* Author Topic: How Coronavirus is affecting your clinic/ treatment (especially immunes)  (Read 883 times)

0 Members

Offline Actonion

• Un-Ranked
I want to start a thread on how coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting your clinic or your treatment. Best if you could stick to facts and not speculations as far as possible. This will help us make decisions as to whether to start a new treatment now or wait.

Is your private fertility clinic still operating as usual?

Are your immunes treatments being altered? I did LIT, IVIG, Humira, Clexane, Prednisolone for my FET in January, I think I'll need them again for my next cycle but wary about suppressing my immunity in the midst of a pandemic now.

Thanks for sharing the updates!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    I am not cycling in the UK, in fact, I had an ED transfer last week in Spain. I had doubts about still going ahead with the transfer and I asked my Dr if it was the right thing to do, but back then the clinic reassured me that they were taking all the precautions recommended by the Spanish Fertility Society. My doctor did not change my medication; I am on estradiol and progesterone.

Two days after the transfer Spain declared a state of emergency and I returned back to the UK right away. I was expecting to be tested for the C virus when entering in the UK, but nothing happened.

All I can say right now is this C virus has added another level of stress into something that is already stressful. I can honestly say that these 2-weeks waiting has become very hard as I am constantly anxious, not just about if we have achieved pregnancy, but also worried if we did, how we are going to be able to protect ourselves from this virus. I am aware that in my case this virus is very likely not to be life-threatening, but getting the virus on the first trimester could increase chances of a miscarriage.

Yesterday, I received a note from my clinic explaining that all treatments are now suspended until further notice as the clinic must be at the disposition of both the Government and the military. I am meant to do a pregnancy test in two days and I was given an emergency email address to send the result.

Offline brooky

Hi, I am talking to my clinic today so I will ask them about this and report back.

Offline hkd

Hello,

My transfer which was scheduled on Friday was cancelled yesterday. I'm with a clinic in Barcelona.
    I found out about my transfer last Friday and flew there on Saturday finding out the country declared lockdown while I was in the air. When I talked to my doctor on Sunday, my transfer was still on but just within one day the situation got upside down. I managed to come back home last night but like Mac said, there was no instruction on self isolation or anything when coming back here. Now no entry to the country for 30 days (at least) so who knows when I can begins my next treatment.

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    All my thoughts are with u ladies who are going through cycles being cancelled right now.
    I can honestly say i found cancelled cycles about as dissapointing and upsetting as BFNs and none of you are being selfish by being extremely upset by all of this.
    It's just a really [email protected] situation all round

HKD lots of  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to you, you've had a really rubbish time of it
     ^hugme^

Love 2 u all. Be kind to yourselves xx

Offline snowdropwood

I started (or tried to ) a thread the same as this a few days ago about UK IVF and C virus.

I started IVF DD in the UK ( that is double donor )  . Cancelled today . I have been asking the clinic for days , they said it is all normal.  The doctor today said it is worse to loose family members.  They have no info about anything about the future as it is unknown / unprecedented so they cant say anything 

Is it worse to loose family members or never to have a family in the first place .  Booth are pretty poop I think.  I feel that everything is a nightmare , unreal.  I have 0 support from family etc

Offline Actonion

• Un-Ranked
    My clinic in London said they will continue to operate as normal, until in the event that UK has to lock down like Spain and France where people are not allowed to leave their home except for buying groceries. I'm crossing my fingers that this won't happen in the UK.

Sorry about your frustrations snowdropwood. We who are on this journey know how frustrating it is. I hope the situation will change for you soon.

Offline Claire58

• Un-Ranked
    Hi ladies 👋 I have just had a failed FET in the Czech Republic and had wanted to go back asap to try for a second. I feel if you have a plan to move forward it some how makes things a little easier to deal with, which has now been taken away. The clinic is now closed for new cycles which is totally understandable and we obviously cannot travel there anyway. Iím about to turn 38 so time isnít particularly on our side which makes me worry a lot! Itís a tough uncertain time for us all to be going through IVF, itís stressful enough as it is!
    The advice we have been given at this time is that as soon as they are open for new cycles again we can go ahead. I have also enquired about how to bring our embryos back to the UK as a precaution. Iím awaiting all info on this subject.
    Snowdropwood - oh my goodness! Was that someone from your clinic who made these comments to you? That is so unhelpful and unsupportive to make such comments. I would hit the roof if someone said that to me, how dare they! I feel neither situations are better than each other and not the point at all! Understandably we have to be safe and very careful in such uncertain times however those types of attitudes help no one at all!

Wishing lots of love at this stressful time to all going through trying to create our little miracles xxx

Offline Love_Lucy

Hi ladies, Iíve responded on one of the other threads but thought iíd write here as well. I was due to have FET at the end of April and was preparing myself to get starting in a couple of weeks. Weíre at IB in Alicante which has shut for now and we donít know when theyíll be opening again. Feeling very sad and disappointed. We havenít told anyone either so the anxious wait and disappointment has been a lot to take.

A friend of mine was due to start her cycle at a UK clinic yesterday as her period had arrived but when she called they told her they were not doing any treatments until JULY!

I think itís totally human of us to feel upset at these circumstances and iím glad we have this forum as a safe space to talk about it as we all know the stress and preparation that comes with fertility treatment.

Sorry to those that have felt unsupported by their family or clinic. We havenít told family for this exact reason, they wouldnít get it but thereís many of us on here who will totally understand xx

Offline snowdropwood

Hi  - I am quite lost for words and things feel surreal atm.  I think we just dont know the future of our treatments/ treatments started/ postponed atm in the UK and Europe. There is almost total uncertainty which is beyond difficult.   Who could have imagined this would happen in the world ? The Dr said to me that loosing family was worse (than not having family in the first place) , I imagine she was extremely stressed and frightened probably ...... 

I feel now more than ever support here and  in the community is more important than ever and i value the unique shared understanding here at this incredibly difficult time xxx