* Author Topic: How Many Kids Do You Have?  (Read 438 times)

0 Members

Offline Hayley86

modify
How Many Kids Do You Have?
« on: 11/02/20, 09:46 »
I know the battle to have one baby can sometimes be such a journey and struggle that many donít attempt to or are unable to try for another. I do wonder for those that wished for several children whilst battling with fertility issues were able to achieve that you often hear stories of people that have had one. There are also those that had twins 😊
Success stories are so nice to hear and give others hope! Iíve wondered whether many people have been able to achieve multiple children from one IVF/ICSI cycle.

To all those on their baby journey I wish you all the very best.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline staceysm

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 11/02/20, 09:52 »
    Hi,

I managed 2, but I have been extremely lucky in that both my fresh cycles of fertility treatment have resulted in children.  We only had the second cycle, as my Dad paid for it.  I had started to look in to adoption, as I wanted more then one child.

I know of someone that had 2 children from 1 cycle of IVF and then using her frozen embryo from the same batch.
    X

Offline Hayley86

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 11/02/20, 10:19 »

Hiya,

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations, thatís lovely.
    Do you mind if I ask, have you only ever received BFP from both cycles as you hear so many stories of people who have had FET after FET?
    Do you have any frosties?

I hope you donít mind the questions 😊

Offline Herts85

• Our baby wish came true, now we're ttc baby #2!
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 12/02/20, 21:50 »
    Second IVF cycle was a freeze all due to OHSS. I now have a 21 month old son from the first FET from that batch and my wife is 15w pregnant with the second FET from the same batch. We still have six embryos in the freezer from the same batch!

There's a couple on here who have two sets of non-identical twins and a singleton all from the same IVF cycle. X

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 13/02/20, 08:13 »
    I have two children.

• A three-year-old DS conceived naturally after three years of total infertility (I fell pregnant after immune treatment, the month I was due to start a first cycle of IVF)
    • His baby brother conceived from a freeze-all cycle of PGS IVF after immune treatment.

I did IVF the second time as Iím now 40. In our row of six terraced houses, thereís one lady who had two DC from two cycles of IVF (never conceived naturally in 22 years), and one lady who has two DS from six IVF cycles.

Unfortunately, I only got one PGS-clean embryo from my IVF cycle - so no chance of two kids from one cycle. I know, in younger ladies, that itís reasonably common, although it does depend on the cause of your infertility.

Offline Danaa

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/02/20, 09:07 »
    One daughter from FET,she was the last of my embryos so probably I wonít have anymore children sadly unless God wants to bless me with a natural pregnancy.
    I wish for more children but the road to having her was looooong and painful,after infertility it came multiple pregnancy losses and then premature birth....lots of complications,I almost lost her but Iím thankful and great full I have her .

Offline Hayley86

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 13/02/20, 15:01 »

Hello,

Thank you for your message, I clicked your link what a lovely family you are 😊
    Congratulations on pregnancy no.2. Thanks for sharing your experiences, itís helped!
    Weíre hoping to transfer and embryo Spring 2020!

Offline Hayley86

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 13/02/20, 15:03 »

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your story! It gives me hope, thereís so much sadness on the IVF journey, knowing that it can happen for others offers us hope 😊

Offline Hayley86

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 13/02/20, 15:05 »

Hello,

Thank you for sharing.
    Itís a tough journey and doesnít always work out the way we wished for, but we both have our one special child, when I get down or upset, I look at her and in an instance realise how lucky I am to have her.
    I wish you all the best 😊