* Author Topic: BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020  (Read 4091 times)

0 Members

Offline SweetingWood

modify
BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
« Reply #30 on: 11/05/20, 21:34 »
Jana, what results are you worried about? Most come back low risk and they base it on a lot of factors. Even people that are classed as higher risk still only have a 1% chance of having an abnormality :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #31 on: 14/05/20, 08:50 »
    Hi sweetingwood - I was worried about the downs and E&P test coming back high risk.. and it has.

so we have had the Iona test and now have a fairly rough week ahead while we wait for results..

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #32 on: 14/05/20, 09:33 »
    Hi Jana6748,

I am sorry to hear about the high-risk results. My friend had a similar situation on both of her pregnancies, in the end, all was fine, her daughters are 4 and 2 now.

When do you know the results?
    Sending you a big hug ^hugme^

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #33 on: 14/05/20, 10:28 »
    thanks Mac.
    Its been a rough few days. get results next week.
    today im just getting on with things to keep distracted but my DH is very low... trying to look after each other.
    A couple of my friends know and so I have some good support.
    Good to hear about your friend - There are loads of positive stories out there. But someone has got to be that small percent.. uff

Im just trying to not go too far in either direction and stay in a weird limbo and be ok!

How are you doing?? X

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #34 on: 15/05/20, 14:08 »
    Hello....

It certainly is a strange time to be pregnant, that's for sure.

I am approaching 12 weeks which I am really pleased about.  It seems such a long way away from the 2ww, but for me it has passed quite slowly with my anxiety slowly getting the best of me as the 12 week scan looms next week.  As I am in my fabulous forties I am well aware that I will immediately be assessed as having a high risk for abnormalities, it's something that has really been worrying me now that I am finally almost at the scan.

I have had to give myself a stern talking to so from now until I get my results I have to keep my positive hat on.  I am going to "try" to focus on seeing the little baby on the scan and all the joy that this brings, after that.... not sure what the strategy will be.

Have you all announced your pregnancies? 

Due to my age DW and I decided that we would wait to get the all clear at 12 weeks before making the announcements.  It's been really tough keeping the news to ourselves, we are both really excited to share the news with our nearest and dearest.

@Jana
    I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you.  I hope that you and baby will be absolutely fine, I do understand it's a strange sort of limbo right now.  It's great that you have a solid support network to keep you and DH going though.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Offline Mac78

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #35 on: 16/05/20, 12:10 »
    Hi Jupiter & Jana,

I am also having my 12-week scan next week and feeling a bit anxious as well.

We haven't told many people yet, even for my mum I was trying to tell her only after the scan. But last Sunday we were having a video call then she noticed my baby bump, which is surprisingly big, maybe because I have been always skinny, so she just asked what is the round belly? Then she didn't even wait for my reply, just burst out laughing and shouted OMG you are pregnant, I couldn't stop laughing as well and she just got it. Not the way I planned telling her but it was funny.

I am glad I am not having to work now because it would be really hard to keep it quiet; a) struggling with morning sickness, b) started to show a baby bump from 9 weeks.

Let's all keep positive and I am sure we all going to have good news next week ^pray^

Lots of love
    x

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #36 on: 16/05/20, 13:06 »
    Hi mac & Juniper,

it was great seeing the baby at 12 weeks scan - but partner not allowed in (due to covid) which was a bit sad. fingers crossed all looks good. are you having the screening tests? I did ask during the scan if the NT was measuring normal. You can alos ask if they can see the nasal bone (which thiugh a soft indicator, and can a really positive thing to see).
    Age does effect screening outcome, but it's the big gap in my two blood levels that has triggered my high risk (they check your HCG and Papp-a)

We told our parents v early as it was just before lockdown and I needed my mum and dad to know before we couldn't see them! And I told a couple of mates for some support - Im especially glad of that now we have hit this bump in the road!

Good luck!!! X

Offline SweetingWood

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #37 on: 17/05/20, 21:43 »
    A couple of people knew that we were going through ivf, we told our parents once we had a positive test. We told out siblings at 10 weeks. A few friends at 12 weeks and we plan on it being common knowledge at 20 weeks.

Anyone else's bump huge?

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #38 on: 18/05/20, 22:27 »
    Hello everyone

@SweetingWood
    How far along are you now?  My bump isn't really noticeable at all.  I have always been a little curvy so baby in situ is not evident.  I think that there are changes happening, my tummy feels as though it is changing change.  The main issue is feeling and looking really bloated as the day progresses....

@Jana
    Thanks for the tips for the scan and the luck.  I am going to specifically ask the sonographer to stop and tell me when he/she is examining and measuring key parts of the baby so I can do my best to follow and understand what's happening.  What does HCG and Papp-a tell you about the health of the babies?

@Mac
    What day are you heading in for your 12 week scan?  I agree that it's good not needing to work in situ.  I am not sure anyone would notice that I am pregnant, but I am happy that I didn't have to cope with nausea on the daily commute to the office.  Good Luck with the scan!

AFM - I am heading for my 12 week scan tomorrow.  I am hopeful that the babe is safe and well, anatomically present and correct.  I have no reason to believe that this will not be the case so I am focussing on how lovely it will be to see the little baby tomorrow

Fingers crossed!

Jx

Offline Mac78

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #39 on: 19/05/20, 20:57 »
    Hi Jupiter,

Mu scan was today and it's all good, just need to wait for the results of blood tests. I will keep positive as you rightly said I have no reason to think otherwise^pray^.

It was an amazing experience and my heart is filled with joy. I hope your experience tomorrow will be as magical as mine was today.

Jana; thinking of you and really keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be fine.

big hugs to everyone ^hugme^