* Author Topic: FET postponed due to Covid-19  (Read 2076 times)

0 Members

Offline taraeob

• Gold Member
modify
FET postponed due to Covid-19
« Reply #10 on: 29/03/20, 16:55 »
Hi Ladies, Sorry that you are all going through this.  I also had my FET cancelled halfway through when the Czech borders closed.  I had a previous FET which failed.  God knows when we will be okay to go, I guess we my just all stick together and support one another xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 2/04/20, 09:31 »
    Iím struggling today. Period has come which would have meant it was cycle day 1 for my end of April FET. Iíve been counting down and waiting for this day for a while. How is everyone else doing? Staying safe I hope xxx

Offline Pognut

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 2/04/20, 18:58 »
    Hi all,

We were going to transfer one or two of our last 2 embryos in May - it's been 18 months since our last cycle (medical stuff happening) so a longer delay isn't the end of the world, but it does feel rubbish. As does not knowing when we might get going again - our clinic has said to watch their website and they'll say when they're re-opening.

Sorry to hear other people are struggling too. Ouch, Lucy, that's hard. These dates-that-aren't (would have been due dates, dates things should have happened etc) are painful, aren't they. Hope you've been able to do something nice today. Our turn will come... xx

PS Just in case anyone's worrying about stress levels being too high - the biggest study on stress and IVF came up with the (surprising) conclusion that stress doesn't affect your chances of success. My counsellor told me this and it was - ironically - incredibly good for my stress levels to know that it didn't matter! The article's in the BMJ, and is here if anyone wants to read it: https://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.d223

Online Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 3/04/20, 21:10 »
    Thanks for the support Pognut, lots of rubbish food and wine helped!

Which clinic are you with? I think the toughest thing is just not knowing when weíll.be out of this and able to start treatments again.

Thatís interesting research youíve shared and yes funny how that actually eases the stress. I always stress about being too stressed!!

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 23/04/20, 12:52 »
    Hi Ladies

My FET should have been 9th April in Bratislava, and obviously cancelled, I was 3 days from starting the estrogen :(

The have said that July may be a chance, but playing it by ear at the moment.

Lots of love to everyone x

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 24/04/20, 21:29 »
    millie13 - Bratislava is in Slovakia, and today the Czech Rep has opened its borders, it's a good sign for you x

Offline Desperatelady30

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 30/04/20, 16:43 »
    Hi All, I hope you are keeping well.
    I was due to have my second FET in Cyprus on the 1st April. I had my first failed FET in January. I had just started to take meds before everything was stopped. I took the lupron injection on the 7th March, but then stopped all meds. I had a period starting 10/11th March. I asked my coordinator whether I would still ovulate in March after having the injection, she seemed to think I would but it would obviously be later than expected. I'm not sure if I did ovulate or not (probably not), apart from a little bit of light spotting of dark blood I've not bled since finishing my period in March but I have had light cramps on and off. Did anyone else have the lupron/lucrin injection then not go for treatment? I want to know how long it will be before I ovulate again, I can't find anything online for only taking the injection once.

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 30/04/20, 20:19 »
    Hi
    I was on the same schedule as you and was cancelled too.

I didnít ovulate after my shot or it seems I didnít anyway. I was tracking. And I also missed a period.

The info about later ovulation is useful.

It happened once before on a cancelled cycle and I ovulated and had a cycle after the skipped cancelled cycle where I didnít ovulate. if that makes sense. So that full cycle was 58 days long.

Hope you get to go back for FET soon.

Offline Desperatelady30

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 1/05/20, 08:04 »
    Hi ZC

My next period should be next week, that would make me around 58 days too so I'll see if that appears.

I convince myself all the time that I might be pregnant when I know there is very little chance. The spotting made me think I could be this month but I don't think I even ovulated 😔. We thought we might as well carry on trying naturally until we are able to travel back to the hospital.

I hope we are all able to have our transfers soon, it feels like there is always something pushing a possible pregnancy even further out of reach.

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 1/05/20, 14:09 »
    I thought the same and has to test as we were Ďtryingí
    Negative though

Clinic in Spain are aiming for June /July time so Iím thinking Aug / Sept

We need to get back