* Author Topic: BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020  (Read 5323 times)

0 Members

Offline mrsb168

• Un-Ranked
modify
BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
« Reply #10 on: 28/03/20, 07:56 »
Hi ladies, just wondered how you are all getting on? How are you all managing with the current situation?

Have you got your 12 week scans booked now?

Iíve booked another private one for next Saturday when I will be nearly 11 weeks and think my official one is mid April!

Feeling exhausted most of the time and nauseous all day but otherwise doing ok, just want time to speed up again!!! The days are going so slowly at the moment!

Hope you are all well xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #11 on: 28/03/20, 13:19 »
    Hi all,

I hope you don't mind joining this thread.  :)

I had an ED Embryo Transfer on the 11th and I had my positive last week, so I am now 6 weeks.  I am over the moon but sometimes I find hard to believe that I am pregnant. I am not feeling much of symptoms, apart from feeling hungry and sleepy all the time and sometimes sore boobs. What is strange is that I felt minor cramps for a week after the transfer, but now I don't feel any cramps and I get worried thinking that. I should be feeling cramps.

I haven't done a scan yet, my clinic recommended to do on week 7/8, so from next week, but DH thinks that I shouldn't because of he is worried about the C virus, even though it would be in a private clinic.

He says, let's nature run its course, but at some point, I will need a scan and I don't think this C virus will disappear in the next 2 months or so. I just want to make sure that my little bean has implanted on the right place and all is going accordingly. Part of me thinks that he is scared as with the previous 2 mc we found out that stop growing on week 7.

No matter how hard it would be I just rather know, better than having a question mark in my head all the time. I know, finger crosse it'as all good, it's still early stage and the next weeks will be hard anyway.

How is anyone dealing with the fear of catching the virus? I have barely left the house in the last 2 weeks, working from home, so only a few trips to the local supermarket. My sister was furious with me when she found out that I was in the supermarket this morning. She firmly believes that I shouldn't leave home until week 12.

I don't want to panic, but I am feeling a bit confused right now.

Hugs to everyone. ^hugme^

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #12 on: 29/03/20, 11:09 »
    Hi Mac

I didnít want to read and run....  I am nervous also but trying to stay positive and hope for the best.

I am still very early five weeks/one day.  I will have an early scan at six weeks to check everything is in place.  I asked my doctor if this was a necessary appointment to leave the house and he said yes it definitely falls within that category so we will attend this appointment. They have limited people visiting the clinic and will have measures in place to protect everyone.

At the moment I do not have any symptoms except for growing fatigue and persistent bloating from the progesterone.  I donít feel pregnant but am reassured by the tests taken in the past week.

I am trying to avoid going out but if I have to I am making sure that I am distancing myself, hygiene etc are followed consistently.  I am taking my temperature each day to watch out for any signs of increased temperature/fever as well. 

Try to take each day as it comes and talk to your DH about your thoughts/feelings about the scan. People can give advice but it is you that should make the choices as it is you that has to manage how you feel about it all and/or any consequences.

I may chat in the early pregnancy thread initially when I am bit braver.  I am still quite nervous about it all due to lack of symptoms..

Also, I thought that November due dates were to be in a Nov/Dec due date chat group and October should be with September due dates so a bit confused with the groupings...

Anyway.... will worry about which due date thread to post in when I am a bit further along.

Hope everyone is safe and well with family/friends and not forgetting the special cargo on board...

Jx

Offline tiredmum3

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #13 on: 1/04/20, 13:04 »
    Morning . Hope u donít mind me joining.
    Feeling quite down today as Iím 7 weeks today and have been discharged from my clinic but canít get a midwife appointment so feel in limbo. Being in the house doesnít help and I desperately want another scan but canít get one and also worried about going out . Iím also feeling sickly all day and had nipple pain last night and a bit of general fatigue.
    Trying to distract myself while watching my toddler. Hoping this thread gets busy so I have something to occupy myself or Iím back to watching you tube videos😁

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #14 on: 2/04/20, 10:57 »
    Hello _ I am totally new on here - really happy to hear from other pregnant ladies in similar position!

