* Author Topic: NHS referral  (Read 218 times)

0 Members

Offline sarpia

• Un-Ranked
modify
NHS referral
« on: 2/04/20, 19:43 »
Good afternoon,

DH and I have been TTC for over 4 years now, after a not very positive experience with an NHS consultant I was told there was no other option for us but IVF and we were given a have a free cycle with the NHS.

We would like to go with UCLH as they work with CRGH which is our clinic of choice. I am under the CCG of Lewisham and when I first spoke with my GP (a few months ago) he said he would send me anywhere I wanted; however when I called again this morning to re-confirm, he said he would have to send me to Kings and in case they will send me to a different hospital...

Does anyone know how this works and if I can actually have the free cycle with UCLH?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who will take the time to answer, I'm very puzzled.

Sara

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kara83

modify
    NHS referral
    « Reply #1 on: 13/04/20, 20:54 »
    Hi Sara

The NHS funding options are all very confusing and there is definitely an unfair postcode lottery going on with IVF!

It turns out that all CCGs fertility treatment funding criterion and details of the NHS hospitals people in each area can choose to be referred to are available online:
    http://www.fertilityfairness.co.uk/nhs-fertility-services/ivf-provision-in-england/london/

From looking at the online spreadsheet I think your options in Lewisham are Guys & St. Thomas or Kings. I had my son after NHS treatment at Guys & St. Thomas and they were alright. It is very unlikely you would be able to use your funding elsewhere but your GP should have offered you a choice between these two clinics.

Best of luck!

Kara x