping for a fresh transfer because of my age but that is looking extremely unlikely now they have cancelled all transfers.  I did ask if this could change and the nurse explained that things were so uncertain but it did sound very unlikely that it would change.  Day 6 scan tomorrow morning.  I did feel like things were happening the other day with twinges but those have eased off a bit xx

Offline Simz01

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 19/03/20, 18:22 »
    Hi Shootingstar777,

From the 12, only 5 fertilised, so felt disappointed. I haven't had a further update, so feeling nervous that numbers have dwindled. Also nervous they will cancel, although I perfectly understand why they would given the current situation, mine is not a priority.

Thank you for asking x

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 19/03/20, 23:26 »
    Hi Simz01, Sorry to hear it was a lower number than you hoped.  It's horrible when the numbers drop but the five may all go on to be blasts.  No news today is good news I think because generally most clinics would check the embryos on day 3 and if the numbers have dropped off then they might have called you in for an earlier transfer.  I hope they don't cancel for you.

I had my day 6 scan today.  So the baseline scan I had last week showed 14 antral follicles.  Today they saw nine follicles in total.  On the left there were two bigger than 10mm (12mm and 15mm), and four were less than 10mm but seemed to have started growing.  On the right, there was one at 11.5mm and two less than 10mm which looked very small.  This is definitely a better response than I had in my most recent two cycles (but one of them I was started on perhaps too low a dose and the other I just didn't respond to the drug).  I'm hoping to see some more growth at my day 10 scan on Monday.  I'm just so nervous that something is going to happen and they can't go to EC.

I hope everyone is staying safe xx

Offline lori84

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 21/03/20, 11:01 »
    Hi all, Iíve tried to stay a little quiet recently because I know most of you have had cycles cancelled. Well I tested Thursday and got a BFP, a lot of emotions going on. So booked in for an early scan on 31st March so not long to wait to make sure everything is there and doing ok. Xx

Offline shootingstar777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 21/03/20, 19:42 »
    Hi lori84, I'm just popping on to say congratulations to you on your BFP!  I hope that you are OK and are staying safe xx