* Author Topic: BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020  (Read 5479 times)

0 Members

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
modify
BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
« Reply #40 on: 20/05/20, 11:31 »
Hi all - got a call from midwife today and all is FINE!!
our odds went from 1:14 to 1:1000000 (yes a million!!)

It was because of the blood work (high hcg and low pappa). the triple screening brings lots of false positives. so a really scary two weeks (yesterday was virtually unbearable) for nothing.. really glad we had the iona test..and obvs really glad it's all ok!!!!! And we are having a girl!

phew!

hope all goes well with your scans and results. I think lots come back as fine so dont worry until you need to worry if you know what I mean! XX

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #41 on: 20/05/20, 12:26 »
    @mac isn't is so great seeing them actually in there!!! ^Heart^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #42 on: 20/05/20, 14:56 »
    Jana;

Amazing news!! OMG, a girl ;D ;D ;D. How many weeks are you again? I asked if we could find the sex yesterday but the sonographer said it was too early.
    Super happy for you :):)

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #43 on: 20/05/20, 21:42 »
    @mac thanks!! Today has just been joyous.
    I'm 15.5 weeks. but we only know as they check during Iona test. otherwise we wouldn't know unitl 20week scan - and that is only if they can see anything! X

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #44 on: 20/05/20, 22:23 »
    @Jana
    Congratulations Jana!  What a relief and how exciting that you know that you are carrying a girl!  Is this your first baby?

@Mac
    Wonderful news about your twelve week scan!  It's so very lovely to see the babies on the screen isn't it.  I think that between now and 20 weeks or so you can have lots of fun trying all the various methods of predicting the gender....  I tried randomly a Chinese method on an app where you input the EDD and your own birth date and it tells you the gender on the baby.  According to this random app, my little baby is a girl.   In reality I have no idea! Ha!  Will you have a gender scan at some point or wait until the birth to find out?

My scan was sweet.  The little baby is doing well, seemed quite chilled, hanging out with it's legs crossed and then occasionally taking a big stretch, stretching one leg at a time.  The nuchal fold was within the normal range but the overall growth was good, five days ahead in fact.  I'll take it!

DW was so cute.  She could barely contain herself, as soon as we got home she was straight on skype dialling her mother to tell her about the baby.  We'll be telling my immediate family this weekend on our family video call.  it will be so nice to share the news after waiting patiently these past few months.

Hope all is well with you too SweetingWood

Jx

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #45 on: 21/05/20, 16:25 »
    @juniper I love seeing them stretch! so tiny but so mobile - amazing stuff! Love how excited your DW was!! was she allowed in with you? my DH has been pretty weepy with joy, and has finally told all of his (huge) family.

Yep first baby.

It has been SO  nice telling people, responses have been so lovely and work (where I freelance) sent a huge bunch of flowers and the boss phoned totally over joyed for us.
    I think good news is really welcome right now!

@Mac - how you feeling?

Offline Mac78

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #46 on: 22/05/20, 11:05 »
    Hi all,

Jupiter, I am pleased to hear all went well with your 12-week scan. My due date also changed; 2 days earlier than the one based on the first scan. I tried the Chinese app and according to it is a girl, but on the Mayan calendar it's a boy. I don't really believe ;D on any of that but as you said it's fun trying to guess. My best friend and my sister both dreamed that I was having a girl ;D.

Jana, I am still struggling with stomach pain (gastritis) and taking tablets to help minimise it. I just hope it won't develop into something more serious. I have not said anything at work yet, DH thinks I should wait until 20 weeks, but  I think the sooner I tell the better so probably will inform them next week. Glad to hear you had a positive response at your work.

Hugs to everyone

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #47 on: 25/05/20, 16:43 »
    @mac how are you feeling?!

Some work I didnt have to tell as it disapeared due to covid (im freelance so might not have anyway) but some i work with regularly and were starting to make plans sep onwards so I needed to tell them as soon as I could really so they could adapt to that.

After we got such good news we just HAD to share with EVERYONE.

also have been offered loads of amazing baby stuff for free which we are very pleased about.

so now my project is to re arrange the house to accomodate it all!!! (I want to do loads while I feel great in the 2nd trimester as lots of women feel v tired in last one..)  ;D

Offline Mac78

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #48 on: 25/05/20, 20:42 »
    Hi all,

Jana, I will be informing work at some point this week but I still want to keep just between my dep and directors. It's not a big company but I don't feel comfortable telling everyone just yet.
    I am still struggling with morning sickness and I have been feeling "green" pretty much every day, I am starting to think that this is going to stay the whole pregnancy.
    It's so nice that you were given so much stuff. I have been thinking about making a list of everything we need and it's kind of overwhelming. We were meant to be house hunting now to buy our first house, still renting and we probably will be for a while. We decided not to add this stress right now as we don't really know how the housing market will be after the lockdown and we don't want to rush or be moving when I am heavily pregnant. Where we are now is not huge but once we rearrange everything we will be fine, just need to convert the office into a nursery and DH will have to work from the living area.
    Good luck with you project! I will be doing the same here  ;D
    x

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #49 on: 27/05/20, 07:15 »
    Hi all - had an interesting chat with midwife about due dates - she said (especially with ivf) we know exactly what are dates due to blastocyst date  so stick with that rather than dating scan (dating scan works on averages hence dates changing). Particually worth sticking with origonal due date if it is later than new due date - this means you can argue against induction for a few extra days if you go past your date! hope that makes sense.

@mac sorry to hear you are still feeling dreadful! Friends of mine had MS for weeks on end, but it did ease up around week 16. hope that si the case for you! And yes, dont move house heavily pregnant - get nesting where you are.

Hope you are all doing ok!!

jana X