* Author Topic: FET postponed due to Covid-19  (Read 2117 times)

0 Members

Offline ForeverHope

• Un-Ranked
modify
FET postponed due to Covid-19
« Reply #20 on: 1/05/20, 19:26 »
Hi Everybody,
If Iíd known about this thread Iíd have been on here sooner - so sorry for the late joining.
I share a lot of the feelings/feelings/worries I think have already been shared.
I had a successful fresh IVF cycle, which produced by little boy in 2016. Everyday I count my blessings & I know how lucky I am. We got one embryo & he was a strong little bugger 💙
I then had a failed IVF fresh cycle in Nov-Dec (blood test & neg result on 23rd Dec) 💔
We had one frozen embryo & started treatment in March with FET booked for April 6th.
Our clinic (NHS but Iím a private patient), suspended all fertility services a few weeks before the lockdown & I got a call to tell me to stop meds with immediate effect 💔
Iíll be honest, Iíve convinced myself it will be 12 months at least before we can go again. We only have one embryo & I donít have a lot of hope that it will survive the big defrost.
Iíll be 42 in July and so the chances of me having another successful fresh cycle after that, are very small.
My recent period was 11 days late (Iím usually like clockwork)....can only think itís the emotions & the stress of it all.
So....to hear today that fertility services are being resumed.....I feel stunned if Iím honest.
How do you all feel about it?
Iím not sure if Iím confident enough to go back into the hospital with the current situation for what pragmatically, would be an unnecessary procedure (timing wise).....
On the other hand, Iím desperate to know if our little frostie makes it......
I have not been good with my diet or rose consumption or exercise during lockdown so far.....

Sorry for the mammoth post, what are you all feeling about getting back on the horse?

Sending lots & lots of love xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 1/05/20, 21:42 »
    So looks like no flights from here (Ireland) until August at least. We have just had announcements on the roadmap to reopening the country.
    So thatís harsh but nothing can be done about that.

Offline Harry2604

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 7/05/20, 12:50 »
    My clinic in Prague has just told me they are operating again, so i could go next cycle, which is due May 20th. It says there are flights available so trying to decide whether to book my scan and bloods for next week. Is anyone else starting treatment again, Im just not sure what to do, Im so desperate to get out there for my frosties

Offline ForeverHope

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 7/05/20, 13:28 »
    Oh my gosh Harry 2604!
    How are you feeling about that?

I guess a mix of emotions, itís so hard to know what to do for the best isnít it?
    I really sympathise for you, having the added consideration of travel in the mix 🤯

Sending you lots of love xxx

Offline JippyBoo

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 17/05/20, 22:49 »
    Oh wow Harry2604 that sounds quite promising. Where will you be flying from?