* Author Topic: Can Luck Strike Twice?  (Read 350 times)

0 Members

Offline Hayley86

modify
Can Luck Strike Twice?
« on: 23/02/20, 13:16 »
Can Luck Strike Twice?

Can it happen? Any success stories has it happened to you? -lucky at first IVF attempt the went along to try for a sibling and the FET worked first time too??

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Can Luck Strike Twice?
    « Reply #1 on: 23/02/20, 14:00 »
    I didn't want to read and run. I can't help with personal experiences but believing you can (will be) the first with such results is the first step to achieve it All the best luck xx

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    Can Luck Strike Twice?
    « Reply #2 on: 23/02/20, 17:10 »
    It depends on the cause of your infertility TBH.

I tried for three years with no sign of a pregnancy, was treated for immune issues, and fell pregnant the month I was due to have a first IVF cycle. I carried to term and had DS1.

Two years later, I spent six months having immune treatment, aged 39, had a first freeze-all IVF cycle with PGS followed by natural FET and conceived DS2 with our one PGS normal embryo. He was born a fortnight ago when I'd just turned 40.

It's kinda obvious now that I have no gynaecological issues beyond being in my late 30s/40s and my problem is down to a life-altering autoimmune disease. If you have very low AMH or poor egg/sperm quality, have a complex gynaecological history, are at a clinic with poorer results, or are an older lady who isn't PGS testing, it'll take longer and you need to keep on plugging away to get your miracle  ^hugme^

Offline Hayley86

modify
    Can Luck Strike Twice?
    « Reply #3 on: 23/02/20, 20:08 »
    [quote author=Londonwriter link=topic=403767.msg7588285#msg7588285 date=1582477812

Thanks for your message @LondonWriter and sharing your story. Congratulations on your new arrival and your first as well, lovely news. Youre right each case is different depending on each persons diagnosis. I guess Im/were so use to hearing incidents where it doesnt work its nice to hear of success stories 😊.

Our diagnosis is MFI, theres no known issues in my part. I feel so attached to my embryos, I know heartache will almost def. come but I sought for stories to cheer me up- were looking to do a FET in May of this year.

Offline Hayley86

modify
    Can Luck Strike Twice?
    « Reply #4 on: 23/02/20, 20:28 »

Hi @Miamiamo, thank you for your message and words of encouragement, made me smile 😊

Offline Herts85

• Our baby wish came true, now we're ttc baby #2!
    modify
    Can Luck Strike Twice?
    « Reply #5 on: 23/02/20, 22:17 »
    From our second IVF cycle, which was a freeze all due to OHSS, we have a 22 month old son (natural FET) and my wife is 16 weeks pregnant with baby 2 (medicated FET) which was the second embryo from that cycle. We still have 6 embryos from the same cycle in the freezer. We never thought we'd be lucky enough to fall pregnant twice first time x

modify
    Can Luck Strike Twice?
    « Reply #6 on: 24/02/20, 06:47 »
    Londonwriter: where did you have your treatments?