* Author Topic: May / June 2020 cycle buddies  (Read 4248 times)

0 Members

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
modify
May / June 2020 cycle buddies
« Reply #20 on: 5/06/20, 23:04 »
Hi Ducky - glad you restarted the chat as I thought everyone had disappeared! I am glad you were able to restart your FET as all this waiting must have been difficult. Do you know your approx dates for transfer. I have never done down reg (only ever short peotocol) so am never sure how the dates work.

Hi snowdrop - glad things are progressing for you as well and it's great your donor was willing to also get started so soon. Hope all goes well for your baseline scan.

Afm, we have started our full IVF cycle and I am on day 4 of injections (short protoocl). I had a nightmare few weeks with London Sperm Bank and the donor sperm delivery we were expecting  so ended up cancelling with them as they were sooo rubbish and going with Semovo instead who were great. We are using donor sperm as a back up if my husbands sperm dont look good enough via IMSI on the day.

Am not sure how many people are cycling this month but my clinic said it is now starting to get busier again.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 7/06/20, 00:06 »

Snowdrop Thatís great you donor is happy to continue! Hope egg collection next week gives good results.

Dw39 Transfer will probably be first week of July if everything goes to plan. It was hard having last FET cancelled mid cycle but I count myself as one of the fortunate ones to be able to restart so soon. Really hope that others who had their treatment paused will be able to start soon. Great you are already on stims. How is it all going?

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 7/06/20, 10:13 »
    Hi Ducky - that must have been awful to have been cancelled mid cycle! I remember we were due to start ours and we were very sad when told we had to wait but being mid cycle must have been terrible for you. Am glad your clinic has opened early though and sounds like you were top of the list to start again! Are these FETs from your first cycle?

So far so good. Am on Gonal F which I am lucky I always seem to respond to. My AMH dropped in the last year quite a lot so is at 10.8 so am interested to see how I respond this time. My lining was at 5.5mm after day 4 of stims which is on track but I always start to stall at about 6.1/2mm since my ERPC a few years ago. So will have to see what it is tomorrow when I have my next scan. Bit nervous about that! I dont respond well to fake oestrogen so let's see if having more follicles with more natural oestrogen helps. Here's hoping!! We have male factor issues (and now I am much older at 43) so last time we are doing this before we switch to donor. Therefore feels like a lot is riding on this one......

Hi Snowdrop - how are you doing?

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 7/06/20, 12:36 »
    AMH of 10.8 is still good! I hope your scan tomorrow goes well. I am also in my early 40s (41). Our frosties are from our only ICSI cycle 2.5 years ago. I think I have maybe x2-3 transfer attempts in me before I call it a day. Hopefully it wonít come to that though!

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, hopefully you are responding well with lots of promising follicles and an increase in your lining. Let us know how it goes. X

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 7/06/20, 21:40 »
    Hi everyone and I am glad to be sharing with others on this journey as we all know what am exhausting rollercoaster this is . I really feel it is brave to be going through all this and hugely stressful. 

I have been on noristerone for a week, I am due to go to the clinic on Friday and then to start progesterone .  The donor is due to have E/R on Wednesday and i am told she is fine. The sperm is frozen (DD IVF) . 

It feels strange only to convey a thank you to the lady via the clinic and likely there will be no contact other than that. That really feels very strange. I am sole recipient for the eggs and I haven't had DE IVF b4.    I am 43 and single and talk in general with family / close friends about what I am going through and can only cope if I stay in the present each day.   I don't feel concerned about another shut down of the clinic and I feel very grateful for the clinic opening so efficiently and quickly . It all feels quite surreal at times, both DD IVF and covid.    I long so deeply for things to be successful but I also cant imagine that it will ever be after so many years of problems and infertility .    Best wishes to everyone xx

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 8/06/20, 11:47 »
    Hi snowdrop. Am glad things are progressing well for you and I agree everything around COVID and the miracles they can do with donor and IVF does seem very surreal at times. Do keep your spirits up though. While it feels surreal I so often hear of people after many many years finding success in whatever form that may take. You are going through a lot to make your dreams come true and am sure when it hapens you will look back and feel it was all worth it. In regards to your donor, it really is an amazing gift they give. Are you able to write her a letter for the clinic to give to her maybe?

Hey Ducky - it's great you have embryos from an ICSI 2.5 years ago. I have a few frozen from when I was younger too but we know the quality is poor given sperm issues at the time so are keeping those as back up but am not hopeful about them given our specific issues. How is down reg going? 

So had my scan today. Have about 10 follicles growing at a good rate and they think egg collection will be on friday. I hope so as I have an exam on the Saturday morning!! Also, and am still in shock about this, but my lining is at 7.3cm with some time to still go!! It has not been this high since my ERPC 3 years ago after trying every option the docs gave us via mock trails. Am hoping all those castor oil packs and herbal medicines I have been taking have helped with the scar tissue that was in there. Will not get too excited yet in case it decides to start going backwards but so far so good..!

Offline xZoeSx

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 8/06/20, 17:24 »
    Hi everyone!
    It seems like this group is getting busy now which is lovely to see. I hope we can enjoy the summer pregnant!

I start buserelin on Friday ready for my transfer on long protocol. Transfer early July!

Offline PippityPoppity

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 9/06/20, 19:14 »
    Hi everyone! I posted this in the FET board earlier but I this this board is busier! Looking forward to supporting each other through this crazy journey!

Hi, I'm going to start a FET this month just waiting for my period to start so I can book in for baseline scan.

I've previously been prescribed prednisolone just in case it would help due to recurrent miscarriages . I've had one successful pregnancy using it and one BFN using it. My clinic has said I can use it this cycle if I want to but have advised the risks due to covid 19 as it will lower my immune system. I'm undecided what to do so just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position?

Good luck to everyone just about to start x

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 10/06/20, 14:14 »
    Hi Zoe - nice to hear from you and I bet you can't wait for friday to come around!! Not long now.

Hi Pippety - that's interesting that it lowers your immune system. I don't know much about it but I guess other people have been on immunosuppresents (for other reasons) during C19 and as long as you are extra careful whilst on it then maybe you can manage the risk? Are you based in London where rates are now lower or another part of the country?

Afm had another scan today and still in shock but my lining is at 8.8mm!!! That's the same level as before my ERPC3 years ago that messed it all up. Am so glad some of what I have been doing has finally made a difference. Follicles all look good too (about 11) so egg collection has been booked in for Friday! Its come around very quickly so fingers crossed we get something from this round to transfer back in. Trying to keep my nerves in check!

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 10/06/20, 19:35 »
    Hi again,

i am aware i am using donor eggs and using this thread ( as DE/DD thread are quiet) so in some ways the IVF is different (?) .  The donor had E/C today (20) and is OK gladly and the lab up date on friday  . I sent her a short letter so thank you DW 39 for this suggestion, appreciated. I have a baseline scan on Friday. 

It helped to have a session with the counsellor today but in general i feel traumatized, the session helped to see that a lot of the pain ( which i can actually do something about !) is the asking/ wishing/hoping/ expecting that a friend/s of family in going to be empathic and this doesnt happen . In the last few days I have had 'it was your choice / too busy to listen/ why dont you adopt/ stop trying and it will happen ( I am single !) / children are tiring / wouldnt do that at your age / how would you cope on your own / stop hasstling the clinic and let them do their job.....

Yet the brave continuing over 13 years I manage/ the donor issues I have found peace with so I need to find ways of accepting I am really doing this on my own and prob best not to talk about it over much but to stay calm and take a day at a time ,  all bestest wishes to everyone going through cycles / treatments xxx