* Author Topic: BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020  (Read 5685 times)

0 Members

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
modify
BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
« Reply #50 on: 27/05/20, 07:23 »
also - it can feel a bit overwhelming with all the stuff you need. but its amazing how much people can give you or lend you. and social media market place and ebay are really good for 2nd hand too (dont get 2nd hand car seat).

we have a master list, and then lists of who is giving us what.

bit epic but makes it feel bit more managable and much less expensive!!

also looking into the world of cloth nappies - a whole new world!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SweetingWood

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #51 on: 2/06/20, 11:40 »
    @jana im glad you got the result you wanted :) and you can relax now! :)

little update from us, my wife is now 21 weeks pregnant!! we had our 20 week scan last week and all is ok but....

the placenta is at the front and very low so they have diagnosed placenta previa - luckily no issues thus far and hoping it will move up as the uterus expands

due to the above and the wriggly baby they couldn't see the heart vessels so need to go back in a couple of weeks to check again. The could see all four chambers - is this normal?

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #52 on: 9/06/20, 11:36 »
    Hi @sweetingwood.

I had not heard of this before so I had to look it up..

Perhaps there are forums where woemn have experience of this and cxan offer knowledge and support?

@ Mac and @ Jupiter how are you both doing?! X

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #53 on: 11/06/20, 11:28 »
    Hi everyone,

I had my 16-week app yesterday and the midwife was able to find my baby's heart straight away. OMG is so loud and fast and such a relief to hear. I am still struggling with morning sickness/ gastritis and I was told that in cases like mine, when is severe, it takes longer to disappear. I was giving a different medication for nauseous but still with the same for gastritis - the most important thing is that I am not losing weight.
    Next app is for the 20 scan and hopefully will find out if it's a girl or a boy. How is everyone doing?

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #54 on: 14/06/20, 10:17 »
    @mac you poor thing! Sounds really epic... sorry to hear that - it must be hard work. do they know when it might go?... does anything help?
    Great you heard heartbeat - always reassuring!

All good here - 20 week scan next week! X

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #55 on: 5/07/20, 17:54 »
    How is everyone?

20 week scans all going well?

Jx

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #56 on: 12/07/20, 15:35 »
    hello! had to have 2 x scans (20 wks and 22wks) as baby was really tucked up (seems she likes to be!) but they finally got to check everything and all good!

got little bump & feel excited!

How are you?? X

Offline Mac78

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #57 on: 12/07/20, 21:59 »
    Hi all,

I had my 20-week scan last Tuesday and everything is going well. It's a boy!!! I got a big bump :)

hugs to everyone

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #58 on: 15/07/20, 22:40 »
    Great news on the scan Mac and congratulations on the news that you are having a boy!!!  How do you feel now that you know the sex?

Jana -  I had the same issue with the little baby.  We had to go for a walk, snack and a lot of water to encourage the baby to move into the breech position for easier access for the checks. How far along are you now?

At our 20 week scan we managed not to sneak a peak at the sex of the baby because we are looking forward to a nice little surprise gender wise.

I canít believe that itís halfway already, itís still quite surreal 🙂

Offline Mac78

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #59 on: 17/07/20, 17:31 »
    Hi all,

Is anyone doing any Hypnorbirthing course online? It's so frustrating not being able to the activities recommended on my pregnancy booklet given by my chosen maternity. As far as I know, nothing is on at the moment because of COVID-19 and I don't think it will resume any soon.

Any recommendations for any online course? How is everyone preparing for birth? I am scared of having to go through induction, I am over 40, and from the first appointment I sensed that they will push for me to have an induction around the due date. I really want to wait at least another 2 weeks after the due date, providing all is going well with both of us. The reality is that you never know how is going to be, so I will rather be prepared for every scenario.

Jupiter; wow, I am impressed that you are able to wait to find out the sex. I was counting minutes for the 20-weeks scans: a) to make sure my baby was fine b) to find out if a boy or girl. Because I have a big bump, a rounder one,  everyone was guessing that it was a girls and I got used to the idea, so I was a bit surprised, but only for few minutes then got really excited.

Hope everyone is well and safe
     ^hugme^