Im 39 and 8.4 days pregnant after 4th FET - husbands infertile (this time was natural and it worked!). Due mid Nov.

Im finding it all very strange due to the covid 19 situation, it's really scary. and I have had to tell some close people earlier then I prob would have.

Had the 7wk scan and all was great.
    Got 12 week booked in with NHS end April - nervous about the blood test results as I am older.

Other than that feeling sick & tired all the time - anti nausea bracelets have helped, lots of small meals, an afternoon nap..

Im not sure I am excited as just so much else going on, not feeling great! But then I remember I am actually FINALLY  pregnant (and its the size of a raspberry!). I think Ill be able to be excited after 12 week scan and finding out for sure all ok!,,,

Jana X

Offline tiredmum3

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #15 on: 2/04/20, 18:06 »
    Hi Jana
    It is very scary and Iím having a right mare trying to connect with the nhs. Iím 7+1 and have booked a private scan this weekend to check everything is still ok as had last one a week ago

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #16 on: 3/04/20, 22:11 »
    hello at tired mum - i had to go through my gp hub to ask for first midwife referral. this was done over the phone (a bit pointless...) and then she booked me my 12 week scan.. hope you can get through to someone to get you started!

Its great to connect with other pregnant women as I don't know anyone else who is pregnant, and dont really want to tell lots of mates yet..

Hope you are all doing ok! jana X

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #17 on: 3/04/20, 22:20 »
    @Mac - I went to our private clinic to have 7 week scan.. we had a plan - to wait in the car until they were ready for us. wore gloves. made it as quick as possible. it wasn't the most relaxed, but heard a heartbeat and got measurements confirmed as ok which was all a relief. then we were out of there!

i would do it. you get images which give you something to focus on. ask private clinic what their protocol is.. they will be really quiet as so many women are waiting till CV has calmed down before treatment.

When I said to my NHS midwife that i was concerned about coming in for the 12week scan at end april she said that the GP surgery is closed, they are only letting pregnant women in, and test all temperatures before you are allowed in. ill be gloved and masked up too..

its really scary - better to be on the safe side. there was a study from Australia my midwife friend shared that showed pregnant womens bodies can resist the virus to an extent that our temps dont get really high - so can't damage baby... im not taking anything as 100% but....

XX

Offline tiredmum3

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #18 on: 3/04/20, 23:14 »
    Evening how is everyone. Tiredness has kicked in now I think. I have been shattered today and had a pm nap while baby was asleep.
    Jumped through some more hoops and hope to have a referral soon. I sent hubby to shops as I tried but took one look at queues and thought no way

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #19 on: 4/04/20, 09:40 »
    Hi All,

Jana6748, many thanks for your advise. I went to a private GP in Wimbledon, which is the closest to me, I did ask them before hand what was the procedure in place for COVID-19 and I was told that they were only allowing 2 people at the time in the waiting room. When I arrived there the waiting room had 4 adults and 2 children! I got really nervous and I thought about waiting outside but luckily I din't have to wait long.
    The scan went well and I am sort of relived for now, my little bean is 4.5mm which is within the average for 6 weeks and could even see a heart bit.

I want to scream how happy I am but part of is constantly reminding me that it's still early stage, as I have been here before. The sonographer said that ideally I should have another scan at week 9 and I think I will be less anxious if I do one then. However, the fear of the C-virus is making me to ponder this for now.

I feel really tired in the morning and gets worse in the afternoon so I usually have to take a nap, apart from that I feel fine just the usual sore boobs.

I followed my doctor's advise and I registered myself to my preferred Hospital, weirdly, I still find too early to do that. I received an automatic reply with a booklet to read and a message saying that they would contact me for an ultrasound within 14 working days, although I doubt this will be the case as NHS is overstretched dealing with this pandemic now.

How is everyone doing?

Big hugs.
    x