* Author Topic: Have you heard from your clinic recently?  (Read 2423 times)

0 Members

Offline ZC

Anyone heard from your clinic in Spain with any info regarding treatment, plans, whether they are open closed and or how this may affect donor recruitment, FET?

Any ideas on when we might be able to travel

Feel free to use here to vent express how you feel grieve get support or just voice how to feel to get some of this off your chest

Hugs

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Have you heard from your clinic recently?
    « Reply #1 on: 22/04/20, 21:45 »
    Hiya,

As have said on another thread I am in touch with the UK clinic where i was having treatment b4 it was cancelled .  It is impossible to know anything much though they are still recruiting donors and people are having on line assessments with a view to have treatment...but I don't know anything about side the UK with regards to treatment x 

Offline hkd

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 28/04/20, 09:27 »
    my clinic is in Barcelona. The clinic has been partially open since lockdown. According to their website, they won't do any new treatments including embryo transfers until the pandemic ceases or at least European Society for Human Reproduction changes its recommendation. It looks like a long wait... much longer than I had expected...

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 28/04/20, 12:00 »
    ESHRE has changed. My clinic in Alicante restarted yesterday. So maybe check back in with yours.

Offline hkd

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 28/04/20, 13:06 »
    Thanks for posting the updated info! My clinic is very slow updating its website...I was even surprised to see they have a "COVID-19" section on their website lol
    Wow, it seems like there's the light at the end of the tunnel! Yay! Now our obstacle is "traveling and accommodation"  ^idiot^

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 28/04/20, 22:08 »
    I plan on flying over and back in the same day. Have done this many times before for transfers.
    Hotels may not open for ages and I want to be home as soon as possible. But then there are other safety factors to consider.

My clinic has suggested I notify them when my June cycle starts.
    I doubt it will be June for treatment but still nice to have something to look forward to.

At least clinics are open.

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 1/05/20, 21:44 »
    So looks like no flights from here (Ireland) until August at least. We have just had announcements on the roadmap to reopening the country.
    So thatís harsh but nothing can be done about that.

Offline hkd

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 4/05/20, 16:53 »
    My clinic has reopened too and all treatments including embryo transfer have been resumed. I saw a Ryanair schedule and it'll start flying to Barcelona from the 22nd May (of course this may be push back again). Only problem is that I'm not allowed to enter Spain yet...

Offline Love_Lucy

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 4/05/20, 21:24 »
    Feeling a bit down today after realising I was probably getting excited a bit too early about IB opening again. The logistics of it all, flights, hotels being closed and the fact that we havenít started coming out of lockdown yet means itís still going to be a while. Thinking Sept might be more realistic and it just feels so far away :(