* Author Topic: C virus UK and treatment being cancelled  (Read 3328 times)

0 Members

modify
C virus UK and treatment being cancelled
« Reply #20 on: 21/03/20, 12:05 »
Same here we were about to have DE FET with our last frostie and my clock is pretty much running out as I said would stop this year. Itís so hard but just trying to distract myself. Thinking of you all and stay safe x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Paje

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 21/03/20, 12:10 »
    hi snowdropwood,
     im so sorry . I hear your heart breaking, and I can't do much to help you feel any better about it. I have actually never posted before, but I felt I had to give you a virtual hug  ^hugme^Ö. having no family support must be very hard. allow yourself to be disappointed, and use this space to share that pain... it's the one place I think we all get a lot of support and understanding....

(our journey is virtually secret, only a handful of close friends know what we have gone though- hubby's sibling had a devastating loss a few years back that affected his whole family, so we had chosen not to share our journey when it started back then, as it's hard enough to handle our own expectations, never mind that of their family who would be further heartbroken. they just think we are odd middle-aged teetotallers and utter boring fks these days! ::))

i'm another who was due to start end of this week. I turned 44 last Wednesday, so I already knew this was a very low chance, but having finally done immunes testing, getting results that explain some of the experiences we have had, having hubby see an androlygist & us getting direction of how we could try a likely, last , cycle.. well, yeah, it's all on hold for an indeterminate length of time.
     my clinic is in Scotland, a private clinic ( obv's due to age) and they had explained if any of their patients had already started their cycle of drugs they were only being given the option to freeze eggs or embryos, no transfers were taking place. that was what the clinic had been told to do.
    when I spoke to my clinic, on Thursday, the clinic advised they were bluntly instructed they were not allowed to assist anyone in getting pregnant right now.
    (I had £1500 of drugs delivered that morning, oh the irony!) I have to respect that decision, as hard as it is.

I had been watching the C virus related news the last 4 weeks, knowing my new protocol was going to involve immune suppressions - and feeling increasing nervous as time went on. half of me is disappointed - not yet facing the big picture of what this likely r e a l l y means for us and our family hopes (I don't think my hubby would be won over to donor eggs, so really own eggs is the only way for us as a coupleÖand with an AMH of 3.1 in most recent test - yeah, I knew it was a very long shot already).. but the other half of me relieved the decision has been made by someone.
    Suppressing your immune system is a route it took me a while to become comfortable with  - doing it right now - it would be foolhardy and irresponsible of me. and you know what? I like being alive. I like experiencing life. and it would be stupid of me to play with that even if the clinic were willing to support that treatment now. my mom is 83 net month - I'm avoiding her, because, yeah , I'm as strong as an ox( there s that superb immune system again ^bigbad^) but who knows if I may be carrying the dreaded c-virus? it's not right of me to wander about, so I'm living quietly. the logic I am using, is if more people do that, then we may be able to shorten the lifespan of this thing and then maybe, maybe, we could see the halt to fertility treatments being lifted.... it's purely selfish though, so don't call me a saint.
    I haven't solved your pain , or answered any of your questions... just saying  I'm here in solidarity with you xxx K

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 21/03/20, 21:02 »
    Hi Snowdrop, yes weíre just playing the waiting game now with absolutely no idea when it will happen. Iím fortunate that I have a 9 month old from DE already. I was feeling a bit sad for her that I was starting to focus on my next baby (for various reasons now felt the right time to try again) so iím seeing it as getting to spend more time with her as just a family of us 3.

And yes!!! The baby boom talk!!! People seem to think itís so hilarious but definitely not when going through a cancelled cycle or even in general for any one going through fertility issues.

Feeling for all you ladies that are going through this

Online snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 21/03/20, 21:21 »
    Hi - yes feeling for others going through this too and yes there is total uncertainty . The wider global picture is becoming frightening with the C virus.  Private hospital / doctors moving to NHS is also totally right,  at times I feel IVF will never happen because of global forces but I cant accept it was meant to be.  . We are probably all anxious about money/ work/ health/ family and friends and everyone else too at this uncertain time - all very surreal. For now there is quiet as I live alone but plenty of opportunites to help others atm  - thank you for sharing , support and understanding x

Online snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 24/03/20, 22:24 »
    The magnitude and likely longeivity of the current critical situation is obviously completely awful and is affecting everyone in many different ways. I cant imagine how stressful working in the NHS must be arm.

Things feel surreal in this dreadful situation,  (they already did i guess starting DD IVF at 43 on my own. )

I feel I want to be realistic, sorry if this sounds pessimistic, but I have doubts about whether IVF treatments now cancelled would start again within a time in which it would be legal/ realistic for someone my age to be having treatment.  I think staff will be redeployed to the NHS ( which is of course right ) for a long time, and the space/ facilities/ equipment within clinics redeployed also. 

Does any one else have similar thoughts ? Uncertainty is always a part of IVF I know but I am trying to be as realistic as possible so that I can begin to come to terms with things internally and try to move forward and do something useful during this awful time globally .  take care all x

Online snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 27/03/20, 02:00 »
    hello,

i spoke to uk clinic where u was having treatment . They agreed they will be closed for a long time.

does anyone think they will be having any kind of fertility treatment anywhere in the world before April 2021 ?

Thank you x

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 28/03/20, 13:37 »
    @snowdropwood - I think it mainly depends on a country and how fast a goverment will manage the situation. Today Wuhan (China) has partially come back to its normal life, so it took them about 4 months. Italy and Spain have been hit hard. I am currently staying in Poland, and Poland and Czech rep went into quarantine when the 1st patient had been diagnosed and introduced tighten measures to avoid the further spread of the c virus. So the situation (thanks to God) is much much better here, so their clinics might be re opened faster than those in Spain. However. the question of safe travelling and flying remains open. From what I have read Cyprus has managed the situation very well, but it's really difficult to say how the situation will be developing even tomorrow. Let's hope and pray c virus will end as soon as possible x

Online snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 28/03/20, 20:46 »
    Hi Miamiamo, thank you for information, yes indeed the situation is uncertain and I will try to keep open to clinics in Europe too, indeed lets hope and pray c virus will end as soon as possible xx

Online snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 8/04/20, 20:30 »
    Hi ,

There was a a short slot on the BBC news channel this eve about IVF cancellations, an interview with a Professor from University British Columbia, v short interview but did say the ongoing/ indefinate  cancellations of treatment and births this year / and next year  is partly to do with the unknown affects of this virus on pregnancy / fetus - I guess I have difficult / mixed feeling about this as this is a world of a myriad possible complications in any pregnancy and also because natural conceptions are not indefinately being banned as IVF is . I know that the HFEA will be over cautious about starting treatment when ever that is in an unknown future time . That is why I fear that it will be too late for me.   Just my opinion and I am tired and emotional like we all are probably .  I hope that everyone is coping one way or another these very crazy times, take care xx

Offline Coffeeandcake1

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 12/04/20, 22:15 »
    Hi guys, we are in the same situation. We already have a little girl from egg donation and we were just starting a cycle to try for a sibling when everything got halted. I donít have any idea how long things will be on hold for but itís pretty stressful all round. We had a chemical pregnancy from a frozen cycle in October and it hit me really hard. Our original donor was kind enough to offer to donate again and we couldnít believe our luck & were so excited. Now I have no idea whether she will still want to donate when the time comes. Plus we are cycling in the UK but live in the USA so will have to travel, and also need immune treatment which I know is 100% off the table for now. Itís just a mess.

Has anyone had any updates from the clinics about a likely minimum timeline for closure?