* Author Topic: Dogus or Miracle IVF for donated embryo transfer?  (Read 1103 times)

0 Members

Offline SarahMcr

• Un-Ranked
Hey ladies

Thought I'd do some research into the next attempt whilst this COVID-19 situation drags on...

As we are going for donated embryos this time (we've given up on our own duff DNA after two failed OE cycles), we have been looking at other clinics for a new start.

We had relative success at Reprofit in Czech Republic and managed to get pregnant twice, but I think the quality of our own embryos was poor because of my age and also issues with MFF. Both pregnancies ended in miscarriages. I can't fault Reprofit as the staff and clinic were exceptional, but as I'm white British and my partner is Portuguese, we are looking for more diversity than what Reprofit seem to be able to offer. All donors there are mostly Czech or Slovakian, and we wanted a child that would fit more with our profile, so don't want to risk having a blonde blue-eyed baby.

I've been in contact with both Andri at Dogus and Jess at Miracle IVF in Cyprus. I like the fact we can go for a three embryo transfer and that they currently have donor embryos that would suit our physical characteristics. I know transferring three brings a higher risk of multiples, but triplets would be unlikely and I'd be absolutely ok with twins. The cost is the same - 3500 for both clinics, but they both seem to want a lot of tests that may not be necessary as it will just be an FET, and I don't seem to have a problem with getting a good lining or implantation.

It's hard to decide which one. I've heard a lot of good things about Dr Firdevs, but Andri at Dogus has been brilliant so far with fast responses and information. Does anyone have any thoughts or previous experience with these clinics? We've pretty much spent most of our savings over the last couple of years with IVF, so I'm hoping this will be our last try  ^pray^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    Dogus or Miracle IVF for donated embryo transfer?
    « Reply #1 on: 19/04/20, 23:03 »
    Andri is awesome, their success rates are not as good as they say though, for a clinic that routinely transfers 3 embryos. If you have really top grade embryos transferring two should be enough. I am sceptical of the north Cyprus clinics, they can pretty much do what they want and you generally have no recourse as they donít follow eu rules around art.

Offline SarahMcr

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 19/04/20, 23:27 »
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm only really looking at Cyprus because we want a wider choice of where donors are from. I've also made some enquiries with Spanish and Portuguese clinics, but they're a lot more expensive. To be honest,  I'd love to go back to  Reprofit, but there's less chance of a physical match.

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 20/04/20, 00:59 »
    Hi,

It is possible to ship from Cryos Denmark to Reprofit. Might be an idear?

And... OE with cells of an age of about 40 years is very, very, very different from DE with cells of say a 25 year old. I would do some serious investigation about the chances of live born after these different treatments.

Goodluck, your chances are so much better with DE... exciting!

Offline bear85

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 21/04/20, 09:50 »
    Andri is awesome, their success rates are not as good as they say though, for a clinic that routinely transfers 3 embryos. If you have really top grade embryos transferring two should be enough. I am sceptical of the north Cyprus clinics, they can pretty much do what they want and you generally have no recourse as they donít follow eu rules around art.

It did seem a bit like believe what we say, not what we show you at Dogus. Then again, I'm not really in a position to argue if they did show me :-). We were shown basic info for FET, for donor egg and donor sperm but not shown anything to do with quality of embryo.

They preferred to use donor egg and donor sperm transfer rather than FET when we went in Sept '19 but they did in the end do FET after we discussed.

Andri is great and really does keep you informed, I can't fault her and the staff were really lovely but they do have limited language... for that reason Andri did get alot of questions and was busy for the same reason with other patients, she does her best to keep on top of everything and she did a great job.

Offline kittykat76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 21/04/20, 12:41 »
    No real experience but I did contact dogus when I was looking at moving to embryo adoption and the communication was pretty speedy,in the end I decided on serum in Greece,i found their communication and info the best and they have lots of success (going back 3yrs here) at that time plus a wide diversity of donors and Penny works hard to match you to donors with similar features/colouring, may be worth a look if you havent already. In the end I didn't use them as my last OE cycle worked but I had them lined up ready to go for if it failed and really liked them. Lots of luck :-)

Offline SarahMcr

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 23/04/20, 12:25 »
    You've all been really kind  with your sharing your experiences.  :) :)

KiityKat, based on what you said, I've been in touch with Penny at Serum. A double transfer of two adopted embryos is less at 3000 euros, but she advised double donation to get a more specific match, but at 6000 euros, this is out of reach for us. I think I'm going to look further into donated embryos - I like the idea of giving life to a baby that would otherwise still be languishing in a frozen vial. Serum seem to have a more solid reputation with live birth results, but they have a policy of not PGD testing because the long-term effects are still not known. I think I'll also get un touch with Dunya too.

Flights look a bit easier to Athens to, which helps.

Offline kittykat76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 23/04/20, 14:25 »
    I think I looked at dunya as well, they all blend into one after a while. I think if you aren't too specific on what looking for then embryo adoption is a great way to go and its what I would have done as after 3 fresh cycles,fets, immunes etc I just couldn't have afforded double donor and told Penny that and she was fine with it s if you did want to go for that with Serum then just tell her its what you want and that's that.... I became quite bossy and determined with these clinics lol. I really feel that baby takes on your characteristics both in the womb and whilst growing up so I wasnt too concerned about specific matching. A friend has just had a baby via embryo adoption at a clinic near me and it cost £4500 and she received 7 day 3 embies, 5 went to blast so she also has some frosties. 

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 23/04/20, 23:51 »
    Dunya is very expensive and they donít do embryo adoption, just embryo donation which is double donor, so using donor eggs and donor sperm, so not all ready made up.Ä7000 I think.

Offline SarahMcr

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 24/04/20, 09:19 »
    Thanks Stacey - this will save me sending an email to Dunya then.