* Author Topic: May / June 2020 cycle buddies  (Read 4257 times)

0 Members

Offline snowdropwood

modify
May / June 2020 cycle buddies
« Reply #10 on: 17/05/20, 21:45 »
Hi again ,

Harry I also wondered if you  could do a Clovid test privately , though because it only tests whether you have it on that day or not ( which could change )results  seems of limited use in a way ? .....what a difficult situation to say the least, v frustrating I imagine to say the least

DD meant double donation  - in a very quick nutshell ! - i had laparotomy at 21 for PID, never became pregnant,  IVF at 30 something once with a partner, last year  3 own egg IVF at Create Bristol with donor sperm , and changed to BCRM Bristol in January for DD as they did not have a wait list for egg donors and started this in March , it was cancelled due to Clovid 19 shut down, and the donor. has just started again now.  The sperm is frozen (Cryos) .  Non anonymous donors for both as per UK law.  If all goes well then there were be first transfer mid/ late June  - i say first because I doubt everything after so many years and expect to do embryo transfers for some time , i see so many hurdles where things can go wrong atm, and heard from my mum today ' I dont agree with what you are doing'...I have cried, stood up , one step at a time onwards x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 17/05/20, 22:47 »
    Oh snowdrop, Iím really sorry your mum doesnít seem to support your decision, thatís very tough. Especially in context. Youíre trying everything to become a mum to a precious little human being. Sheíll come around though once she cuddles her grandchild ^pray^ :)
    I hope life wonít throw any more hurdles at you and youíll have the smoothest ride from now on xxx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 17/05/20, 23:10 »
    Thank you.x  It has been the strangest day - i felt strongly today I can't take these pointless judgements any more from family, I joined gthis thread, i took a walk with a woman and her baby conceived whom she conceived with a donor, then read an amazing blog on 'defining Mum' specifically written for families of people with infertility issues using a donor ( or 2 in my case !) so forwarded it family as resonated completely .    Everything is even tougher in the Clovid 19 world and I really hope that clinics stay open now, i have a strong sense of one foot in front of the other atm..we are all warriers am sure ! x

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 18/05/20, 09:19 »
    Snowdrop 😘😘

Update from me: my bbt dropped this morning and sure enough AF followed.
    So it was a CP which is a little miracle in itself and shows that it could happen.

With AF here I can call my clinic to see if they have restarted. Iím at Croydon university hospital (as private patient as they did my NHS funded round which worked), they do transfers at London Womenís clinic who can now operate.
    I called the hospital this morning but there was no answer, not even voicemail. Thatís not very promising.

UPDATE: the clinic called me, they havenít received the go ahead yet so Iíll have to wait for my next period to start treatment.....

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 19/05/20, 07:45 »
    Hi Pritamin - glad to hear your body if getting back to normal and I agree in a way its great to know that things can happen naturally. It's a bitter sweet thing when that happens. Sorry your clinic is not open yet. It seems to be a bit hit and miss at the moment. Can they do it at the LWC instead or would you just prefer to wait another cycle?

Hi snowdrop - sorry to hear about the rollercoaster ride you are having. As you say we can only take it one step at a time and its sounds like you have a great positive attitude which is the most most of us can do atm!

Had my bloods yesterday so will find out AMH and protocol on Wednesday. We have male factor issues (and now no fallopian tubes due to the two ectopics!) so while we are hoping to use my husband's sperm we have also ordered back up donor sperm in case his sample is not great on the day. We ordered from the London Sperm Bank weeks ago and even though they are open now no one has been in contact about consent forms or delivery so am getting really worried they wont deliver in time. Chasing every day and calling with zero response....anxiety I definitely dont need at the moment!!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Online xZoeSx

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 19/05/20, 11:33 »
    Hello ladies!

It is lovely to see a few of us going through this at the same time (more or less).

Pritamin - so sorry for your CP but encouraging that it happened naturally! Following my CP my consultant said that it is more than likely the embryo that wasn't viable and not an issue with my uterus/lining. I hope your clinic opens soon and you can begin.

Snowdrop - keep your positive attitude, you will have a baby at the end of this and it will be so loved.

DW - can your clinic chase them up as well? It is so poor that they haven't responded. My husband would like to donate sperm, I have no idea of how it works? He has very healthy sperm, I just joke that as he is 6ft10 there might not be much demand if the baby will end up nearly 7ft with short parents ;D It would be amazing to help others though. I would love to donate eggs if I could but due to my genetic condition I can't as I don't have all healthy eggs myself :(

AFM - I hate the wait!!! I hope AF shows on time, I ovulated on Friday so hoping for AF to show around 30th...

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 19/05/20, 16:08 »
    DW - I need to go in on day 1 of my period and start the oestrogen tablets on day 2 in preparation for FET (I failed to downreg on two previous cycles do they changed protocol) so there was no time for me to start.
    Itís really not on that theyíre not getting back to you. They should really know how heightened emotions are on this journey and ignoring someoneís emails and phone calls (even if they have no answers for you maybe) is just out of order.

Zoe - are you going to downreg for FET. Hopefully AF shows on time xxx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 19/05/20, 19:05 »
    Hi, just to say hi to everyone after reading about a bit about everyones journeys on here , all more stressful because of shut downs / msgs not being responded to  - clinics are only just getting going i guess here in the UK , having treatment cancancelled out side UK must be even more stressful. 

As a donor is donating eggs ( hopefully ) i will be having a FET (hopefully) , perhaps several, using donor sperm also, FET hopefully in late June but 1 step at a time is the only way i can see it, steps back and forward. I havent got  a meds protocol yet . V concerned because periods have not returned properly since IVF in January, but as I am having DD and a scan soon i still hope i can go ahead xx

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 5/06/20, 09:13 »
    Hi! FF is understandably quiet at the moment but was wondering if anyone was starting treatment? Our FET was cancelled back in March but we are v grateful to be able to try again and have just started downreg. X

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 5/06/20, 22:43 »
    hi again,

The lady who is the egg donor is due to have egg retrieval next week and I also go in for a base line scan next week.  I am having double donor IVF so one step at a time is the only way - grateful to be at a clinic which reopened quickly and efficiently and that the donor was willing to restart again after the shut down  - when I think what we all go through in various ways / for various lengths of time I really feel we are warriors - i really can only take a step at a time which i think is a survival mode to try to manage the pain of disappointments xx