* Author Topic: C virus UK and treatment being cancelled  (Read 3327 times)

0 Members

Offline snowdropwood

modify
C virus UK and treatment being cancelled
« Reply #10 on: 17/03/20, 19:40 »
Hi - someone else has started a similar thread too ( guess this one was about UK treatment )

yes DD ivf in the middle of cancelled , i was asking for days about info and i finally spoke to dr today .  I am sad that they were so poop about  ( not ) communicating . I have 0 understanding from family etc - they dont get it, never have , more worried about st paddy s at the pub cancelled /.  For others this is the end of decades of hope of a family life.  I am beyond words   .  Yep might sound selfish ,  what a nightmare time.,  The dr today said to me it is worse to loose family members from the C virus .  That is not a fact , it is a discussion in my opinion but as always I know nothing as I am just going through it.  I am totally lost for words xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 18/03/20, 13:21 »
    Hey snowdropwood, this is a very trying time for many many people and I'm sorry for what you are going through and your lack of support. It seems like the end of the world right now, but this will most likely be over in a few months and things will slowly go back to normal. It's never the end in this situation although it sometimes feels like it. For someone that dies due to the virus, it unfortunately really is the end. But you are right, the one doesn't really make the other any easier. It'll be okay again sometime soon.

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 18/03/20, 19:25 »
    Thank you x What a deadful time for everyone ,  I have felt this is the end of many things in the world, including (selfishly ) for me hope of children.  I hope their is hope beyond this and life recovers .  I didnt have the resources as a  single person 43 having last hope DD treatment to see beyond this . Day at a time and lessons to learn about compassion for me at least ! Thank you for kindness and hope xx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 19/03/20, 20:39 »
    The clinic rang today - the egg donor is stopping on instruction  from Med director due to C virus crisis ( staffing, safety, resources being redeplyed to the crisis )  ) .  I used to think that fertility treatment was characterized by uncertainty , being out of control, in the hands of the Gods,  - this crisis takes this to  a new level. No answers , I hope that there is still hope !    xx

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 20/03/20, 08:23 »
    Sorry itís been cancelled Snowdrop. What will this mean for you now, another waiting game like for me?

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 20/03/20, 17:03 »
    Hi - I have tried to ring the clinic and ask some questions e.g does the donor want to go again in the future but i cant get through to anyone so I guess I know nothing really , awful time all around for everyone, couldn't have predicted IVF would end like this tbh.  do you have any info about things in your situation ? x

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 20/03/20, 17:10 »
    I think trying to get any info atm is probably unrealistic - the website of the clinic has updated things a bit  - i think some people receiving meds are perhaps continuing for egg retrieval ( ?) but the donor in my case has stopped for reasons of staffing/ safety / HFEA information  - any information / thoughts from others would be helpful ? .  I imagine we are all gutted on this particularly journey when it is all cancelled.  I can only imagine that the health system ( inc private ) are having a unimaginably difficult time and in some ways I can see that IVF is not a priority. I doesn't stop the shock and anxiety and mental exhaustion though ., Be safe and well., xx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 20/03/20, 21:46 »
    Love=Lucy -

on another thread you mentioned the difficulty of the ' there will be a baby boom in 9 months time with everyone staying at home ! '  - glad you mentioned it as find it heartbreaking - it is meant jovially but when you hear it in conversation and you have had your your (DD) IVF cancelled ( and coping with it privately / silently as you are single ) after years / decades of going through it , there aren't really any words  - but glad you mentioned it as I cant in any other place in the world right now x x

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 20/03/20, 22:42 »
    Iím sorry to hear peopleís news about their cancelled cycles. I am also in the same position. I was due to start meds next week and had a phone call from my clinic yesterday to say that all new cycles have been cancelled. Time is ticking on for me and like others I have found the endless rounds of IVF mentally exhausting and this is now quite hard to bear. I completely understand the need to prioritise care and services across the country and I know the situation is hard to predict. However, other countries have taken a more pragmatic and reasoned approach to IVF treatment, continuing as normal, closing for now and reviewing again at the end of March or freezing eggs and embryos to avoid transferring during the pandemic. If we could have some clear guidance as to when the situation is likely to be reviewed that would help, but at the moment the only message we have is that all IVF has ceased.

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 20/03/20, 23:48 »
    I agree but I am told not even the Med Director can give a time line. Yes IVF is characterized by uncertainty / not being able to plan for a future / exhaustion/ the clock ticking so I agree this current no guidance is awful. I am just told there are no answers as this is unprecedented to all the medics . I think after several months i might be running out of steam and hope - never could have predicted this , be well xx