* Author Topic: help  (Read 260 times)

0 Members

Offline SweetingWood

modify
help
« on: 24/02/20, 08:47 »
I need advice, in we got our first bfp in October 2018 which unfortunately ended in miscarriage at a day short of 8 weeks. From 4 week onwards my wife have brown discharge. We were repeatedly told that it was normal and no bleed could be seen on the scan at 7 weeks but there was a strong heartbeat. 2 days later my wife miscarried. I cannot help but think that it was the start of a miscarriage at 4 weeks?

Fast forward to the 22nd of January 2020 we had our next transfer this time a natural cycle. 4 weeks in and the brown discharge started again, we had a scan at 6 weeks 3 days and heartbeats was strong, they could see a tiny bleed next to the sac. But again said that this was nothing to worry about and very common, well we are 7 weeks and 3 days today and its just getting worse and worse, larger and larger amounts surely this is another miscarriage? Anything we can do to help prevent it? Rest? Up our pessaries?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    help
    « Reply #1 on: 24/02/20, 09:10 »
    Hey.

Im sorry that you are going through this 😔

It sounds like your first pregnancy was a chemical pregnancy if nothing was found on a scan. Although, a long drawn out one (i had a CP which wasnt discovered until 7 weeks)

I understand that having a heavy bleed is worrying, but it doesnt mean you are miscarrying. I had 2 bleeds, one at 7 weeks and 1 at 13ish weeks and I was convinced i was having a miscarriage by the amount of blood but i didnt and he is nearly 5.
    The fact that they found a bleed means its highly likely its that that is causing you to bleed.

Unfortunately, there isnt much to prevent a miscarriage (if it is indeed that). I would recommend resting up and booking in a scan, purely for piece of mind.

Good luck xx

Offline SweetingWood

modify
    help
    « Reply #2 on: 24/02/20, 09:12 »
    Thankyou for your reply, i have edited my first post to say that on the 7 week scan on our first pregnancy we saw a strong heart beat.

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    help
    « Reply #3 on: 24/02/20, 10:35 »
    Ah ok.even so, no the miscarriage didnt start at 4 weeks as you had a heartbeat. The miscarriage started when the bleed you started.

Its utter crap but just because you miscarried before, doesnt mean you will again.

X

Offline SweetingWood

modify
    help
    « Reply #4 on: 24/02/20, 11:15 »
    thank you - my wife still has crazy symptoms which we are hoping is a good sign - she has been signed off work for a week as shes struggling working with the worry and nausea - she also had a fall at work on Friday which has panicked her. we have a scan this afternoon with our clinic - although the consultant is not the most helpful so may see if the epu can fit us in later in the week.

Thank you for your replies i really just needed to vent i think.