* Author Topic: C virus UK and treatment being cancelled  (Read 3329 times)

0 Members

Offline ZC

modify
C virus UK and treatment being cancelled
« Reply #30 on: 12/04/20, 22:34 »
Coffeeandcake we re very similar. Our donor donated again for us. I had just done a transfer. Chemical pregnancy. And was due to go back end of this month for FET of final embryo. And itís cancelled. DE in Spain. 

Spain has a possible relaxation on 9th May - Iíve been following news there daily so for anyone cycling there it might be good to just check in with the clinic

This only means a relaxation though no idea on travel

Does anyone else have any idea regarding the country they are cycling in?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Coffeeandcake1

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 13/04/20, 19:25 »
    ZC fingers crossed for you!! I hope you are able to get going again soon. It sucks to be stuck in limbo :(

Online snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 13/04/20, 22:38 »
    Hi,

I am glad there are others posting here and I know it is awful times all around . I was perhaps surprised that there weren't many posts about the fact that pretty much ALL IVF has been postponed/ cancelled but I understand there are no answers atm . But it is massive and difficult to process ........

I think we can help support each other , maybe by sharing any info we have like in ZC as that is really informative thank u . 

The fertility Network suggested 6 months . The clinics post info from the HFEA and other Medical Bodies on which they have to base their decisions I believe .  There have been a few things in the media about cancelled IVF . Some of it is really concerning because it quotes the affects on people if things are cancelled for a year . I have emailed the clinic with specific questions . It is really awful , and I guess anything is better than nothing . I am 43 , single , was having DD , I find that I am better when i can keep busy but in truth I find this an utter nightmare which my brain cant quite process . There is total limbo and at times utter grief because I don't see any hope. I am trying to help out with voluntary work locally , walks and apply for jobs .

Lets share any info if that is OK ? , I think it is helpful. A day at a time ..... xx

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 14/04/20, 18:00 »
    Snowdrop. Where are you cycling? Thatís really difficult for you. I do understand those feelings but right now itís worse because the future is so unclear.

Are the HFEA saying 6 months from now or from the start? A year to anyone undergoing ivf is far too long. Especially using own eggs.

While everyone understands this is a pandemic and priorities have shifted to making sure we stay healthy and C19 free. Itís also ok to say this is totally s&@ too!

I will make contact with the clinic in a week or so. Spain relaxed somewhat yesterday too. It gave me some hope.

Online snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 15/04/20, 00:00 »
    Hi - i had just started Double donation IVF at BCRM ( Bristol ) when it was all cancelled so the donor was cancelled and did not proceed any further ......The HFEA from what I have read have not said any time scale, The Fertility Network said they thought it would be 6 months ( from when lockdown started ) . The clinic can not say but some staff are now redeployed to the NHS front line / furloughed .  I just know that everything will be over cautious about restarting, just my opinion I guess. I don't know if treatment would happen if there was still some social distancing in place in a future point.  Yes there is not plan , no certainty , no moving forward so incredibly difficult for everyone I know. But good to share info here none the less to help inform others , yes i saw some changes in Spain and Italy yesterday  x

Offline Coffeeandcake1

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 15/04/20, 18:00 »
    Yeah itís definitely s$&!

We havenít had any useful info from our clinic but Iíll keep you updated if we do. They have given us a number we can call to ask about our specific cycle so I might do that tomorrow, and see if they will say more informally (but I bet they canít say all that much at the moment). I just hope our donor will stick around until we can start treatment again - I donít know how she is feeling about the whole process  and that worries me. She is 30, with young children and I worry that itís too much to ask for her to remain available indefinitely.

One of my best friends had a baby this week and Iíve been finding it a little hard... Iím thrilled for her but it brings back a lot of unwelcome memories from before we had our first kiddo, when we had many unsuccessful OE cycles and watched others around us start families. Trying to be grateful for the child we have, and enjoy all this extra time with her. A lot of people have made comments about Ďquarantine babiesí or how everyone who has a kiddo our age is trying to a second. Iím baffled bc we are very open about our IVF & egg donation, but I honestly think people forget! Iím a big believer in just being honest when asked, but itís been annoying to have to keep stating that itís not an option for us to conceive naturally and that the reason there is no second child looming is because we canít access treatment!

Sorry - rant over!!!! I needed that 😂
    Lots of hugs to you all x

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 17/04/20, 20:27 »
    I will make contact with the clinic in a week or so. Spain relaxed somewhat yesterday too. It gave me some hope.
    Also Poland will be relaxing this Monday, and from what I have read Czech rep managed the situation successfully

Online snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 17/04/20, 21:50 »
    hi,

does this means these countries are resuming treatments do you know ? / or maybe already have ....

I spoke to my clinic the other day and asked questions along the lines of ...if there is still social distancing in place would treatments resume ? , and the website talks about having extra resources when they reopen to be able to see lots of patients / lots of appointments and I asked about this .

They said they are looking at 'the summer ' for restarting most likely even if there is social distancing in place by putting protective practices in place.  A donor had started before so no idea if she would want to again in the future. Some clinic staff are working in the front line for NHS so that is another factor which would mean treatment wouldn't start.  I disagree with C virus having unknown affect on a embryo/fetus as a reason to ban IVF as natural conception is not banned during this period of pandemic so it is contradictory. Anyway I also had a difficult conversation with my mum the other day ( 4 children when she was young , no problems ) and she is quite judgemental ( some things are not meant to be, get on with the rest of your life, don't be so stubborn, give up ) and I think I have finally learnt not to discuss it with her as I find it really painful to be on the receiving end of 'advice' when people have no concept of the disease of infertility or what the journey entails and what people go through emotionally , physically , financially and more .  Anyway not wanting to be negative and i still hope that I will be a Mum and have a family life  - take care all xx

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 19/04/20, 18:28 »
    Snowdropwood I have to contact my clinic when AF arrives. 3 days late right now (thanks to previous drop shot and changes to meds mid cycle) so hopefully in the next few days. But Spain still seems to be in a bad place.

There is also a huge difference between IVF and DE simply due to the fact that more people have to be considered and managed. So each treatment has its own difficulties. With DE if embryos were created they could be frozen. With IVF using own eggs time is the enemy. So much to consider and this is why people are so so upset grieving and stressed out of their minds.

For those who are waiting for FET we are in the best group. For those who have selected a donor and are waiting thatís just terribly tough especially if the donor had it started treatment or it was cancelled.

But overall around the EU the news is positive. I honestly feel we are looking at mid to late summer. I need to hold onto that hope.

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 24/04/20, 07:17 »
    Weíve had an email this morning from IB that theyíre starting treatment again from April 27th. I was excited to get the email but then quickly realised it probably still doesnít mean much for us while this is all still going on. The earliest Iíd be able to do the FET based on my period is the end of May but that still feels like an uncertain time with the UK still currently on lockdown and travel restricted