* Author Topic: Over 40 try abroad or multi cycle package in the UK?  (Read 870 times)

0 Members

Offline mogwai

• Un-Ranked
Seems like IVF packages have changed since I did IVF back in 2016, as multi cycle packages weren't offered then. I am looking into going abroad, partly for costs but also for the additional procedures of micro sorting, PGS, ICSI etc. Would it be simpler to take a multi cycle package here and risk transferring embryos that wont take?

Also, it seems a lot of these packages are for the under 38/37s!  :-[ Can anyone recommend a multi cycle clinic for over 40s?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Over 40 try abroad or multi cycle package in the UK?
    « Reply #1 on: 23/02/20, 22:58 »
    Hi - I did a natural modified cycle 3 cycle package at age 42/43  at 'Create Clinic ' - this unfortunately failed....There is also a 6 cycle package .. very good luck x

Offline AmberJ

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 24/02/20, 00:03 »
    I did a multi-cycle mild ivf package using OE, also at Create, starting age 43. It didn't work.

Offline artistliz

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 26/02/20, 11:25 »
    I don't have any experience of going overseas I'm afraid. I think we decided that despite the high costs we preferred to be treated with accessibility to a local clinic but it's a personal decision.
    I've done a multi cycle IVF lite package in the UK. I'm 43, have been using own eggs and had two cycles converted to iui as poor response. One cycle resulted in 5 blastocysts. Miscarried one 5 day blast at 11 weeks. Then got one more blastocyst from a 4th cycle. PGS tested all the embryos and got one viable which is what I had transferred 9 days ago in a medicated FET cycle. Waiting for my beta on Friday but not looking good sadly.
    So that will have been around 20k altogether over two years, including all the medications etc etc most likely for no positive result...
    But at least we can say we tried....

Offline mogwai

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 3/03/20, 10:47 »
    So sorry to hear that, have you decided not to go ahead with further cycles? Itís partly the cost of cycles in the UK that makes me think of going abroad but also that there are more options on the table eg immune treatment, IMSI, PGS etc

Offline tiredmum3

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 11/03/20, 10:31 »
    Hi I did a donor egg refund programme in 2016 through access fertility and got 3 cycles. They offered 70% refund but now do different . Cut off for that is 49 I think but is under 40 for most with own eggs I think. I was successful on my first cycle and now have a2.5 DS and just had a bfp with our last frostie

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 14/03/20, 19:03 »
    Going abroad might not be the best topic at the moment but I can recommend my clinic if you need to combine your treatment with top notch PGS NGS. However, they do not offer multi-cycle packages. Good luck x

Offline SingleMommaBe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 30/03/20, 12:58 »
    Seems like IVF packages have changed since I did IVF back in 2016, as multi cycle packages weren't offered then. I am looking into going abroad, partly for costs but also for the additional procedures of micro sorting, PGS, ICSI etc. Would it be simpler to take a multi cycle package here and risk transferring embryos that wont take?

Also, it seems a lot of these packages are for the under 38/37s!  :-[ Can anyone recommend a multi cycle clinic for over 40s?

Hello @mogwai how are you?  I went overseas for embryo donation.  They don't offer packages.  They concentrate on making you conceive on the first try.  But any talk of flying is out of the question right now.  Maybe when this virus disappears.

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 31/03/20, 13:21 »
    Today Danish PM announces 'gradual' reopening after Easter, it can be a good sign

modify
    « Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 00:11 »
    What clinic is this?

Hello @mogwai how are you?  I went overseas for embryo donation.  They don't offer packages.  They concentrate on making you conceive on the first try.  But any talk of flying is out of the question right now.  Maybe when this virus disappears.